What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 14/04/2023 at 14:45, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

image.thumb.png.1ec9fadaca515bee53a3586964b8d709.png

Sorry if this has been pointed out before.

If these cretins were as 'loyal' and 'royalist' as they claim. they would surely know that the King is no longer 'His Royal Highness' , but 'His Majesty'. 

These things were especially important in the 17th Century, to which they seem to want to return us.

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think that will be the first offering but ICT might accept it as it's over double what they brought to the semi so are they realistically going to need more? I cant see them doing an 'Aberdeen' and asking for more when then don't even sell out their original allocation. The SFA should hold back blocks and if they sell out before a certain time they get more, best way of having a sell out and as split a crowd as possible.

Edited by gannonball

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think that will be the first offering but ICT might accept it as it's over double what they brought to the semi so are they realistically going to need more? I cant see them doing an 'Aberdeen' and asking for more when then don't even sell out their original allocation. The SFA should hold back blocks and if they sell out before a certain time they get more, best way of having a sell out and as split a crowd as possible.

Strange wee dig at us for wanting to maximise our allocation. 

In any case, what happened for our league cup semi is the blueprint here. We got 20k initially, a period of time to sell it (think it was 13k in the end) and then at a cut off date release the rest to rangers. 

Really simple and shouldn’t be controversial at all. 

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Strange wee dig at us for wanting to maximise our allocation. 

In any case, what happened for our league cup semi is the blueprint here. We got 20k initially, a period of time to sell it (think it was 13k in the end) and then at a cut off date release the rest to rangers. 

Really simple and shouldn’t be controversial at all. 

You've seen my posts before? :lol:

I can just remember a statement at wanting more but then looking a bit sheepish* when they didn't sell out their original allocation. But for the blueprint yeah I would start as close to half as realistically possible and have cut off dates for each block closest to the opposition section. Having time restrictions may actually whip up a bit more a fan fare for people to get tickets early. 

*Accidental shite pun.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

They took significantly more to their cup win in 2015.

They should have 50% as a starting point, sold from South and behind the goals (who knows which end they’ll get) a few sections at a time. If there are still a large number of unsold tickets 2/3 weeks before the game, give Celtic the remainder of the North Stand and then part of the stand behind the goals if need be later.

To be given a maximum of 20% of the tickets available, on top of the ludicrous lunchtime kick off, would be an insult to Inverness and certainly removes any notion of it being a neutral venue.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

They took significantly more to their cup win in 2015.

They should have 50% as a starting point, sold from South and behind the goals (who knows which end they’ll get) a few sections at a time. If there are still a large number of unsold tickets 2/3 weeks before the game, give Celtic the remainder of the North Stand and then part of the stand behind the goals if need be later.

To be given a maximum of 20% of the tickets available, on top of the ludicrous lunchtime kick off, would be an insult to Inverness and certainly removes any notion of it being a neutral venue.

Well we know which end they should get, since the majority of their fans will be approaching Hampden from the East side, but as you say, Hampden is a "neutral" venue in name only, so we know they'll be in the West Stand. Not that they get called East and West of course...

56 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If ICT don't sell half the stadium then it should be left empty rather than desperately giving them all to Celtic. Shouldn't be giving teams that advantage in a cup final.

It didn't work for Hibs in the league Cup final against Livi, think Hibs had over 40000 at that final 😂

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

If ICT don't sell half the stadium then it should be left empty rather than desperately giving them all to Celtic. Shouldn't be giving teams that advantage in a cup final.

Are you on the board of Queens Park by any chance?

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

How does the gate money get split, do the SFA take a wedge for it being at Hampden, if so they'll sell the rest of the tickets to Celtic fans.

32 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Didn't Ross County sell around 16,000 tickets for the final in 2010?

Inverness should be able to match that.

I think Inverness would have had about that for their cup win? The difference though they were riding high in the top league and up against a 1st Division team where they had a great chance of winning. Of course they should be afforded that chance of bringing that much again but let's be honest there's glory hunters at every club and I don't they think will have that much now as it's not as attractive now after winning it and way less chance of repeating it to the day trippers.

Edited by gannonball

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think Inverness would have had about that for their cup win? The difference though they were riding high in the top league and up against a 1st Division team where they had a great chance of winning. Of course they should be afforded that chance of bringing that much again but let's be honest there's glory hunters at every club and I don't they think will have that much now as it's not as attractive now after winning it and way less chance of repeating it to the day trippers.

Celtic fan not understanding it being about the occasion.  No surprise tbh.