What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

But is that the be all and end all? 

I'm pretty sure Celtic fans don't see their club as a business. 

As my solicitor friend used to say, they can call it an ornamental pond but it's still a limited company.

What the fans think is utterly irrelevant.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

He explained it several times, whether folk agree with the reasoning behind it or not.

I'm pretty sure it's been posted on here a number of times, with you a part of the conversation.

Aye. It’s been done to death. 

Milne was far too much of a shitebag to ever consider us replacing rangers standing in the game. He said himself he wanted them back to full strength when we were ahead of them in the league. 

it was a terrible decision, whatever the reasoning though. 

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

But what are they not surrendering against? The Troubles are over.

Cyber crime?

Global Warming?

I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they’re big fans of Bradford NWOBHM titans Saxon

But I suspect that the actual answer might not be quite as cool

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I remember seeing a rationale along such lines posted before.

How does it work again as an explanation?

Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers voted against Setanta as it did not seem feasible. All other clubs voted for. Setanta goes bust. Clubs scramble for tv deal.

Aberdeen chose not to go to 10-2 majority or whatever it was Incase similar happened again.

Whether you agreed with the decision or not (I did not) this is why Milne voted the way he did.

2 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

From their game against Hamburg today... and seemingly every other game.

Seriously?

Why on earth is that allowed?  How on earth can the club claim that they're doing everything possible to combat sectarianism?  

It's genuinely sickening.  

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers voted against Setanta as it did not seem feasible. All other clubs voted for. Setanta goes bust. Clubs scramble for tv deal.

Aberdeen chose not to go to 10-2 majority or whatever it was Incase similar happened again.

Whether you agreed with the decision or not (I did not) this is why Milne voted the way he did.

Thanks.

It seems like an absurd logic to apply, when the prize available was to effectively scupper the OF's veto on all decisions.

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Well done Falkirk by far the better team including when you were reduced to 10 men.

should really have won game in 90 minutes bar a wonder strike at the end

All the best for the league 

What a sad sack.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thanks.

It seems like an absurd logic to apply, when the prize available was to effectively scupper the OF's veto on all decisions.

Agreed.

It's not as absurd as thinking Aberdeen thought they were going to establish themselves long time as the second force though.