St Johnstone (who) v Dundee FC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Horrendous tackle and studs were up.

They both went for a high ball, no contact between the players. I've no idea how you call that a red.

La2Qhtz.gif 

Can't complain with that, yet again we fail to start a match and Dundee score the simplest goal ever. Felt we were getting a grip of things when the red card came about, still not convinced its a red but a few Saints fans saying on twitter that it was a horrible tackle, so I'm probably wrong. If it is then hopefully Foster is one of those in the bin this window, he's run out of chances.

Second half we were much better, can't help but feel that was due to Dundee, rather professionally, refusing to take any risks. Scougall absolutely ran the show which is massively pleasing, and MOH was much better. Second goal came about when we were bombing folk forward and were leaving it 2v2 at the back, MOH with an absolutely shite pass and then he just stands and watches instead of tracking back, one of the reasons I'm unconvinced he'll be a loss to us. Dundee probably could've had another late on if that El Bahktaoui could lift his head, three players unmarked in the box and instead he sprints towards four Saints played as he's so desperate to take a shot himself.

We've a big window coming up, as we all know. Was warming to Johnstone but he was pretty lethargic today, and that lunge was abysmal, one of the worst tackles you'll see.

Wee Saints going doon if O'Halloran goes.

Given he’s done the square route of heehaw in 3 months, he’s an irrelevance if we go down, cause he’s not stopping anything.

Anyway, that was the best game we’d Scougall has had for us, just goes to show put him in the middle and play him for a full game and he’ll perform.

He's not contributing anything just now. No goals or assists since the first game in September. He, like our entire team, Scougall aside, is too predictable just now.

Second half at least had something in the performance but the damage was very much done in the first half, where we were second best long before the Foster red card. Dundee were on it from the off, Saints were nowhere close. Not the first time it's happened in either this fixture in recent seasons or at McDiarmid more generally in recent times.

Home form is dismal and would like to hear that manager at least has a suspicion why or what he intends to do to improve it.

That's us 6 points away from the play-off spot. We are in the relegation battle.
Motherwell in free fall too - 2 points and no wins in last 8 games.
Worth remembering we have a game in hand of the bottom three (County, Partick, Dundee) and it's against Motherwell.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

He's not contributing anything just now. No goals or assists since the first game in September. He, like our entire team, Scougall aside, is too predictable just now.

But yet we would love to have him? Aye ok!

:lol:

GIRFUY.

Thought MOH was our best player alongside Scougall. Happy how we played second half. Moment of madness has cost us.

Johnstone is mince. A couple of goals hasn't convinced me otherwise. Up front on your own playing with 10 and flicking the ball on to no one. Speaks volumes that even MOH looked better with back to goal

A pleasing end to the year and really important to go into the break on a high. 

There were a couple of hairy moments in the second half but I think overall we played a decent possession game, even if it wasn’t pretty to watch. 

Dundee being Dundee there’s always that doubt that says we need a second goal. I just wish it came a bit sooner to settle the nerves.

But yet we would love to have him? Aye ok!
[emoji38]
GIRFUY.
Probably would yes. When he's in form he's the best wide player outwith Celtic, and you lot need a winger. When he's out of form, hes useless. A few darting runs today and the odd good touches don't really convince me he's worth sacrificing a window over, id rather spend the wages on two fresh players than have him for six months, hes returning to Rangers at some point so feels like we're just treading water with him.

Also, I think that confirms that in 2017 we've lost more home games than we've won, and we've conceded more than we've scored. And people wonder why the crowds are barely rising.

We're a completely different side away from McDiarmid.

I thought the first half St. Johnstone were awful, an absolute gang. Sounds like Forsters red was probably deserved and Johnstone looked like he should also have gone. They came into it in the second half but they're not a good side, aside from MOH and Scougall.

Parish - comfortable on the ball, good distribution and a great save after the free kick hit the post.

Kerr - though he done okay but still not great going forward.

Hendry - absolutely strolled the game, top class performance.

Waddell - looked uncomfortable on the ball in spells and rightly taken off I thought. Good to get him more game time though.

Jon - thought he had another good game. He's come into confidence and looks really assured on the ball and isn't easily beaten on his wing

O'hara - done some dirty work in he first half and had a decent enough game.

McGowan - between him and Jon for me for MOTM, same as last week. Was all over the pitch and had a great first half.

Kamara - he's had another good game today, really controls the pace and thought he made a great tackle on the edge of the box in the second half.

Allan - some lovely reverse balls and runs but he was knocked off the ball a couple of times really easily in situations where FEB would have been slaughtered.

AJLS - must like it against saints as I thought he looked good today. Was coming deep to get the ball and a great finish for the second.

Haber - got his goal and looked good for 10mins in the first half. Movement is non-existent off the ball and he doesn't challenge for headers. His goal made a big difference, however.

Big win considering other results and go into a tough run of fixtures having only lost to hibs Aberdeen and Celtic in the last 10 games.

Archived