What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

A quick Google Lens check suggests that this is Lana Wolf, that Rangers (Only)fan who waddles away from Rangers European games with a clam like a billposters bucket................

If she's not more careful, she'll end up getting a reputation. 

23 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Already got one of the largest budgets in their division and it's only a few weeks ago they were openly talking about a £500K cash injection which would give them reserves beyond the end of the season, while their fans are already contributing monthly as part owners of the club. This sort of emotional blackmail of fans is always ridiculous, but from a club in that position it's especially shameless.

That goes far beyond tin pot.

25 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Already got one of the largest budgets in their division and it's only a few weeks ago they were openly talking about a £500K cash injection which would give them reserves beyond the end of the season, while their fans are already contributing monthly as part owners of the club. This sort of emotional blackmail of fans is always ridiculous, but from a club in that position it's especially shameless.

Offfft that is absolutely outrageous 

37 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Nothing sets a better example to your current squad than begging for money for more players.
Digusten!

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Just to clarify, the player fund has existed for years already so it’s no a new initiative. I doubt we’re the only club to have something like it as well. 

The timing is, however, not ideal (to put it mildly) - particularly in the context of the cost of living crisis. 

22 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Nice touch in trying to play the 'Ye don't like us so ye must be wan o them' card so beloved of Old Firmers. Doesn't work, though; I also call the Sevco manager whose real name I can't remember Plastic Bertrand. And if Daniel O'Donnell and the real Daniel O'Donnell don't buy their sweaters from the same mill shop, my name isn't Gunga Din.

KirkieRR as in Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.

Wonder if they're still having social nights in the Rangers Supporters Club in Kirkintilloch.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

You hush your mouth! 

I get that, but you walk around town and theres lassies, even in those Arsene Wenger numbers, trying to hold it closed with their hands rather than do it up

37 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

The myth of AlL WeAtHeR pItCheS

Never understand posts like this. Nobody with any sense calls them all weather pitches. They are artificial or plastic pitches, but never all weather, however you want to set out your letters.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Never understand posts like this. Nobody with any sense calls them all weather pitches. They are artificial or plastic pitches, but never all weather, however you want to set out your letters.

I'm in agreement that all weather pitches dinnae exist. My point is people buying into the myth is tinpot.

On 27/11/2023 at 16:35, kingjoey said:

Certainly not specific to the SPFL, but this does my head in game after game, season after season. Why is this still in the IFAB Laws of the Game under Law 12.2?

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:

• controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing it

After the Motherwell v Dundee finished, I switched to watch the only other game still playing, Arsenal v Wolves. With Arsenal winning 2-1 into added on time, the Arsenal keeper had the ball in his hands for 23 seconds.