What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

22 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is that Isabella Clark?

I googled "isabella clark" and judging by her imdb credits I'm going to assume the answer is "No"

ETA: although the title "Treble My Arse" wouldn't seem out of place on that list of credits

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 11/11/2023 at 12:38, HibeeJibee said:

Perhaps opposite of 'tin pot'... nevertheless...

private-dining-dome%20(1).43a31cde.webp

private-dining-dome%20(3).43a31cde.webp

private-dining-dome-extra%20(2).43a31cde

image.png.c4a060c33086245e7488f512ede5536e.png

Massive respect to the top brass (military jargon for those still wearing poppy's and/or living in Larkhall and a 100 other villages in the Central Belt especially the KKK Shotts branch) for putting that right in front of the disabled section.

Please Sir, can i have some more?

Shut up and go and check your PIP (Scottish version)

I'm not arsed for Pyro at all but see the police and the football governing bodies in this country. I'm definitely not going to be doing it or encouraging it but I'm also not going to be the fun police for a wee smoke bomb. 

No one and I repeat no one went to a Scotland game and because they had fireworks decided to take a smoke bomb to a game club game because of it. NO ONE. 

They had a summit about the pyro... No fan representation so when they come out with their plan it will be completely ignored as fans will be spoken at not to. 

Was it the Aberdeen SLO a few weeks ago when they played Celtic that was tweeting that the police were going to keep individuals in the cells until the court date if they were caught with a smoke bomb... Held in custody for a fucking smoke bomb?! Aw come on 😂😂 

Isn't that the definition of tin pot stuff?

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm not arsed for Pyro at all but see the police and the football governing bodies in this country. I'm definitely not going to be doing it or encouraging it but I'm also not going to be the fun police for a wee smoke bomb. 

No one and I repeat no one went to a Scotland game and because they had fireworks decided to take a smoke bomb to a game club game because of it. NO ONE. 

They had a summit about the pyro... No fan representation so when they come out with their plan it will be completely ignored as fans will be spoken at not to. 

Was it the Aberdeen SLO a few weeks ago when they played Celtic that was tweeting that the police were going to keep individuals in the cells until the court date if they were caught with a smoke bomb... Held in custody for a fucking smoke bomb?! Aw come on 😂😂 

Isn't that the definition of tin pot stuff?

I'm no expert, but pretty sure a smoke bomb is a step or two up from a flare, which are horrendous anyway.

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm no expert, but pretty sure a smoke bomb is a step or two up from a flare, which are horrendous anyway.

19 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Other way round I think. 

Flares have a tendency to explode. 

Depends. You are unlikely to be blinded or suffer second degree burns from a smoke-bomb, but anyone with a respiratory condition would probably prefer to stand next to someone with a flare in their hand. 

I was patted down at the semi vs Rangers and I had a decent sized hip-flask in my jacket inside pocket. I think that tells you how people manage to smuggle both flares and smoke in without many issues.

Edited by Kyle Reese

14 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Depends. You are unlikely to be blinded or suffer second degree burns from a smoke-bomb, but anyone with a respiratory condition would probably prefer to stand next to someone with a flare in their hand. 

I was patted down at the semi vs Rangers and I had a decent sized hip-flask in my jacket inside pocket. I think that tells you how people manage to smuggle both flares and smoke in without many issues.

Also think they might be searching the wrong age group, that's twice recently i've been asked if i mind being patted down, Ross County and Hearts away, i'm no spring chicken,  are ultras using oldies as mules for smuggling in flares? 

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also think they might be searching the wrong age group, that's twice recently i've been asked if i mind being patted down, Ross County and Hearts away, i'm no spring chicken,  are ultras using oldies as mules for smuggling in flares? 

I was in a group of four at Hampden and I was the youngest there at 44. The boy literally patted my inside pocket where the hip-flask was. :lol:

My mates were patted down by two separate stewards and the same result. They were patting down everyone, but clearly they just weren't that arsed. Glad they weren't actually, as it meant I was able to have a few vodka and cokes whilst watching the game. Very civilised, like being abroad or at the rugby or something.

Love the idea of grey-haired flare mules though. Actually, not a bad name for a prog rock band that: The grey-haired Flare Mules.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

Searching folk at the football is outrageous. I don't even think it's acceptable to target youngsters. It's a disgrace all round.

They searched my septuagenarian mother's handbag before the last derby

Bizarrely she had left a pair of secateurs in her pocket and they never found that so she accidentally got away with smuggling a blade into the match