Queens v Dumbarton

I'd free Dobbie tbh, his love for football has obviously diminished.

He should immediately return to a club where he's been able to re-ignite his passion for the game before, somewhere a good manager will spur him on to better things.

59 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I hope he did, otherwise the manager is taking a hell of a risk with his job.

That is a ridiculous thing to say. A player who has more entitlement than the manager? Dobbie is a big player and yes he is "Mr QoS" to an extent, but no player should be above getting subbed off.

Defended reasonably well, hopefully Fordyce can step in for Kerr straight away?

Martin and Mercer two best for me, best I’ve seen either play.

Very poor going forward, none of the midfield can pick a pass. Thomson is a good player and has lots of energy, but didn’t really get into the game much with Rankin appearing to get forward more. Which isn’t something he appears capable of.

7 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

Truth hurts the twitter fans that don’t go to every game I quote  doh doh as I say that is a good result ask stevie if he was happy 

Can you answer either of the questions I put to you or is this just a case of you wanting to say your bit and leave it at that?

Truth hurts the twitter fans that don’t go to every game I quote  doh doh as I say that is a good result ask stevie if he was happy 

Has anyone said it was a bad result or that they were unhappy with it? You're creating drama that doesn't exist. You also moan about folk "slagging off the boys" yet I've seen numerous posts from yourself slagging off Nade and now Stewart (who played a huge part in our recent 6 match unbeaten run).

We can arrange for you to be awarded with a medal at the end of the season for attending every game. That most certainly makes you a bigger fan than the rest of us.

Another poor game and performance I thought.

A draw was about right, but it took a really good save from Martin at the end to seal it.

It's stating the obvious, but the main difficulty is that we have too few players who are sufficiently good at football.  I agree that Mercer did well overall and I appreciate that he wasn't playing on his natural side, but the absence of a left foot he and other sometimes display, always troubles me in professional footballers.

Thomson did alright, providing a bit of drive in midfield, but the real lack in there concerns guile.  Several times, players just attempted to run through others with the ball and unsurprisingly, it never paid off.  

I can't help feeling that observers springing to Dykes' defence, are simply being contrary.  He offers us nothing at all.

As regards Dobbie, he certainly wasn't having a good game.  Replacing him though, even when out of sorts, can only diminish any slim chance of a goal.  He beat his hands angrily on the dugout when he came off, so he certainly didn't seem thrilled.

We're on another poor run of form and results now, and without changes, it's hard to be too optimistic.  It's galling that we've got Dobbie, but probably won't even get a crack at the play-offs (the promotion ones, that is)  while he's on board.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

10 hours ago, Queens1919 said:

If we all had an attitude like yours then no one would turn up, but you’ll expect us to sign players this month.

Think turning up when the team is winning is called glory hunting, it’s the fans that are there win lose or draw that matter.

It’s easy to blame the manager, but what can he do on a shoe string budget that only gets worse because folk like yourself would rather come on here and spout shite instead of getting down and supporting the lads.

I haven't got any thoughts on us signing players this month aside from I wouldn't trust this Manager with doing it.

It's nothing to do with a " shoe string budget " he hasn't made signings that have significantly improved us.

Not sure if your glory hunting comment is general or specifically aimed at me, but let me tell you something.

I am now in my 50th year of attending Palmerston.

I was there all through the 'Harkness' years including the lowest points when crowds were 300 - not much glory hunting going on then I can assure you.

I was a regular in what was probably our worst season ever culminating in the 6-0 thrashing at home to Killie  on the final day, the only consolation being it didn't save them !

I 'stayed' with Gus through THAT  season right to the end hoping that we could survive.

It's not about " turning up when the team is winning" it's about how we play.

I am totally disillusioned by this Manager and his approach to playing football.

We were warned by other fans of this and it was plain to see from an early stage what his approach was going to be.

Yes, we are lacking quality in the squad but in Dobbie and Lyle we have 2 of the best goalscorers in the League but they are not utilised to their maximum to benefit the team.

Naysmith is happy to select Dykes week after week to stand on the left and send high ball after high ball to him which, in fact, he is not very good at winning, indeed his general hold up play is so poor for someone with his physique - he is bullied by defenders week after week.

I had the pleasure of watching some of the St. Mirren game on TV  yesterday and it reminded me of how we used to play under Johnston, McIntyre and Fowler.

How on earth is this Manager allowed to get away with it ?

Having said that, it seems that more people are now beginning to get fed up with his approach too.  

I don't see him changing anytime soon so the sooner he goes the better,

Finally, I have of course already paid for my Season Ticket so if I choose not to go I am not hurting the Club financially.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Dobbie unquestionably had an off day yday but when we are desperate for a goal in the last 15 minutes he is surely the last player that you would substitute.Going by his reaction the decision wasn't well received and the last thing the Manager can surely afford to do is piss off a player whose goals and assists repeatedly keep us out of trouble ( hopefully!!).

In the 5 games before yesterday, we scored 11 goals. Dobbie scored 6 of them and played a key part in 3, with 2 direct assists. As 1 was an og, he has either scored or set up 9 of the last 10 goals scored by a Queens player.

Our home form has become really quite poor, we have one win and 6 points from the last 7 games. That’s 6 points from a possible 21 at home. And we have failed to score in 4 of the games.

In the 5 games before yesterday, we scored 11 goals. Dobbie scored 6 of them and played a key part in 3, with 2 direct assists. As 1 was an og, he has either scored or set up 9 of the last 10 goals scored by a Queens player.
Our home form has become really quite poor, we have one win and 6 points from the last 7 games. That’s 6 points from a possible 21 at home. And we have failed to score in 4 of the games.

Thanks for stats - I think they unequivocally back up the importance of Dobbie to our well being.

Just to be clear I wasn't saying that Dobbie is above substitution but even yday when things weren't coming off for him he was far and away our most likely threat especially when one bit of his brilliance could have given us 3 vital points.

It is all very well GN stamping his authority on the proceedings and making the "big call" but without Dobbie we would undoubtedly be scrapping with Falkirk and to a lesser extent Dumbarton for the second bottom position.

I understand Stirling hasn't been great for you guys but for a team who is crying out for wide players I'm astounded he isn't being used. He's the type of player that needs and run of games and confidence, using him as a bit part player isn't how to get the best out of him.

So, can we have him back?

I understand Stirling hasn't been great for you guys but for a team who is crying out for wide players I'm astounded he isn't being used. He's the type of player that needs and run of games and confidence, using him as a bit part player isn't how to get the best out of him.
So, can we have him back?

I wouldn't be in the least surprised.
Having seen him play great last year I was delighted with the signing - full marks to GN for getting him but that is where the plaudits stop I'm afraid.

It is astounding how little faith he has in the player - he only needs to sneeze and he is dropped. When the team has a bad day or disappointing result it is invariably Stirling who pays the price.Our manager seems to prefer Connor Murray who is promising, but who hasn't delivered at this level in contrast to Stirling who has a lot more to offer. Player needs to do more but there seems no recognition from Manager that he has the talent to make a tangible difference.

Unless injured, Stephen Dobbie should never be subbed. Simple as that really.

He's 35 years old. It's perfectly acceptable to sub him after 75 minutes of his 2nd game in 3 days, particularly with what your manager described as "big games" coming up and him having an "off day".

I get that he's a great player and vital to your team but you risk burning him out by having him play 90 minutes of every single game when he's 35 years of age.