What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, EH75 said:

However if we don't get relegated we don't get the 21st of May so I'll take it. 

You didn't need to spend three years in the Championship to win the Scottish Cup, if anything getting relegated and having to employ a terrible manager like Stubbs made it less likely that you'd win it. A Premiership Hibs with an actual good manager might well have won it twice in that era.

14 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Reported. Sure we used the same background our season ticket campaign that year.

That was the “Terry Butcher’s green and white army”  campaign which would probably have merited at least a dishonourable mention on this thread even if the season had played out unremarkably 

If I’d been in the marketing department I’d have gone for a serious of butcher puns

Hibs will be playing for high stakes, Easter Road is a great stadium and we need you to fillet, meat up with your friends in the lounge in the famous five stand etc…

mind you I’m not actually a marketing expert, as you may have guessed 

anyway by the end of the season Hibs were tripe and Butcher got the chop

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Good try, but the Hibs Relegation Party wins hands, flank, loin, hoof, down

Probably, but if it wasn’t for absolutely corrupt officials (copyright sevco) the game would have ended up a draw as we had a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside when he was well onside.  

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You didn't need to spend three years in the Championship to win the Scottish Cup, if anything getting relegated and having to employ a terrible manager like Stubbs made it less likely that you'd win it. A Premiership Hibs with an actual good manager might well have won it twice in that era.

Still take it any day of the week. 

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

It's right up there for top funniest moments but I think the reason why it doesn't get brought up as much others is because it's Hibs. It's hilarious but not massively surprising at the same time even though they looked safe at the time, it's just very Hibs.

I don't think they looked safe. They were a really bad team and their form was shocking.

This isn't wise after the event stuff. I remember the conversation in the pub before the game. We're usually confident about derbies, but this was general certainty we were going to win, and a real feeling they'd come to regret the fuss they'd made. Anyone who knows the fixture must have had suspicions about how this was going to go. It was deeply unwise of them.

The only stage I thought they were safe was when they won 2-0 at Hamilton.

Who know getting relegated could be so much fun?

25 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Who know getting relegated could be so much fun?

It certainly seems a bit of a giggle for hearts fans, as you did it again in 2020...................

confused jeff bridges GIF

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It certainly seems a bit of a giggle for hearts fans, as you did it again in 2020...................

confused jeff bridges GIF

And have still spent half as much time down there in my lifetime as Hibs.

I'd honestly take a relegation every 5-6 years.

Just now, Leith Green said:

Jack Black Yes GIF

Been over this on here with some other posters. But my experience of the second tier is Hearts absolutely skooshing it twice.

The covid time I more or less ignored it. I think I maybe saw two games. Alloa v Hearts behind closed doors? Hearts v Morton behind closed doors? I've got better things to do.

But the first time down was one of the best seasons I've had watching Hearts. Would not swap for yet another season of Rugby Park, Fir Park, etc etc.

Ideal loop is to get relegated while winning the cup, have Championship and European fitba, then come up and finish third, getting relegated while playing in Europe, and then repeat.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Ideal loop is to get relegated while winning the cup, have Championship and European fitba, then come up and finish third, getting relegated while playing in Europe, and then repeat.

I have to be honest, I didnt miss the awful atmosphere of Rangers and Celtic matches at ER, but on the flip there were some Championship grounds that were pretty crap.

I have no issue with the derbies, as there is rarely any actual "bother". My alternative to yours above is for that pair to f**k off permanently and the rest of us can have a level-ish playing field.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I have to be honest, I didnt miss the awful atmosphere of Rangers and Celtic matches at ER, but on the flip there were some Championship grounds that were pretty crap.

I have no issue with the derbies, as there is rarely any actual "bother". My alternative to yours above is for that pair to f**k off permanently and the rest of us can have a level-ish playing field.

This would be nice.

2014/15 was exquisite. Knowing we'd reversed roles with Rangers as they watched us vanish over the horizon (and we even got a really lucky win against them the way they usually do) was very satisfying. One of these things you need to enjoy as it's not going to happen again.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf to Hibs fans, this was the table at the time. Its not too hard to believe they didnt think they could be relegated, although they were on a run of 1 win in 11.

Screenshot_20240107_074523_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16776e1388d0d7d105771ec52a5fb6fb.jpg

A lot of things can change with 8 games to go.

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This would be nice.

2014/15 was exquisite. Knowing we'd reversed roles with Rangers as they watched us vanish over the horizon (and we even got a really lucky win against them the way they usually do) was very satisfying. One of these things you need to enjoy as it's not going to happen again.

When we went down, I expected to be down there for at least 2 seasons. The club needed a good shake up which resulted in us winning the Scottish Cup then winning the league the following season. Some good days out during that period in the Championship. 

16 hours ago, Leith Green said:

John McGinn joining us (when we were already down) was a real statement of intent. Remember all those Celtic and Diets fan(nie)s who said he (a) wisnae very good (b) wasnt worth £2m (c) would never make it in England?

I remember him being discussed on the radio by Richard Gordon and Co prior to a St Mirren v Aberdeen game, where everyone involved would now deny that the gist of the conversation was "Aye, he looks not bad, but he's not exactly Peter Pawlett". 😂

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

This would be nice.

It was a glorious time. Hearts rodgering Rangers. Motherwell pumping them. Even Hibs beat them 4-0. At one point in January, Aberdeen were 4 points clear in the Premiership. 

It's beyond comprehension that we allowed ourselves to go back to the horrendous 2 club monopoly after that brief glimpse of what could be here. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I remember him being discussed on the radio by Richard Gordon and Co prior to a St Mirren v Aberdeen game, where everyone involved would now deny that the gist of the conversation was "Aye, he looks not bad, but he's not exactly Peter Pawlett". 😂

At the time, they were right.

7 hours ago, tamba_trio said:

It was a glorious time. Hearts rodgering Rangers. Motherwell pumping them. Even Hibs beat them 4-0. At one point in January, Aberdeen were 4 points clear in the Premiership. 

It's beyond comprehension that we allowed ourselves to go back to the horrendous 2 club monopoly after that brief glimpse of what could be here. 

Reported to @Squonk

You're now going to learn all about the wonderful world of Sevco. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Depends when it was. Pawlett was never actually that great other than one purple patch. 

For about four months he was unplayable. Must have been in that time slot.