Hearts v Hibs

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was a bit disappointed with the game but I’m happy that we never lost and hibs were robbed of victory. Hopefully a better derby in a few weeks time
I was disappointed that we didn't get the penalty from Stevenson's handball, scored and pinched the 3 points.

Lennon detonating into a mushroom cloud would have been lush.

Wow. Glad I watched it at a mate's... must've been murder for those at the game.

Hibs better team first half though apart from the 'goal' they didn't trouble our goalie much.

Hearts a different team in the 2nd though neither played much football. Isma was awful - what a clumsy first touch... Walker was toiling in the last ten minutes or so and young McDonald should've come on.

All in all, an abysmal spectactle - Hibs' goal should've stood and Hearts should've had a penalty or two. Honours even on the ref-error count.

Neither goalie was troubled much and it's poor for us that since beating Celtic 4-0, we've had only one shot on goal in two games.

10 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

I can understand why that is quite exciting.

But it’s not 22 in a row or 17 in a row or even 13 in a row. But 3 wins and 6 draws will be thrilling to you guys I suppose.

It's 4 wins champ. And guaranteed to be 5 when we turn you over like a bottle of ketchup next month as long as we get a fair ref this time.

C5A0C495-4871-4877-95DC-8A5B60361853.gif.ef00bbe2dd927631c198c6f0964ab913.gif

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

No doubt we'll see calls for goal-line technology but costs are horrendous - hundreds of thousands of £ to install, tens of thousands to certify annually, and thousands per game to activate.

Seemingly only the English, French, German and Italian leagues have installed it.

Isn't 100% accurate either - earlier this season it incorrectly awarded a goal in France.

There would also be issues with installing it in some of our smaller grounds as well because the stands to fit the cameras to either don’t exist (e.g. Hamilton) or aren’t particularly tall (e.g. Ross County). That’s not a criticism of those clubs, more the requirements of the systems. 

I think the best we can hope for in Scotland is a camera down each goal line being monitored by a VAR. 

VARs themselves might not be of full use in Scotland because our non-live games are covered by a maximum of only 5 cameras (most are just 4). In England, their non-live games have more cameras than most of our live ones...

No doubt we'll see calls for goal-line technology but costs are horrendous - hundreds of thousands of £ to install, tens of thousands to certify annually, and thousands per game to activate.

Seemingly only the English, French, German and Italian leagues have installed it.

Isn't 100% accurate either - earlier this season it incorrectly awarded a goal in France.

Surely it doesn’t need to cost hundreds of thousands to instal a system that can tell a referee that the ball has crossed the line or not? How hard can it be ffs.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

That French goal was then disallowed by the ref.  Not sure of how this came about but the ref awarded it based on the signal from the software then after various protests disallowed the goal - can't find an article with any more detail showing why he was able to do this other than one saying he realised there was a problem with the goal line gadget.  

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Surely it doesn’t need to cost hundreds of thousands to instal a system that can tell a referee that the ball has crossed the line or not? How hard can it be ffs.

remember, the companies selling this know that leagues like the EPL have multi-million pound sources of income.  On average (looking at various articles) an EPL club will be billed for about £250k for installing the software and technical stuff.   Weigh that against the number of times a team needs it to determine a goal.  Some sort of cricket-style basic video/3rd ref in the stands might work.

remember, the companies selling this know that leagues like the EPL have multi-million pound sources of income.  On average (looking at various articles) an EPL club will be billed for about £250k for installing the software and technical stuff.   Weigh that against the number of times a team needs it to determine a goal.  Some sort of cricket-style basic video/3rd ref in the stands might work.

It’s ridiculous sums of money for something so simple, an I phone cello taped to each cross bar would be able to tell the ref if the ball had crossed the line or not.

19 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s ridiculous sums of money for something so simple, an I phone cello taped to each cross bar would be able to tell the ref if the ball had crossed the line or not.

And if a goalkeeper is clutching the ball, hiding it from the “I phone”?

The decision from these systems isn’t based on the video, but the 3D model constructed from the cameras positioned all round the ground. That’s why you get the wee animation when a goal is(n’t) given. 

And if a goalkeeper is clutching the ball, hiding it from the “I phone”?
The decision from these systems isn’t based on the video, but the 3D model constructed from the cameras positioned all round the ground. That’s why you get the wee animation when a goal is(n’t) given. 

That’s a fair point although an I phone on each goal post could suffice and a decision could still be made quickly. All the technology you described is well over the top, particularly in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s a fair point although an I phone on each goal post could suffice and a decision could still be made quickly. All the technology you described is well over the top, particularly in Scotland.

It’s not over the top, though.  A ball can be concealed in all directions so you need a system that not only “sees” it, but tracks it. 

And as I said, it’s ultimately not the video that leads to the decision. 

Game was a shitfest but enjoyable. Hibs obviously done out the goal and overall I thought were the better side. Lafferty should have buried his chance in the second half. Pitch looked f*cking brutal.

1 minute ago, Tynieness said:

Get technology to f**k.  Decisions like last night and Lampards in world cup  etc keep fans talking about it for years.

The seethe, the joy etc etc.

The last thing any football fan really wants is to have to accept that their team isn't unlucky and hasn't been cheated, it's just that they are shit. For that reason I endorse this view.

Archived