Bon Accord Bottlers vs Partick St Germain

That was a dreadful match to watch along with being the coldest since I was at the Arbroath cup match about 12 years ago.  3 points is all that matters I suppose and same amount of games last season we are 2 points up and have the chance to be 5 points up from last season. 

Felt Stewart deserved his man of the match as I'm a big fan of his it really is a shame he doesn't have pace but I suppose if he did he would be playing at a higher level.  

Nothing worse than seeing a team just sit in, defend and time waste - was  glad we won as I don't like to see football played that way.  Aberdeen has quite a few injuries as well so quite surprised to see Partick be negative and really didn't offer much apart from a header in the 2nd half. 

Winter break is coming at a good time for us as we really have a lot of injuries in the team and Saturday game will be interesting to see who is fit. 

2017 has been a really fantastic year for the dons but it is just a shame we haven't a trophy to show for it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Aberdeen has quite a few injuries as well so quite surprised to see Partick be negative and really didn't offer much apart from a header in the 2nd half. 

If you're going to suggest we should be more positive because Aberdeen have injuries, I'd counter that by arguing that we've got even more. Don't like to use it as an excuse seeing as it's partly our own fault for failing to replace certain crocks, but I think given the fact we're down to the bare bones right now we were even less likely to come up to Pittodrie and go for it than usual.

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you're going to suggest we should be more positive because Aberdeen have injuries, I'd counter that by arguing that we've got even more. Don't like to use it as an excuse seeing as it's partly our own fault for failing to replace certain crocks, but I think given the fact we're down to the bare bones right now we were even less likely to come up to Pittodrie and go for it than usual.

We was down to the bare bones defensively against Celtic but I don't see any Aberdeen fan complaining about the performance against Celtic because we had a go at them and was pretty unlucky as 3-0 didn't represent that match. I just don't like my team to set-up negative regardless of the injury situation and McInnes has set us up negative against Celtic a few times and also Rangers match this season. 

Just watched the highlights, and the defending, particularly Devine, was atrocious for every Aberdeen attack. We have regressed so much defensively it's unreal. Even taking into account the absence of Callum Booth, I didn't realise how big a loss Liam Lindsay would be.

It's not just the loss of our full backs that have resulted in our defensive frailties. We have 4 central midfielders missing too. I think the criticism of Devine etc is over the top considering our current circumstances.

31 minutes ago, Walter said:

It's not just the loss of our full backs that have resulted in our defensive frailties. We have 4 central midfielders missing too. I think the criticism of Devine etc is over the top considering our current circumstances.

Even with everyone fit, he has been a total liability since he joined. It definitely has been more exposed without someone like Osman in front of him though.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They forced you to pay £26? Check the prices in advance next time and refuse to pay if you think it's too expensive - moaning about it achieves nothing.

I've been moaning since I first watched Thistle about 46 years ago and it makes me feel better.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

I think the criticism of Devine etc is over the top considering our current circumstances.

I don't. He's been culpable for so many goals this season, either through daft fouls giving away penalties, failing to clear the ball or awful positioning.

We've had a lot of unreliable defenders since our return to the top flight: Balatoni gave away loads of goals by slipping on his arse at inopportune moments, as did Muirhead by being as slow as a week in the jail, and then we had Piccolo who was essentially the CB equivalent of Ryan Edwards (a lot of pointing & charging about with f**k all footballing contribution). Callum Booth has also had his fair share of stupid tackles resulting in penalties. But I'd guess Danny Devine this season has individually shipped more goals than the lot of them.

He can't blame the supporting cast, either. Keown and Turnbull have the exact same excuse and have looked nowhere near as poor. He's just fucking rubbish.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don't. He's been culpable for so many goals this season, either through daft fouls giving away penalties, failing to clear the ball or awful positioning.

We've had a lot of unreliable defenders since our return to the top flight: Balatoni gave away loads of goals by slipping on his arse at inopportune moments, as did Muirhead by being as slow as a week in the jail, and then we had Piccolo who was essentially the CB equivalent of Ryan Edwards (a lot of pointing & charging about with f**k all footballing contribution). Callum Booth has also had his fair share of stupid tackles resulting in penalties. But I'd guess Danny Devine this season has individually shipped more goals than the lot of them.

He can't blame the supporting cast, either. Keown and Turnbull have the exact same excuse and have looked nowhere near as poor. He's just fucking rubbish.

I remember when we first signed him and all the ICT fans pointed out that he tends to wander out of poistion a lot, which he did but not quite as much now. Not a huge fan of Devine in a back four (I would pref Turnbull + Keown), as he has been prone to a lot more brain-farts this season. The Dundee away game highlghts was brutal to watch Devine make an arse out of just about everything.

Archived