A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

10 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Aberdeen 1 Hibernian 3 in Sept 1964 at Pittodrie. A goal for Ernie Winchester makes it 1-1 in the Scottish Summer Cup Final Replay.

Aberdeen 1 Hibernian 3 in Sept 1964 at Pittodrie. A goal for Ernie Winchester makes it 1-1 in the Scottish Summer Cup Final Replay..jpg

That is the first Dons game that I can say for certain I was at. I know my dad had taken me to games before then, but I've no idea which ones. 

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Also played for the Dons

He was signed by the Dons, but fairly sure he never played for us, not even in a friendly. Happy to be proved wrong though, old timer.

19 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Dunfermline v Third Lanark, 1960s

Dunfermline v Third Lanark, 1960s.jpeg

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

John McCormick on the left there.

Is that Alex Ferguson in the Pars number 8 top?

On 08/09/2024 at 14:00, megaspinnernet2 said:

Scotland squad pictured at Wembley in 1969.

Scotland squad pictured at Wembley in 1969..jpg

First live TV game I can remember watching.   Thankfully I didn't know then that it would only be the first of countless 'disasters for Scotland' that would last  the rest of my life.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He was signed by the Dons, but fairly sure he never played for us, not even in a friendly. Happy to be proved wrong though, old timer.

Played 32 games over 2 seasons, 1964/65 and 1965/66

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 08/09/2024 at 14:00, megaspinnernet2 said:

Scotland squad pictured at Wembley in 1969.

Scotland squad pictured at Wembley in 1969..jpg

Is there a reason the likes of Bobby Lennox, Jimmy Johnstone etc weren't in that squad? 

Makes you wonder how much better Scotland could have done back then if we had actually played our best players. 

44 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Is there a reason the likes of Bobby Lennox, Jimmy Johnstone etc weren't in that squad? 

Makes you wonder how much better Scotland could have done back then if we had actually played our best players. 

Jimmy Johnstone played against England in 66, 70, 71 & 74 . Won one, Drew one, Lost two. Willie Henderson played against England in 63, 64, 65 & 69. Won two, Drew one, Lost one. I do agree that Lennox should have played more for Scotland, however.

Edited by kennie makevin

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Played 32 games over 2 seasons, 1964/65 and 1965/66

Am I going doolally? No recollection of him playing for us at all, and can’t find any match that he played in our records. We are talking about Gerry Neef, the goalie?

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Am I going doolally? No recollection of him playing for us at all, and can’t find any match that he played in our records. We are talking about Gerry Neef, the goalie?

I thought we were talking about John McCormick! :lol:

On 08/09/2024 at 17:19, O'Kelly Isley III said:

One for the Greenockians...was that building with the windows to the left of the Cowshed once an engineering works with an American-sounding name ?

Joy Sullivan..

Manufacturer of mining equipment

The near tenement was where I was brought up...JoySullivans.jpg.78de144bfdc1c258697ea1ba360022a6.jpg

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Billy McNeil is there !

Bobby Murdoch !

Tommy Gemmill also. ?

It helps if they are fit , and not being abused by our " own " " fans "

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Jimmy Johnstone played against England in 66, 70, 71 & 74 . Won one, Drew one, Lost two. Willie Henderson played against England in 63, 64, 65 & 69. Won two, Drew one, Lost one. I do agree that Lennox should have played more for Scotland, however.

Bobby Lennox did score in 1967  ?

I just wonder where he would play ?

being primarily right footed . We were not short of brilliant ( left ) wingers then ; Eddie Gray , Charlie Cooke , Willie Johnston

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Billy McNeil is there !

Bobby Murdoch !

Tommy Gemmill also. ?

It helps if they are fit , and not being abused by our " own " " fans "

Very OF heavy that squad....McNeil, Murdoch, Gemmell , Wallace & Greg, Henderson, Stein, Johnston.