What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

Club tops I've seen Aberdeen, Motherwell and Clyde. 

In terms of club songs haven't heard anything. We did sing Karaoke in Cologne after the England game and most songs sung were by a Scottish artist or Scottish linked. Sunshine on Leith was sung and it got the same reception as every other song, positive  

Any Sydney Devine....... :lol:

20 hours ago, AJF said:

I’ve seen a couple of videos circulating from Germany where there’s been Hibs fans on a train singing a Hibs song, and then the P&B twitter account last night posted a video of a big group singing Sunshine on Leith.

This is more of a general point rather than being aimed at Hibs fans, it just so happens those were the videos I stumbled across, but am I alone in thinking while in Germany, singing club affiliated songs has at least a hint of tinpottery?

I fly out on Saturday and I think if I find myself on a plane, train or in a pub surrounded by others wearing Scotland gear but belting out club songs then I’d be cringing a bit.

Go and start singing your club songs out there. Go on.  

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Go and start singing your club songs out there. Go on.  

Nah, I've a reputation of not being tinpot to uphold.

On 17/06/2024 at 23:49, Empty It said:

OF fans are just absolute weirdos

Screenshot_20240617_234701_Chrome.jpg

Even the English think they're weirdos.

On 18/06/2024 at 14:42, AJF said:

I’ve seen a couple of videos circulating from Germany where there’s been Hibs fans on a train singing a Hibs song, and then the P&B twitter account last night posted a video of a big group singing Sunshine on Leith.

This is more of a general point rather than being aimed at Hibs fans, it just so happens those were the videos I stumbled across, but am I alone in thinking while in Germany, singing club affiliated songs has at least a hint of tinpottery?

I fly out on Saturday and I think if I find myself on a plane, train or in a pub surrounded by others wearing Scotland gear but belting out club songs then I’d be cringing a bit.

I was at the Olympiapark fanzone in Munich on Friday and thousands of Scotland fans were singing along to Sunshine on Leith with the old Scottish guy on stage who I assume is a regular TA entertainer.  It's a great song and would be absolutely fine in the Scotland songbook alongside Loch Lomond and 500 Miles IMO. No one was cringing, and interestingly, most of the randoms I chatted to were fans of smaller teams.

I sort of know what you mean about "club songs" but it's worth pausing to think about what SOL is - a wonderful, universal, wistful, anthemic song about love and life which brings a tear to the eye. That's why it works in a Scotland context, even though Hibs sort of own it. A few other tunes belted out at the larger Scottish grounds are just a wee bit less appealing... 

Edited by VictorOnopko

2 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I was at the Olympiapark fanzone in Munich on Friday and thousands of Scotland fans were singing along to Sunshine on Leith with the old Scottish guy on stage who I assume is a regular TA entertainer.  It's a great song and would be absolutely fine in the Scotland songbook alongside Loch Lomond and 500 Miles IMO. No one was cringing, and interestingly, most of the randoms I chatted to were fans of smaller teams.

I sort of know what you mean about "club songs" but it's worth pausing to think about what SOL is - a wonderful, universal, wistful, anthemic song about love and life which brings a tear to the eye. That's why it works in a Scotland context, even though Hibs sort of own it. A few other tunes belted out at the larger Scottish grounds are just a wee bit less appealing... 

Absolutely, totally appreciate that point of few. But the other video I mentioned it was an actual Hibs song being sung, so just wasn’t sure how common that sort of thing has been over there.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

ANNOUNCE KELTY

Wonder how the SFA will bend over (and not necessarily backwards) to accommodate them before Rangers drop stupid points then try to sue everybody anyway? 

There are 3 big venues in Scotland able to accommodate the large Gers support. 

Hampden, which Celtic borrowed in the 1990s, but QP are there at the moment (although they can be told to Foxtrot Oscar to Lesser)

Murrayfield. 

And there's another stadium in East Glasgow whose name escapes me... 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

James McGrory Park?

Edited by GNU_Linux

On 19/06/2024 at 19:22, AJF said:

Absolutely, totally appreciate that point of few. But the other video I mentioned it was an actual Hibs song being sung, so just wasn’t sure how common that sort of thing has been over there.

Jesus, do you not know when to keep your head down? A Rangers supporter, pointing out questionable songs is a bit rich.

Rangers say "there will be an impact on matches at Ibrox" at the start of next season after "a delay in a materials shipment from Asia".

I always thought those Temu prices  looked suspicious 

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Jesus, do you not know when to keep your head down? A Rangers supporter, pointing out questionable songs is a bit rich.

Extremely weak correlation there, mate.

Prime example of playing the man rather than the ball. Rather than actually comment on the point I made it’s a case of “you can’t have that opinion because of the team you support” 😂

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Extremely weak correlation there, mate.

Prime example of playing the man rather than the ball. Rather than actually comment on the point I made it’s a case of “you can’t have that opinion because of the team you support” 😂

We'll agree to disagree then.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There are 3 big venues in Scotland able to accommodate the large Gers support. 

Hampden, which Celtic borrowed in the 1990s, but QP are there at the moment (although they can be told to Foxtrot Oscar to Lesser)

Murrayfield. 

Hampden is out of action until September after the concert season. I think Queens Park are back at Lesser for a couple of games at the start of next season as a result.

I'd imagine they'll play at Murrayfield unless the Autumn Internationals get in the way?

Ooh, the locals will love that.

I'm more surprised that this wasn't expected. Are they not building out a cantilever section from the front of the upper tier? I work in construction and the idea this would be completed in about 10 weeks is wild (possibly even tinpot).