Ross' Resplendency .vs. Csaba's Shenanigans - 29/12 - 19:45

1 minute ago, The DA said:

How did that happen?  I thought we were the better team in the first half but then I had to head out and I missed both goals.

Were United (more) shite in the second half or did St Mirren up their game?

Both.  We were pretty evenly matched up until the first goal.

In the cold light of day I’m a bit less pissed off.  We didn’t play anything like we have been but that could have been due in part to a better opposition.

Until the first goal I thought we were solid defensively and had Flood been subbied earlier we may have defended the first goal better.

The differences between the two teams were a) one very good player and b) St Mirren taking confidence from scoring the first goal.

The lack of quality on our bench was/is real cause for concern.

This is our first defeat under Csaba with certain players underperforming, injury issues and facing a very good and organised opposition.  Hopefully we can keep things in perspective.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

We've shat it, and their main man has done the business. Twice.

For all the hyperbole that may or may not exist on this thread, I'd just like to quote probably the most efficient description of the night.

Other than perhaps Davis, who I would have given the MotM to not Morgan, I thought we were pretty average for large parts of the game. The main difference is that United just didn't turn up in the second half, and combined with Ross' decision to push high up the field the game was heading towards a defensive blunder or a shot from outside the box that was going to clinch it.

Thought Fraser was probably United's most dangerous player; it's amazing how little "top level" players like Quinn, MacDonald, Scobbie and King made next to no impact. On paper that side should be romping the league.

The two goals were, imo, hit and hope. The second one purely because the first worked. The defending of that was shambolic, and Lewis after being beaten from the same angle and same distance really should have realised Morgan was going to have another crack. Ultimately he was who won it for us, it will be interesting to see just how well he copes with his move and subsequent loan back.

Caught the second half of this last night. As others have said, apart from his goals Morgan was pretty quiet, but fair play to him for making things happen and his two goals were really good finishes. I thought McGinn was the best player on the park, broke play up and his distribution is superb. Davis and Baird strolled it, but I don't think they will get it as easy as that on Tuesday, as Quitongo gives Baird nightmares! Fair play to the Saints, and Jack Ross, you guys have been the best and most consistent team in the league. 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Interesting article from a couple of weeks ago: https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/can-dundee-united-join-celtic-man-city-dominating-league/

I'm going to say no.

Duthie is a United fan, I seem to remember him causing ire within the "h*n support" by calling them the "h*n support". Still it's a little unfair to look back at journalists work in hindsight. If only they had the perceptive and prophetic powers that those who use Internet forums have developed.

Went looking for the quote that so annoyed the h*ns, which I didn't - I presume it was taken down amongst a cacophony of seething and petulance - but I did find this...

Tom Duthie Appreciation Image

I love how Rae is still clinging onto the fact he gave Morgan his new deal, as if it will get him a new gig as he has an eye for talent.

What makes McCoists comments on BT about not seeing much of Morgan is I'm pretty sure he was the Rangers manager when Morgan was released by them.

Pair of staunch clowns.

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I love how Rae is still clinging onto the fact he gave Morgan his new deal, as if it will get him a new gig as he has an eye for talent.

What makes McCoists comments on BT about not seeing much of Morgan is I'm pretty sure he was the Rangers manager when Morgan was released by them.

Pair of staunch clowns.

I don't know why Rae doesn't just say, "I had a shot, didn't work, it was different setup at the time but I wish them all the best now" instead of his continued grasping for justification.

We all know the decisions  he made and that those decisions failed. It's not uncommon for managers to fail so why Rae considers himself above such a conclusion is beyond me. It only makes him look more bitter than I presume he is.

Someone told me he was saying United would win the game last night, another example of Rae's quality decision making.

From reports the "commentator and pundits" before the game (BT?) spent all the time discussing Rangers and Celtic.

I really like what BT are trying to do for the Scottish game, but why they had that panel last night I'll never know. Sutton will never be taken seriously, his petty digs all night were an embarrassment.

The rest of them have clearly not watched either team all season before tonight!

6 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I really like what BT are trying to do for the Scottish game, but why they had that panel last night I'll never know. Sutton will never be taken seriously, his petty digs all night were an embarrassment.

The rest of them have clearly not watched either team all season before tonight!

The best thing BT have done is to collate possibly the worst pundits they could effectively find, meaning the hassle of getting up and going to a game is lessened in comparison to sitting and listening to their inane and ignorant bullshit.

Just jumped on here this morning, and have to say, reading the thread from since the match started to now has been almost as painful as watching the match itself.

First of all, well done to the Buddies, Vital game which became a battle, and Saints dealt with it better than we did. Enjoy your Hogmanay parties with that special 'top of the league' glow.

Everyone is rightly giving Morgan the plaudits, (2 brilliant strikes being the difference betweeen the 2 teams) however I should point out that United barely got a sniff of goal and credit should be given to a gritty overall team performance from Saints for that.

We were decent first half, but fucking abject in the second, and our lack of depth just now is fucking scary, and needs addressed immediately. 

The only positive that I can take from last night is that Morgan's MOTM performance may have convinced Ra Sellick that he should just go there in January, rather than be loaned back, just in case any of their 10 other options for his  position needs a wee rest or picks up a knock.

Was agreed by most before a ball was kicked that the result of yesterday's game would not be season defining, but obviously will be a massive confidence boost for Saints, and will hopefully be a massive kick up the arse for us.

Bollocks.:wacko:

Archived