What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 04/12/2023 at 11:12, gannonball said:

Yup outstanding player but utter c**t of a human being. I think he was quoted though that he didn't let his political beliefs known whilst he was at Celtic because he knew it wouldn't go down well. Some of his stories as manager portray him as being a rather unstable person. 

I suspect a lot of your current board do likewise. Albeit probably slightly less unpalatable political views.

On 06/12/2023 at 21:10, HibeeJibee said:

SPFL club facing cash crisis after failing to pay players' wages - with payments before Christmas NOT guaranteed | The Scottish Sun

TOUGH TIMES - Edinburgh City facing cash crisis after failing to pay players' wages

EDINBURGH CITY are facing a cash crisis with the struggling League One outfit unable to pay some of their players - with payments before Christmas NOT guaranteed. It’s believed club chiefs had been expecting a significant level of income in recent weeks. But that money has so far failed to materialise, which has now left gutted directors facing a cash-flow crisis.

It's believed players could leave for free in January. SunSport can reveal a number of the first-team squad - bossed by Scotland B cap Michael McIndoe - are already owed wages. And they have been warned payments are NOT guaranteed before Christmas.

A club spokesperson confirmed: “It is an unfortunate situation but we desperately want to resolve it in the best interests of all concerned. “We are doing everything humanly possible to find a solution as quickly as possible.”

It’s understood chairman John Dickson has made the SPFL aware of the situation.

Are they not quite close to Hibs? Maybe Hibs will do a Duff, Gray and Mercer with them? Dual ownership rules been relaxed recently, I think.

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

I suspect a lot of your current board do likewise. Albeit probably slightly less unpalatable political views.

Agree but tbf I would imagine the majority of board members at football clubs would have that horrible Tory mindset, it's shown even in the way clubs have voted on stuff to purely protect their own interests rather than for the benefit of Scottish football. The most I have probably been disgusted at my board however was when they didn't want to adopt the living wage as they seen it as a political gesture, imagine actually having that outlook on life. In the end they agreed to match but refused to be recognised as a living wage employer.

Edited by gannonball

On 05/12/2023 at 17:49, wellyboot said:

Dundee withdrawing their ballboys with 10 minutes to go when they are ahead.

any team who has a drummer or bugler in the stand

Pyrotechnics…..what’s the point?

Arbroath….just because it’s always fucking freezing

I would pay £1 extra for a bugler at any game.

7 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I meant in business terms. Sure I read about some kind of youth development tie in or something. Obviously quite close geographically. 

They do have some kind of cooperation thing going on
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-to-host-fc-edinburgh-in-december-friendly

Maybe could step in and save Christmas for Edinburgh City

47 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They do have some kind of cooperation thing going on
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibs-to-host-fc-edinburgh-in-december-friendly

Maybe could step in and save Christmas for Edinburgh City

What’s today?” cried Kensel, calling downward to a boy in Sunday clothes.

“Today?” replied the boy. “Why, Christmas Day!”

“It’s Christmas Day!” said Kensel to himself. “I haven’t missed it! The spirits have done it all in one night. Hallo, my fine fellow! Do you know the football club at Meadowbank? And do you know whether they are up for sale?”

“What, the one with the running track?” returned the boy. “It’s still hanging around.”

“Is it!” said Kensel. “Go and buy it! I am in earnest. Go and buy it and come back with the man that I may give them the direction where to take it. I’ll give you a shilling for it. Come back with the man in less than five minutes and I’ll give you half-a-crown!”

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Is that genuine? I'm sure that most, if not all, the Celtic fans on here maintain that is a derogatory/bigoted/sectarian word when describing any Celtic fan.

Nae, not sure of that.  I know/knew many Celtic fans who call themselves that.

I have no idea why it's banned on here or that other word from across the city.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Is that genuine? I'm sure that most, if not all, the Celtic fans on here maintain that is a derogatory/bigoted/sectarian word when describing any Celtic fan.

Definitely genuine, it's the wee stall in Buchanan Galleries if I'm not mistaken? One side Celtic stuff, and the other side Rangers. I walked past the other day and noticed the equivalent Mr Bluenose t-shirt at the other end. As Weegie a 'Yir Da' Xmas gift as you will get.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Ive never known a Celtic fan to claim this? Ive seen it on Celtic scarves and its even referenced in a Celtic song.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Ive never known a Celtic fan to claim this? Ive seen it on Celtic scarves and it’s even referenced in a Celtic song.

I know loads of Celtic fans who call themselves that. Genuinely surprised to hear it is a banned word on here. I also remember Neil Lennon surrounded by Thai children in a video a few years ago. The title given to the group by the Celtic supporters sharing it was “Thai ****”.

17 hours ago, gannonball said:

Agree but tbf I would imagine the majority of board members at football clubs would have that horrible Tory mindset, it's shown even in the way clubs have voted on stuff to purely protect their own interests rather than for the benefit of Scottish football. The most I have probably been disgusted at my board however was when they didn't want to adopt the living wage as they seen it as a political gesture, imagine actually having that outlook on life. In the end they agreed to match but refused to be recognised as a living wage employer.

When you become a company director, you have a legal duty to act in the interests of the company, and hence its shareholders. You political views are irrelevant.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I must have imagined the thousands of Celtic fans singing "I'm no a Billy I'm a Tim ..."

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

When you become a company director, you have a legal duty to act in the interests of the company, and hence its shareholders. You political views are irrelevant.

They are also members of an association they're supposed to act in the interests of.