Raith Rovers vs. Forfar Athletic

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m always impressed by Ousman See when I see him

And .... I'm always depressed by Ousman See when I see him .... on the team sheet.

But then we have to see him nearly every week.

I've seen more effort put into licking a stamp than he puts in for the team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first goal really is well worked. Should have made it a bit more comfortable but delighted with any kind of win. 10/10! At any level 10 wins at home is very impressive. Hopefully we keep it going! 

Zannata was excellent today. As were Davo and McKay, Robbo and Vaughan, but special mention to Buchanan who's hold up and link up play were quality all day.

Agree with others on Forfar not looking like a team that should have that few points. Wouldn't be surprised if you start picking up a few more. 

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Is steakngravy going? Or is this one of the 10% of games he doesnae fancy?

Maybe he is camped outside his solicitors offices, awaiting them opening on Monday morning.

Your a Main Stander

You must have been sitting close to or near zicoromains,steakngravy and steakngravys solicitor.They awe sit in the Main Stand

Last day of filming the Rovers for my brother today.  Hopefully come 5pm it’s 10 from 10.  

Stuck here in the USA for 3 years (Las Vegas poor me) so regularly watch Raith TV great service. I’m sure everyone who watches and listens thanks your brother for his work and wishes him the best in Glasgow.

Thought we played well today and controlled the game well, Forfar came at us from the off and certainly don’t look like a team going down, I’m amazed they’re bottom. First goal was a great move and credit to Smith as like many I’ve criticised him. Forfar’s goal was a nice move too and Smith had no chance with the finish. Felt a wee bit for the Trialist as it could happen to anyone but being hooked at half time felt unfair. Thought we should have taken the chance to kill the game but credit to Forfar as they fought to the end.

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

And .... I'm always depressed by Ousman See when I see him .... on the team sheet.

But then we have to see him nearly every week.

I've seen more effort put into licking a stamp than he puts in for the team.

poor lad must be missing his mates at City. But just to cheer you up here's a photo of him breaking into a gallop against Arbroath. 

arb14.thumb.jpg.c2fcab44efae273245e6a76d294fe48c.jpg

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Missing so many chances, stonewall penalty not given. We’ve all done this enough times to know what happens next.

Didn't think it was at the time but the highlights would probably suggest otherwise.  After watching the highlights though, I would say this ...at the match I thought Raith really should have scored more from the chances they had but on retrospect all of the chances in the second half were only half chances as best.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, despite missing about 8 good chances in the second half. Really the better team throughout and were never under any prolonged threat; I did think, however, that Forfar looked far from bottom of the league fodder and i'm surprised that they're cut adrift. I think Forfar scored with their only real shot, but even that was a good move and goal, the striker getting across his man and a strong finish into the corner. Perhaps Murray could have done a little more to stop the cross but that may be being harsh. Our first was a great team goal, accurate kicking from Smith out to Buchanan, who was fucking excellent throughout and comfortably my MOM,  who pulled it out the sky and played Matthews in, cut it back for Spence who got across the front post and swept it home first time. Really pleasing to see us score such a slick move. Felt a bit sorry for the trialist at number 3 for Forfar, though I think it's a fair assumption that he won't be signing a contract for Forfar anytime soon - an own goal followed by being hooked at half time. I'd be surprised if he even stayed for the second half.

Zanatta was a real thorn in side of Forfar in the first half in particular. He rinsed the number 2 time after time and he just couldn't cope with his direct running and pace. It's great to see him so full of confidence and running at defenders. I also think he looks a whole lot fitter than when he first joined where he was regularly blowing out his arse within 20 minutes of coming on. Davidson strolled the game - again. He's been absolutely solid since coming back from injury and has formed a good partnership with McKay who is growing in confidence and stature with every passing game. I think it's inevitable that he'll lose his place to Benedictus once he's fit but that's no slight on him, he's done a very good job through a ropey injury period. 

Zanatta was clearly MOTM but strangely enough I thought Bain, our RB, was our MOTM.  Zanatta was absolutely on fire at times and gave Bain a real hard time but Bain really stuck to his task and stopped him on several occasions plus  blocking a Raith player at the edge of the 6 yard box that prevented a 3rd goal.  Some of the passes from your left mid just carved us open and left Bain too exposed a times, not his fault tbh.

Our number 3 trialist is only 19 and didn't have too bad a game but that was a shocker of an og, the ball should've been put out yards away from the goal..  By the way, he was the one that scored the first goal against Ayr last week so is partially responsible for 6 point gain to your team.

From our point of view, Cox in the first half gave your left mid and left back a real hard time of it, can't understand why he was moved up top at the start of the second half.  Josh, goal apart, is just torture to watch, no close control and no ability to skin a player or shield the ball to allow the midfield to come forward.

See was very poor and Aitken played out of his best position, i.e. up top.  Hilson's introduction already looks promising.  Pacey, hungry for the ball and able to hold it up when under pressure.  If he stays injury free he'll cause problems.

Overall, the better team won but a good fighting display from Forfar.  Smith is mince by the way, great pass for the goal but that's not really why he's on the pitch, caught wanting with his decision making more than once against a team with little threat up front.

Special mention to the ref for booking Duthie for a cracking tackle on the half way line when he clearly got the ball only for the Raith player to fall over him, then not even speaking to See for absolutely wiping out the Raith player from behind in the corner.  Just bizarre lack of any consistency.

Your a Main Stander
You must have been sitting close to or near zicoromains,steakngravy and steakngravys solicitor.They awe sit in the Main Stand

They were all prowling the Main Stand together, approaching people and asking them ‘are you Pride of Fife or do you know of his whereabouts?’

Then they handed people poorly photocopied bits of paper noting they were looking for Pride of Fife or Scary Bear in connection with slanderous remarks on the Internet. Reward for information was a voucher for a free steak pie at Starks.

My pal was tempted but thankfully resisted the urge. If they’d raised the reward to two or three steak pies they would probably have caught us.

Two of them had standard auld man bunnets and one had a deerstalker.

Hi guys in the main stand, get a little closer, maybe a little closer still, that's it.

Now that I have you're attention, who the f**k thought it was a great idea to call Dario 'Calzone'?

Have a fucking word with yourself.

You heard noise emanating from the Main Stand? Never!

To be fair, we probably should do a bit of singing/chanting. If we can’t do it when we’ve just gone top of the league, when can we do it?

I’ve come to love hearing the ‘Ayr, Ayr, f**k your Ayr’ chant from the South Stand as it always signals points are being dropped by our main rival.

Not been down for a few weeks due to work, but zannata seems to have improved, cut out the diving and focusing on taking players on and trying to create chances. Looked like we played well again yesterday. Biggest test is next week, but yesterday’s result doesn’t make a draw the worst result in the world. Although a bit of breathing space at the top would be nice.

Bringing vaughan inside seems to have helped us do away with the punt up to buchanan tactics as well, we are playing better football and creating better chances through the midfield.

And for all the stick he has had (from me included) davidson seems more settled at centre back as well.

Shout out to big Dave McKay too. 
Can't remember him putting a foot wrong yesterday and has acquitted himself really well since coming in. 
Keep this up and it'll not be long before we can't stand in his way. 
McKay seems to have gained a lot of confidence over the last few weeks. He's comfortable on the ball and is happy to play it out from the back. I hope we offer him and Watson long term deals as there may be other clubs looking at them in the future.

Archived