What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 03/08/2023 at 18:58, Monkey Tennis said:

That is sensational, even by the standards of that particular fan base.

Obviously, the Rosa Parks bit is staggeringly beyond any kind of parody.  However, it would be a mistake to overlook the sheer majesty of his closing words : "We're as much the biggest club in Scotland as anyone else." It's hard to argue with such a coherent case.

That particular line had me chuckling away too. If the guy was having a laugh I would have admired the subtlety in which that line was delivered, but when it becomes clear that the guy is deadly serious you begin to wonder just how warped his brain must be. It takes a special kind of mental case to compare an apparent refereeing conspiracy against Celtic (a team that has won 12 (TWELVE!) trophies in a row in recent memory), to the struggles of black citizens in 1950s Alabama courageously standing up for their civil rights. 

The overwhelming feeling I had after watching that video was sadness, I genuinely feel sorry for that man. I feel sorry that he’s got to the later stages of his life and quite obviously has absolutely nothing else going on apart from the fortunes of Celtic. He could be spending time with his grandchildren, meeting up with his old pals for a pint and a game of darts or taking his family on a summer holiday, but instead he’s taking a video of himself speaking about refereeing decisions against Celtic as if it actually has any real importance in his life. It’s sad to see but there is so many Old Firm fans out there whose whole life revolves around their football club, and they become so involved that you end up getting mental videos like the one above. Unfortunately that mentality will be passed down to their offspring, it’s a never ending cycle. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That particular line had me chuckling away too. If the guy was having a laugh I would have admired the subtlety in which that line was delivered, but when it becomes clear that the guy is deadly serious you begin to wonder just how warped his brain must be. It takes a special kind of mental case to compare an apparent refereeing conspiracy against Celtic (a team that has won 12 (TWELVE!) trophies in a row in recent memory), to the struggles of black citizens in 1950s Alabama courageously standing up for their civil rights. 

The overwhelming feeling I had after watching that video was sadness, I genuinely feel sorry for that man. I feel sorry that he’s got to the later stages of his life and quite obviously has absolutely nothing else going on apart from the fortunes of Celtic. He could be spending time with his grandchildren, meeting up with his old pals for a pint and a game of darts or taking his family on a summer holiday, but instead he’s taking a video of himself speaking about refereeing decisions against Celtic as if it actually has any real importance in his life. It’s sad to see but there is so many Old Firm fans out there whose whole life revolves around their football club, and they become so involved that you end up getting mental videos like the one above. Unfortunately that mentality will be passed down to their offspring, it’s a never ending cycle. 

He could make a living as a Shrek impersonator.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He could make a living as a Shrek impersonator.

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I was thinking more Wallace from Wallace and Gromit. 

It’s only right that this decision goes to VAR. 

IMG_3449.thumb.jpeg.cb0f6e2b10e0e06668899f4a704ef67f.jpeg

“Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy”

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I just hope the Celtic support chooses to emulate Ghandi and that any demonstrations are peaceful.

We don't want some sort of Green Panthers causing civil war.

It was only a couple of seasons ago that their fans were throwing metal barriers at the team bus because they lost a couple of games in a row. It genuinely beggars belief that grown men are claiming a refereeing bias against them when they’ve won 90% of the trophies on offer over the past 8 or so years, I shudder to think what kind of lunacy we would hear if they went a couple of seasons without a trophy. 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It was only a couple of seasons ago that their fans were throwing metal barriers at the team bus because they lost a couple of games in a row. It genuinely beggars belief that grown men are claiming a refereeing bias against them when they’ve won 90% of the trophies on offer over the past 8 or so years, I shudder to think what kind of lunacy we would hear if they went a couple of seasons without a trophy. 

They've always been hot-headed. Not like their counterparts who peacefully sat on their arses while their club died.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They've always been hot-headed. Not like their counterparts who peacefully sat on their arses while their club died.

Ive always thought it was strange that it would only have taken every Rangers fan on the planet to throw a few quid in to the pot in order to save their club from liquidation, but they never bothered their arse. I remember a game against St Mirren at Ibrox where the home fans held up a ‘red card to liquidation’ before kick off. As we all now know, holding up bits of paper didn’t seem to do the job, as valiant an effort as it was. HMRC usually prefer their debts to be repayed with money, a fact that seemed to escape the entire Rangers support. 

22 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I know this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread, but I genuinely despise all Celtic fans and consider them lower down the evolutionary ladder than the other lot. That video isn't funny, as the thick c**t truly means it. 

I think that video's a parody, pal.

It's full of nonsense - "we're as much the biggest club in Scotland as anyone else." He's clearly taking the piss. 

31 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Screenshot_20230807_224132.thumb.jpg.f7c09d9b21f63713c9b361e4db7fbb9e.jpg

"Stadium"

latest-images-of-lesser-hampden-redevelopment-where-queens-v0-n3t2nsph12ca1.thumb.jpg.76dee72827acd2c31fc97100ad69b881.jpg

Also, deduct a few points more for having a name as s**te as "(the) City Stadium" - sponsor or not.

Should it not change to the FC Stadium to be more commercially attractive?

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Should it not change to the FC Stadium to be more commercially attractive?

At this point just call it "The Stadium" and offer companies a chance to sponsor each individual stand, that's sure to make loads of money...

Ah, right...

Edited by ClydeTon