What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Fair play to him here, you've got to enjoy the good times in football... like when you've first team win in a 4th rate competition against a side who play in the league below u20s.

The East of Scotland (City) Cup is a nice piece of silverware that is older than the Scottish League Cup. 

The Scottish League Cup being that tinpot trophy that East Fife and Raith have won and the Pars have been three times losers in.

40 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The East of Scotland (City) Cup is a nice piece of silverware that is older than the Scottish League Cup. 

The Scottish League Cup being that tinpot trophy that East Fife and Raith have won and the Pars have been three times losers in.

Are you trying to disparage your 4th rate cup and fife teams without acknowledging our 4th rate cup is older than yours?

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Are you trying to disparage your 4th rate cup and fife teams without acknowledging our 4th rate cup is older than yours?

Fair point 

I once saw Shippy beat the Blue Brazil in an all weekend Fife Cup feast of football at East End Park. 

The things we did for summer entertainment as lads. At least we have the internet and computer games now ..

23 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The fact anyone gives any sort of flying f**k about the utterly meaningless, zero worthwhile reward, tinpot League Cup, is completely tinpot.

The rules are simple with the League Cup, it's worthwhile when you're in it but immediately tinpot when you're put out.

44 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

FWIW I would bite your hand off for a league cup win. It’s one of only two trophies us diddies have any chance of winning and I find it wild that anyone would discredit a win at the national stadium in a cup final. Obviously the Scottish Cup is the holy grail but to suggest the league cup isn’t a major honour is utter nonsense IMO. 

Totally this.

Of course winning the League Cup is pointless. Everything in life is pointless.

One day you'll be dead and so will everyone who ever knew of you and it'll be like you never existed and then eventually the world will explode in a ball of fire and absolutely nothing that ever happened will be of any consequence whatsoever.

So, I'm glad Hearts haven't wasted any time winning it in recent decades. Shove it up your arse.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

One day you'll be dead and so will everyone who ever knew of you and it'll be like you never existed and then eventually the world will explode in a ball of fire and absolutely nothing that ever happened will be of any consequence whatsoever.

So, I'm glad Hearts haven't wasted any time winning it. Shove it up your arse.

This is brilliant news......the League Cup final thread will be free from your negative shite.....excellent

39 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

This is brilliant news......the League Cup final thread will be free from your negative shite.....excellent

Talking of the League Cup Final and negative shite, every Dons fan I've ever met whenever the 2014 final is mentioned just says it was the worst game ever and seems to take no joy in the fact that lifted the cup that year.  It's mad, it doesn't matter how you win it - just win it.  Enjoy it!

Good luck against that new club this time.

48 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

So, I'm glad Hearts haven't wasted any time winning it in recent decades. Shove it up your arse.

IMG_4971.thumb.png.30d2e818cf3a9f99aa13692adc37a8a3.pngIMG_4970.jpeg.cf0bb396aaa1574fc42d1fbe035a2b48.jpeg

IMG_4969.thumb.jpeg.c5d7b8088e817262e6b3ca8a4f0d8603.jpeg