St Johnstone (who) v Dundee FC

Clark

Foster - Gordon - Anderson - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Millar - Wotherspoon

Scougall

Johnstone - O'Halloran

Would be ideal for this game, but a back 3/5 gives every Saints fan the fucking fear.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
46 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:
                                      Clark
Foster     Anderson  Shaughnessy   Easton
                               Millar   Tanser 
          Alston  Scougall   Wotherspoon
                                   Johnstone
Given our lack of an available ball winning midfielder it may not be as crazy an idea as it appears..Please feel free to ridicule 

Tansers softer than Tams cock after ten pints, having him in the middle is complete suicide.

If you had said that Tanser was softer than your heed I may just  have concurred 

I can’t leave dundee till about 2 today. Will this be an issue with the roadworks around the ground? Also, where can I park?
It's been busy the last few games, and there's roadworks on the Crieff Road so I'd avoid the stadium car park like the plague. A lot of folk park at Tesco/B&Q/Dobbies and seem to be alright. There's a garage site down the back of Langside Road that seems pretty empty on match days lately too. A few minutes walk to the ground but you'd hopefully avoid the huge tailbacks when you're leaving.

I can’t leave dundee till about 2 today. Will this be an issue with the roadworks around the ground? Also, where can I park?

You should be fine. Turn off at Broxden as if you’re going into Perth rather than towards the ground then take a left at the next roundabout. Go up through the western edge and aim for West Mains Avenue. You’ll get parked down there somewhere approx 5/10 mins from ground without hitting much in the way of traffic. If you leave at 2 you could be parked up by half past.

As lords and rulers of Tayside it is our divine right and duty to hump these bumpkins as and when we feel. We know it and they know it too, it keeps them in their place and they like it that way. So gather peasants of Perth, bring forth your fairest maidens (excludes letham, muirton, north muirton, hillyland, hunters and bridgend) and let the humping commence........

As for the game...unless we get an og or a penalty very little chance of us scoring and if O'Deas in the team saints guaranteed a pen and a barrowload of chances!

Looking at the stats, our last win in Perth was the season we came up, Harkins scoring in a 1-0 win.

There's only been one other away win since then (St Johnstone 2-0 at Dens post-split in the same season), with the rest (9 games) being home wins or draws.

My original motivation for looking at the stats was to find out our last win at McDiarmid. But it is a little fascinating that it's a fixture that seems to favour the whoever the home team is. 

Looking at the stats, our last win in Perth was the season we came up, Harkins scoring in a 1-0 win.
There's only been one other away win since then (St Johnstone 2-0 at Dens post-split in the same season), with the rest (9 games) being home wins or draws.
My original motivation for looking at the stats was to find out our last win at McDiarmid. But it is a little fascinating that it's a fixture that seems to favour the whoever the home team is. 
I think the goal that day was actually Konrad's but was incorrectly reported at the time and still goes down as Harkins on a few online reports.

I think results between clubs have been mostly form based tbh. Had a couple of home games when we've been in quite good form and St Johnstone have been on a long run of poor games and vice versa.

Today looks like tight for me on paper. I think we've been decent for a wee while now (Hearts game the exception) and St Johnstone have been prodding along with absentees but picking up points.

I think the goal that day was actually Konrad's but was incorrectly reported at the time and still goes down as Harkins on a few online reports.

I think results between clubs have been mostly form based tbh. Had a couple of home games when we've been in quite good form and St Johnstone have been on a long run of poor games and vice versa.

Today looks like tight for me on paper. I think we've been decent for a wee while now (Hearts game the exception) and St Johnstone have been prodding along with absentees but picking up points.
We've been pretty shite at home, if you want to factor that in. A 0-0 draw with Hearts, where they battered us for the entire second half until the red card, is our best performance this season.

Completely disagree. If I could be arsed I would dig the stats out for the second half but it was pretty equal.
I love stats but they only go so far in terms of reflecting a game, and they'd be heavily skewed by the game after the red card, until then Hearts had us pinned in. They didn't create many chances, but territory wise, the game was mostly in our half.

I love stats but they only go so far in terms of reflecting a game, and they'd be heavily skewed by the game after the red card, until then Hearts had us pinned in. They didn't create many chances, but territory wise, the game was mostly in our half.

So they didn't batter us but merely held the ball a bit better than us in the second half when we were playing into a gale force wind. ?

So they didn't batter us but merely held the ball a bit better than us in the second half when we were playing into a gale force wind. ?
They had the vast majority of possession and our players were mostly around our own box defending. I'd say that's getting dominated.

As I say I must have watched a different game as it was a midfield battle mostly
I think it's been established I have a very negative reflection of most games, tbf.

Archived