What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Keep politics out of football being spouted re: rainbow laces by folk who do in fact inject politics into football

It's especially funny when reading the replies from their own fans to the Celtic and Rangers Twitter accounts today.

Two of the most political fanbases around getting upset because they think their club supporting LGBTQ people is political.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not going to delve too deep into this to quantify it, but I think you are WILDLY out of touch with the budgetary constraints, and the need for as many and as diverse as possible income streams, of the smaller fish in the pond. 

Like I said I know it's a significant investment but your getting a fair bit more cash anyway from being promoted so it's not as if they are going to be out of pocket from it. I appreciate it's not ideal for those who may not see themselves as being in the top league long term though. The pros would  outweigh the cons though financially however.

Edited by gannonball

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Like I said I know it's a significant investment but your getting a fair bit more cash anyway from being promoted so it's not as if they are going to be out of pocket from it. I appreciate it's not ideal for those who may not see themselves as being in the top league long term though. The pros would  outweigh the cons though financially however.

But those teams (again il use Falkirk, we just laid ours in summer as a 8 or so year investment in good faith) have to budget, and if they get promoted in May, have to find money to rip up something that cost top dollar, to buy something else that costs top dollar and comes with increased ongoing maintenance/staffing costs, and also results in reduced revenue. 

There are a huge number of clubs by the nature of league football and the spread of money, with the potential be yoyo clubs. Very few can assume year on year Premiership money. These pitches are not only a lifeline to many clubs, but a lightning rod for absolute bullshit opinions like "people get injured more on them" that has been repeatedly shown to be untrue. Yet still we get it, to the point where this budgetary lifeline is to be removed because of the vanity and arrogance of twats like Brendan Rogers and many more. 

There quite simply isn't enough money in Scottish Football to go around, or if there is, we know who's got most of it, and who's fans buses routinely depart their home towns and past the plastic pitches towards Glasgow. 

If our game at the top level is to improve we should not have artificial pitches in our top league. 

I believe the rules in England do not allow for artificial pitches in the top 4 leagues. 

Are there any artificial pitches in the top leagues in England, France, Spain, Germany or Italy? 

If we are to strive to become more competitive as club and country then I personally believe that no artificial pitches should be allowed in our top league.

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

If our game at the top level is to improve we should not have artificial pitches in our top league. 

I believe the rules in England do not allow for artificial pitches in the top 4 leagues. 

Are there any artificial pitches in the top leagues in England, France, Spain, Germany or Italy? 

If we are to strive to become more competitive as club and country then I personally believe that no artificial pitches should be allowed in our top league.

How will playing on the ploughed fields of clubs who can't or won't divert money from the playing budget to keep a bowling green, improve our game, as compared to playing on 4G astro?

Just now, Molotov said:

It was this sort of insecure nonsense that landed us with VAR.

Some teams have artificial surfaces, who honestly gives a f**k?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There quite simply isn't enough money in Scottish Football to go around, or if there is, we know who's got most of it, and who's fans buses routinely depart their home towns and past the plastic pitches towards Glasgow. 

St Mirren are arguably a similar size of club to Falkirk albeit we have had much more success.

We have never had artificial pitches at any of our stadiums. At one stage we had to invest money on maintaining two stadium’s grass pitches with under soil heating when we migrated mid season from Love St. We also had to build another stand to deal with the 10,000 seat rule. 
We have invested in a training facility that has grass and artificial pitches.

If we can do it then so can other clubs. It’s about budgeting and living within your means. 

I honestly would hate it if my club installed an artificial pitch and I think 99% of Saints fans feel the same way. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How will playing on the ploughed fields of clubs who can't or won't divert money from the playing budget to keep a bowling green, improve our game, as compared to playing on 4G astro?

We are talking at the top level? Yeah? If Ross County can play on grass in the top division then so can Falkirk. 
Plus it’s better for the climate and the worms!
Greta told me that she hates Livi, Killie, Raith and Falkirk. She just feels sorry for Morten.

IMG_5534.thumb.webp.5dcff0831e9df3dedd169a1784bcaff7.webp

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

It was this sort of insecure nonsense that landed us with VAR.

Some teams have artificial surfaces, who honestly gives a f**k?

You haven’t even answered the questions I posed. 
It’s people like you that are killing the planet and destroying the beautiful game. 
I’m sure Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson would both agree with my viewpoint.

Football at the highest level should be played on grass. 

IMG_5535.jpeg.b0ce29647407f1f5208a83a078b3b2d5.jpeg

52 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Can you set out the financial benefit of moving to grass pitches for these clubs? 

56 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I watched the Falkirk v Dundee United game recently and the pitch actually looked good and seemed to play well too.

The 2 premiership artificial pitches are god awful though.

53 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I'm nae accountant but just a tiny hunch that those leagues have a lot more money to throw around. Hell if we're getting technical some clubs in those leagues will have hybrid pitches.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can you set out the financial benefit of moving to grass pitches for these clubs? 

I think you have misunderstood me, I was referring to the financial benefit of being promoted would outweigh that of needing to change the pitch even if it was for just a season. The original point I was speaking about was the 10 thousand seater rule which would cost clubs millions which they could never recuperate from one season. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think you have misunderstood me, I was referring to the financial benefit of being promoted would outweigh that of needing to change the pitch even if it was for just a season. The original point I was speaking about was the 10 thousand seater rule which would cost clubs millions which they could never recuperate from one season. 

Ok cool, I’ll stand down. 

Is there a scenario where plastic pitches are banned in the top division but a club who has one gets promoted, has a 3 year grace period to change it but decides not to and takes a forced relegation on the chin as it’s more cost effective! 

41 minutes ago, bennett said:

I watched the Falkirk v Dundee United game recently and the pitch actually looked good and seemed to play well too.

The 2 premiership artificial pitches are god awful though.

The Livingston pitch especially, it looks even worse in the flesh too.