A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Henry Templeton leads the chorus at Annfield as Ayr secure promotion back to the First Division in 1988.

FB_IMG_1538055679344.jpg

that was a pretty decent Ayr team- Templeton and Sludden up front were deadly. Henry was a good player but had the annoying habit of diving.. something his laddie David has not inherited obviously... :whistle

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Scotland v Argentina, 1979.

I can't recall seeing this game on TV either live or highlights. I think there might have been some dispute between the BBC & SFA at the time or is my memory playing tricks? 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

that was a pretty decent Ayr team- Templeton and Sludden up front were deadly. Henry was a good player but had the annoying habit of diving.. something his laddie David has not inherited obviously... :whistle

It was a decent Ayr It's team back then. They had a bit of a rivalry going with St Johnstone at the time after they fought out a close battle for promotion from the bottom to the middle tier (3 divisions back then!)......I'm sure At Johnstone secured promotion to the Premier league at Somerset Park a couple of years later?

20 hours ago, killiekranky said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor firhill seats damaged

Big part of the problem there, 'Celtic Travel Stewards'. Wouldn't be surprised if they were singing along while standing watching. The bigot brothers being allowed their own stewards at away games is a total cop out by clubs and Police Scotland, no pun intended. 

DnAFflPX0AEi4RV.jpg:large

Another goody from  Saints On This Day‏ @SaintsOTD 
On this day in 1955, Saints start their game against Arbroath with 10 men as Archie Baird's flight from Dyce is late. Baird took the field in the 19th minute and Saints went on to win 3-0

I didn't realise Saints were so far ahead of the times by having celeb crowd spotting pics and flying players to games by private aircraft.