A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 17/07/2024 at 13:38, megaspinnernet2 said:

Ex Celt Bobby Carroll pictured in the snow at Love Street in the freezing winter of 1963. Great St Mirren strip

Ex Celt Bobby Carroll pictured in the snow at Love Street in the freezing winter of 1963. Great St Mirren strip.jpg

eric-morecambe.gif

On 17/07/2024 at 14:53, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

IMG_1941.jpeg

Kosygin looks positively thrilled...

If we're bringing up heads of states at Scottish football I'd like to offer up Willy Brandt the Chancellor of West Germany dropping in for the East of Scotland Shield Final; nobody remembered to say "don't mention the war":

image.thumb.png.12eb868fc5f7aab98c0a68b6f9cf97ba.png

s-l1200.jpg1962033106

53 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Definitely Muirton Park

👍🏼

Apparently v Aberdeen 2nd January 1971, the day of the Ibrox Disaster.

Aberdeem finished in 2nd and Saints 3rd that season so a big game. Crowd of 21,500 at Muirton that day.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

👍🏼

Aberdeem finished in 2nd and Saints 3rd that season so a big game. Crowd of 21,500 at Muirton that day.

Yeah my great-uncle was somewhere in that pic, if that's the centre section of the stand. He wrote in his diary that day: "Went to Perth… Saints went down. Saints 0, Aberdeen 1.  Good crowd 21,500. Ibrox disaster."

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b29b48a457e0e51e696a34bb56df7a.jpeg

On 17/07/2024 at 14:53, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

My Dad was at this Killie game:

IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

kosygin.jpg.0992bb980b2c4c85f41a0ca053ea9177.jpg

second goal was bloody offside, Chou.. 

apropos of nothing he gets a mention in the Matt McGinn song the wee red yo-yo:

The wires were tremblin when he phoned the Kremlin

Tae ask aboot Annie's Yo Yo

But Kosygin agreed with the greatest of speed

That he’d raise it at the UN-O

If you’re wondering how to fill a Thursday afternoon once the 2024/25 season has finished (Celtic won the league, Scotland got relegated from Nations League but are improving under new manager David Moyes, and the Ibrox redevelopment is coming along nicely but Hampden has been put on standby for 2025/26 just in case), well there’s this lecture on the history of football in Edinburgh.

Part of the Edinburgh900 series of talks and lectures. Event publicised a fair bit in advance, a bit like TRSMT. 

https://www.edinburghmuseums.org.uk/whats-on/birth-football-edinburgh

5 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

(Celtic won the league, Scotland got relegated from Nations League but are improving under new manager David Moyes, and the Ibrox redevelopment is coming along nicely but Hampden has been put on standby for 2025/26 just in case), well there’s this lecture on the history of football in Edinburgh.

but that waste of skin Doncaster has been sacked, yes?

On 18/07/2024 at 23:01, PauloPerth said:

👍🏼

The scheduled Dundee Derby was called off and my old man drove us up to Muirton to see this game. I don’t really remember much about it except that Jim Forrest scored for Aberdeen and the crush was such leaving the ground that I was lifted completely off my feet.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Baker said:

The scheduled Dundee Derby was called off and my old man drove us up to Muirton to see this game. I don’t really remember much about it except that Jim Forrest scored for Aberdeen and the crush was such leaving the ground that I was lifted completely off my feet.

If only we had that overcrowding issue these days!!