What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

The best player in the Premiership last season not being good enough to make the Danish squad. That should make Celtic fans re-evaluate where their team is in the scheme of things.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The best player in the Premiership last season not being good enough to make the Danish squad. That should make Celtic fans re-evaluate where their team is in the scheme of things.

Reality doesn't exist in their world. Bunch of Weirdos.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Far be it from me to offer any sort of defence here, but personally I'd rather see the likes of O'Riley in my squad than a Christian Eriksen who is well past his best and probably made about half the amount of appearances O'Riley did this season.

I think the fact that O'Riley's form bombed between December and March has probably cost him, but let's be honest, he probably should've been called up.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Far be it from me to offer any sort of defence here, but personally I'd rather see the likes of O'Riley in my squad than a Christian Eriksen who is well past his best and probably made about half the amount of appearances O'Riley did this season.

I think the fact that O'Riley's form bombed between December and March has probably cost him, but let's be honest, he probably should've been called up.

If someone had come as close to losing their life playing for Scotland as Eriksen did and then three years later was  back playing in the big leagues it would be pretty tough to explain to the Scottish media why you're dropping them in favour of some English born chap who'd had a good season in Denmark

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If someone had come as close to losing their life playing for Scotland as Eriksen did and then three years later was  back playing in the big leagues it would be pretty tough to explain to the Scottish media why you're dropping them in favour of some English born chap who'd had a good season in Denmark

I do appreciate that. But with respect to him, what Eriksen went through should have no bearing on whether he gets selected.

Maybe there is an element of sentimentality, but Eriksen has been pretty rotten for a while now.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I do appreciate that. But with respect to him, what Eriksen went through should have no bearing on whether he gets selected.

Maybe there is an element of sentimentality, but Eriksen has been pretty rotten for a while now.

I see that, but in terms of forging individuals into an actual team that work for each other sentiment is important. 

However, You presumably pay more attention to Celtic than I do so maybe I'm just ill informed on this one 

O’Riley has been called up and has two caps. 

It’s possible the manager has assessed him vs the rest of the squad and decided not to include him. 

Ditching eriksen for him would be pretty silly. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Shankland is ineligible for Denmark I'm pretty sure, not quite sure what that has to do with us tbh.

15 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I see that, but in terms of forging individuals into an actual team that work for each other sentiment is important. 

However, You presumably pay more attention to Celtic than I do so maybe I'm just ill informed on this one 

Yeah, I do appreciate in terms of squad morale and cohesion then Eriksen is a good choice. But if you're looking at players based on form and current ability then I think O'Riley shades it. 

It's probably my overall opinion of Eriksen shining through in all honesty. I thought Pochettino got the best out of him for a two/three season spell at Spurs, but since then I've felt he has declined a lot and been rather average (obviously a lot of that will have to do with his cardiac arrest and missing a lot of football as a result).

39 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, I do appreciate in terms of squad morale and cohesion then Eriksen is a good choice. But if you're looking at players based on form and current ability then I think O'Riley shades it. 

It's probably my overall opinion of Eriksen shining through in all honesty. I thought Pochettino got the best out of him for a two/three season spell at Spurs, but since then I've felt he has declined a lot and been rather average (obviously a lot of that will have to do with his cardiac arrest and missing a lot of football as a result).

With that Man United team it's difficult to distinguish individual failures from collective failure.

Erikson may suit Hjulmand's plans better than Ten Hag's 

Posted (edited)

Why have Denmark got so many Irish players?

Anyway, this for all the kids with a dream, a dream to meet your heroes, to meet your heroes when they are old with long term health conditions and to punch them into unconsciousness 

Edited by invergowrie arab

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Surely the Danish Head Coach is the best person to assess who should and shouldn’t be in the squad ?

I remember similar outrage in the Glasgow media when Kyogo was overlooked for the Japan squad for the Asian Cup.

These highly rated national coaches are unlikely to change their selection based on a furious response from Chris Sutton or Hugh Keevins mate.

Numerous questions from me.

Who is Caz Milligan?

Why do you want to knock out your childhood hero?

Why does Nacho Novo deliver all his lines like he's reading ISIS propaganda in a hostage video?

Where the f**k did they sign the contract, looks like they did in a renovated McDonalds?

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely the Danish Head Coach is the best person to assess who should and shouldn’t be in the squad ?

I remember similar outrage in the Glasgow media when Kyogo was overlooked for the Japan squad for the Asian Cup.

These highly rated national coaches are unlikely to change their selection based on a furious response from Chris Sutton or Hugh Keevins mate.

He certainly is given it's his job. I was just giving my opinion on who I'd rather have in the squad if it was up to me.

My post you replied to though was simply stating that when it comes down to selection, I don't think the fact that Eriksen survived a heart attack should be a factor as to whether he gets selected or not.

I'm not expecting a coach to change their selection based on media reaction. Again, it was just my opinion that O'Riley probably merited a call up. Him being left out certainly doesn't belong in the tin-pot thread anyway, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

He certainly is given it's his job. I was just giving my opinion on who I'd rather have in the squad if it was up to me.

My post you replied to though was simply stating that when it comes down to selection, I don't think the fact that Eriksen survived a heart attack should be a factor as to whether he gets selected or not.

I'm not expecting a coach to change their selection based on media reaction. Again, it was just my opinion that O'Riley probably merited a call up. Him being left out certainly doesn't belong in the tin-pot thread anyway, that's for sure.

I read what the Danish coach said and he’s almost prompting O’Riley to move to a better league and then he’ll become a squad regular.

Will be interesting to see if bigger clubs see this as an opportunity to test if O’Riley want to move to a better league during the window.