What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

17 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

In the case of Rangers: Trying to be like the European Ultras who tend to wear black.

In the case of Hibs: Probably to represent the white flag they appear to pull out against any Premiership side.

The fashion accessorie that I didnt quite believe when I fist saw it was the hand bag.....Hibs fans "f*****g boooing" their team were wearing them and then I saw several "ultras" in the Rangers end at the Serviette game last night with hand bags too......what is going on?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The goalkeeper of a team who won 4-0 being in the SPFL team of the week.

I know that the BBC's "shots on target" metric isn't the most precise way of judging these things but It seems Rangers Keeper has to do more to keep a clean sheet against Livi than Ross County's Keeper against St Johnstone and more than both keepers from the Hearts vs Kilmarnock game put together

So it might not be the daftest of suggestions

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

55 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I know that the BBC's "shots on target" metric isn't the most precise way of judging these things but It seems Rangers Keeper has to do more to keep a clean sheet against Livi than Ross County's Keeper against St Johnstone and more than both keepers from the Hearts vs Kilmarnock game put together

So it might not be the daftest of suggestions

What? The Sevco keeper had to work harder to not concede than keepers from those teams? Or indeed literally every other team in the SPFL? In game his team won 4-0?! 

Are folk at the wind up here?

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What? The Sevco keeper had to work harder to not concede than keepers from those teams? Or indeed literally every other team in the SPFL? In game his team won 4-0?! 

Are folk at the wind up here?

I think the 4-0 is giving you a blinkered view of the game, the scoreline flattered Sevco a bit, 2-0 would've been a fairer reflection of the game. 

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think the 4-0 is giving you a blinkered view of the game, the scoreline flattered Sevco a bit, 2-0 would've been a fairer reflection of the game. 

Even at 2-0, how busy was their keeper? Was he busier than other keepers across the SPFL? Was he really the best keeper in the SPFL last weekend? Were Livingston creating a load of chances that their keeper was saving?

If it was Kilmarnock who beat Livingston 4-0 in the same manner would their keeper have made team of the week?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Even at 2-0, how busy was their keeper? Was he busier than other keepers across the SPFL? Was he really the best keeper in the SPFL last weekend? Were Livingston creating a load of chances that their keeper was saving?

If it was Kilmarnock who beat Livingston 4-0 in the same manner would their keeper have made team of the week?

At 1-0 he made an important save to keep their lead, which was prob pivotal in  them winning so comfortably in the end. No idea if other keepers did better than him in other games, prob not, just saying you seem hung up on the 4-0 scoreline.

Out of interest, who picks the ToTW, and have they a history of erse cheek bias?

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's almost as if looking at a score line and guessing how well a player did is a pretty tinpot idea no?

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It's almost as if looking at a score line and guessing how well a player did is a pretty tinpot idea no?

So he had an absolute stormer then and deserves his place in the team of the week over every other goalkeeper last weekend?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So he had an absolute stormer then and deserves his place in the team of the week over every other goalkeeper last weekend?

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be in the team, your arguing against a point I never made. Just that your original post made no sense really.

On 03/08/2023 at 20:55, Mr Meeker said:

It could be their late failure to win a world record points total.  Unless they did. I for one wasn't watching but it's heartbreaking if not and absolutely should be up there with the American civil rights issues. Nobody likes the inevitable late penalty to Rangers including Martin Luther King.

On 05/08/2023 at 10:42, Salvo Montalbano said:

Martin Luther on the other hand...

Father Ted Mrs Doyle GIF - FatherTed MrsDoyle PaulineMcLynn - Discover ...

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely just need an audiobook of sportsound clipped up from their weekly “now serious question guys, which of those rangers players gets in the Celtic team?”

Although nothing will ever compare to this combined xi from last season from Alan Hutton. We seriously need to look at banning heading in football...

20230816_164937.thumb.jpg.9320c9b0bea5aca239c6f8d366ea16bc.jpg

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Instead of telling everyone how much you hate Rangers, have you considered suggesting an alternative? Using statistics to point out how redundant the choice was? "The keeper can't have been good in a 4-0" is reductive, meaningless nonsense.