A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Jacksgranda should know- he was there on the right of the photo! 

If it was 1970, I was coming home on a bus after playing hockey at the Abbey School, Fort Augustus.

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Jacksgranda should know- he was there on the right of the photo! 

The specky guy taking the world's first ever selfie?

19 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Motherwell  1st Division title in 1981-82

Motherwell  1st Division title in 198182.jpg

Had they been washing some of those shirts in bleach?

22 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Falkirk's 1970 team, containing not one but two future Scotland managers, one of whom is regarded by many as the greatest football manager of all time.

Falkirk's 1970 team, containing not one but two future Scotland managers, one of whom is regarded by many as the greatest football manager of all time..jpg

I saw them score a goal apiece when the Bairns won 2-1 at Boghead on Saturday 14th March 1970.  I can still remember chants of 'Randy Gibson' from the home crowd concerning George's alleged marital indiscretions which had been reported in the national press.

A corner kick for the All Star Select at Cappielow in May 1980 at Hal Stewart's Testimonial. I was in that section of the stand that day.

1980.5.4HalStewartTestimonial(2).jpg.10cc326f50193116191b23cc8ecc59a4.jpg

Pre-match entertainment had been Morton Old Crocks v Celtic Old Crocks (ended 1-1) with Benny Rooney scoring ours.

The present Morton side beat the All Star team 3-1.

(Jock Stein's) All Star Select - Rough, McGrain, Dawson, Conroy, Clark, McLeish, Davidson, Archibald, Fulton, Gemmill, Weir. Subs: McNeill, Taylor

Bristol City's Alan Hay and Gerry Gow were in the Morton side along with John McMaster and Alex MacDonald.

On 07/07/2024 at 20:57, megaspinnernet2 said:

Falkirk's 1970 team, containing not one but two future Scotland managers, one of whom is regarded by many as the greatest football manager of all time.

Falkirk's 1970 team, containing not one but two future Scotland managers, one of whom is regarded by many as the greatest football manager of all time..jpg

Pity Craig Brown didn't make it into the 1st 11 or it would have been 3 future Scotland managers.

P.S. I see a future Dundee favourite there - Jim Shirra.