A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

IMG_6157.jpg

Workers having a kick about on the new roof of the rangers end at Celtic Park.

Notice, if you will, the numerous health and safety violations in the photo. Even the most basic, the lack of PPE, are clearly being ignored. I won’t even go into the working at heights regulations.

IMG_6157.jpg.802705943b0a1bc392f1dd251ff3617b.jpg

Workers having a kick about on the new roof of the rangers end at Celtic Park.

Notice, if you will, the numerous health and safety violations in the photo. Even the most basic, the lack of PPE, are clearly being ignored. I won’t even go into the working at heights regulations.
I thought there was snow on the roof when I first saw the photo [emoji23].

It was the '80s, it was acceptable at the time..
5cfaf9a4abc8b_jimjeffries.jpg.627a7dea4a01ad7d07362d0699eb0636.jpg
Willie Gibson: "I look down on him because he is Wee Robbo. But I look up to him because Jim will smash my pus if I don't"
I know willie gibson, and his son graham. My grandparents (mums side) lived in the coaltown of balgonie and he ran the village store for many years.

On 07/06/2019 at 13:23, Flybhoy said:

Hearts making sure everyone understands 'no fucking refunds' at Tynecastle in the 1990's.

IMG_20190607_124724.jpg

:)  That was the away end at the time.  Considering some of the disreputable loafers who used those turnstiles  the message had to be clear.

Edited by Austin McCann

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Kenny Dalglish in a Hibs kit, playing in some friendly/testimonial match, pretty sure this is the 1991 season going by the strip, they won the League Cup against Dunfermline in it, 91-92.

FB_IMG_1560264997976.jpg

It was against Aston Villa in a testimonial game for Alan Sneddon in 1991 just before the Skol Cup win. Hibs won 4-2 ith Keith Wright scoring all of their goals.

Edited by cowdenbeath

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Denis Law looking like he's on the set of Absolute Beginners. 

IMG_20190611_230011.jpg

Great book. Film? Not so much!

Edit. Just had a closer look at the background. Acker Bilk at The Hammersmith Odeon perhaps.

Edited by paulbrucerick

It was against Aston Villa in a testimonial game for Alan Sneddon in 1991 just before the Skol Cup win. Hibs won 4-2 ith Keith Wright scoring all of their goals.
Alan Sneddon signed for Hibs in 1981, he picked up Premier League and 1st Division winner medals that season. Probably not the first or last to do that, but would be surprised if anyone else had ever done it while going down a division rather than up.

How? Sneddon was at Celtic from when he was 16 which was 1974. Wouldn't surprise me if he was Dalglish's apprentice.

You may be right, according to celticwiki he signed for Celtic in 1977 from larkhall thistle but he may have been sent there from our youths, like Dalglish was to cumbernauld united, and only signed pro after he came back.

IMG_6203.jpg

You may be right, according to celticwiki he signed for Celtic in 1977 from larkhall thistle but he may have been sent there from our youths, like Dalglish was to cumbernauld united, and only signed pro after he came back.

IMG_6203.thumb.jpg.80d28c7d27afd6efca62639441cd2e57.jpg
Yip, that's exactly it.