What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 18/06/2024 at 13:09, Wile E Coyote said:

Their supporter's club is named after John Greig, a proud Scottish International who captained Scotland in that famous victory in 1967 and these clowns are cheering on England

John Greig should sue ....

38 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Autumn internationals start in November so this delay would have to escalate quite dramatically 

Hearts were constructing an entire stand the project didn't run smooth and we played Kilmarnock at Murrayfield on 5th of November

This is a smaller job so Rangers would have to screw it up far worse for that to be an issue

I think the main issue with Murrayfield would be Edinburgh starting at Dam Health on 13th September

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Ooh, the locals will love that.

I'm more surprised that this wasn't expected. Are they not building out a cantilever section from the front of the upper tier? I work in construction and the idea this would be completed in about 10 weeks is wild (possibly even tinpot).

I thought they had no money 💰 ?

On 18/06/2024 at 13:56, tamthebam said:

outwith the knuckledraggers I bet the decent England supporters (of which there are some) are as embarassed by these guys as we are

Given that they'll be representative of the the most moronic of their support, I commend them on finding another country to cheer on rather than Scotland. That it's England fans that they'll slabber all over to demonstrate what big fans they are is a big bonus.

They should play their home games in Norn Ireland, its what the real Rangers fans would want.

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think the main issue with Murrayfield would be Edinburgh starting at Dam Health on 13th September

That's a Friday night though

Edinburgh do have Saturday 17:15 games on the 12th(Stormers) and 19th(Cardiff)

But Rangers could still presumably play on Sundays

The more sensible alternative might be just to tell season ticket holders in the affected part of the stand that they can't go to the first few games

That will piss a few people off a lot, but dragging everyone through to Edinburgh would annoy a lot of people a little

The SRU is skint so any opportunity to make some money will be grabbed with both hands.

If they do end up playing at Murrayfield I just hope that one of the games will be against Hearts, just for the seethe that would come from them.

35 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

The SRU is skint so any opportunity to make some money will be grabbed with both hands.

If they do end up playing at Murrayfield I just hope that one of the games will be against Hearts, just for the seethe that would come from them.

Great idea 

I’ve always thought the big problem with hearts away games is that you have to leave Edinburgh to go to them

41 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Why would the SRU be seething about Hearts at Murrayfield?

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The more sensible alternative might be just to tell season ticket holders in the affected part of the stand that they can't go to the first few games

The photo I saw on Facebook would suggest that would mean closing the whole stand. The back section of the lower tier where the vomitories are and the lower third of the upper tier where the access is was just concrete shells and building works. I doubt you could get people in and out of that whole stand.

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Had to Google what Dam Health is. Can't believe a company is paying money to put their name to that monstrosity of mid 19th century design.

On 21/06/2024 at 12:22, RiffRaff said:

Hmmm.. I wonder what they charge. Asking for a wee team that currently play in shite stadium in Edinburgh that everyone hates.. 

On 21/06/2024 at 13:02, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Great idea 

I’ve always thought the big problem with hearts away games is that you have to leave Edinburgh to go to them

Ah, the old "is Easter Road in Leith or Edinburgh" question! 

On 21/06/2024 at 12:36, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's a Friday night though

Edinburgh do have Saturday 17:15 games on the 12th(Stormers) and 19th(Cardiff)

But Rangers could still presumably play on Sundays

That will piss a few people off a lot, but dragging everyone through to Edinburgh would annoy a lot of people a little

Given that the goalmouth area of the pitch at the Copland Road end is being used for crane access then I don’t think it will be possible to host games at Ibrox until the works are complete.

On 20/06/2024 at 23:43, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hampden is out of action until September after the concert season. I think Queens Park are back at Lesser for a couple of games at the start of next season as a result.

I'd imagine they'll play at Murrayfield unless the Autumn Internationals get in the way?

I take it they'd have to check Hearts home games don't clash with Sevco's too.