Dunfermline V League Leaders

What utter shite you spout

Your own goalkeeper who was on by sport said they were never pens as did every pundit on bt you muppet two dives from McManus.

You might of had the same team from last time you played us but we fucking didn’t 2 of the most notable changes is Magennis and harry Davis back from long term injuries who make a huge difference to our side.

If they weren't pens, why wasn't he booked? Referee obviously wasn't sure. I saw them live at the game and in our package and both angles (I had a better angle than our keeper for both) they were fouls all day, and all night long. Makes no difference as you got the three points, but you find yourself unable to accept it. Instead we're having a player castigated as a diver when he wasn't. I don't need pundits to tell me what I can see for myself and make my mind up about. Where is this BT footage?

We released a fantastic player, Hopkirk, who could create goals out of nothing as he did in the 3-0, I think that made more of a difference than the two changes you're wittering on about tbf.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they weren't pens, why wasn't he booked? Referee obviously wasn't sure. I saw them live at the game and in our package and both angles (I had a better angle than our keeper for both) they were fouls all day, and all night long. Makes no difference as you got the three points, but you find yourself unable to accept it. Instead we're having a player castigated as a diver when he wasn't. I don't need pundits to tell me what I can see for myself and make my mind up about. Where is this BT footage?

We released a fantastic player, Hopkirk, who could create goals out of nothing as he did in the 3-0, I think that made more of a difference than the two changes you're wittering on about tbf.

It was Sean Murdoch you tit he was one of the pundits on bt.

You released a fantastic player that could of won you that game easily [emoji106] point proven you talk utter shite

23 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

You just scraped a win with 12 men and now we’re bottom half fodder, awa and haw a word wi yersel.

Wake up and smell the coffee !

QoS, Morton and ICT will finish ahead of DAFC this season. Maybe a resurgent Falkirk as well.

Expect to be 7th or 8th in April.

DAFC are Championship bottom feeders and will be relegation contenders next season unless they ditch AJ.

I don't know what's worse, BAWT claiming Cammy Smith's goal was a sclaff and both penalty claims were stonewallers or St. Mirren fans claiming we should go for a fucking clown shoes centre half like M'Voto. 

'He wins everything in the air',  one look at the first goal against Raith towards the tail end of last season in the 5-0 game will tell you that's patently not the case. He's an accident waiting to happen. 

I'll take someone who can actually read a game exceptionally well like Harry Davis and someone who is learning to do the simple stuff well like Jack Baird every day of the week, thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wake up and smell the coffee !

QoS, Morton and ICT will finish ahead of DAFC this season. Maybe a resurgent Falkirk as well.

Expect to be 7th or 8th in April.

DAFC are Championship bottom feeders and will be relegation contenders next season unless they ditch AJ.

Telling us to sack our manager? Bottom feeders? 

Oh ye have a short memory....

When you beat us 1-0 in Paisley we were the best team to visit this season apparently according to some of your fans, now we're relegation contenders after a tight game where you got all the decisions and a soft opening goal? Make your mind up.

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

When you beat us 1-0 in Paisley we were the best team to visit this season apparently according to some of your fans, now we're relegation contenders after a tight game where you got all the decisions and a soft opening goal? Make your mind up.

My mind is totally made up. DAFC certainly weren't the best team to visit Paisley this season, Livvy in the league cup were the only visiting team to have impressed me.

DAFC began this season strongly but yer knickers are round yer ankles now.

7th or 8th. 

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Here is the bottom line. You have under performancd with one of the biggest budgets in the league not by a small margin but by a huge margin you should be up there your not. That is the bottom line you are push poor can' keep up with a poor Saints team. Your making a c**t of yourself.  Thanks for three easy points and giving us a wonder goal though critic's said it was marvellous. 

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

P&B sees plenty of ridiculous posts (I should know, I’ve made plenty myself over the years) however  to be posting such nonsense 24 hours after the game is quite special.

On 1/26/2018 at 21:51, Grant228 said:

You know, with the corners and stuff, the ball went out the field of play. 

With the play being in stoppage time due to stoppages in play I find it bizarre that the ref blew for full time bang on 93 minutes when the stoppage time was full of well, stoppages. 

Outwith us getting another set piece I doubt we would have scored but it was another decision by Beaton on a night where I thought he got plenty wrong. 

If you stopped the clock for every time the ball went out of play, you'd play +100 minutes in every game.

Not read whole thread yet but people that slaughter Gavin Reilly for having a bad game really don't understand or have never played football. Just because he didn't score, doesn't mean he had a bad game. He is an absolute nightmare for a defender to play against. Plenty of his work goes unnoticed by people that don't know the game. He's a pest. Never gives a defender a single moment where he's not aware of his presence. A long ball into the corner that would normally be easy for a defender to stroll back and retrieve the ball and play a simple pass out from the back, Reilly is chasing that ball and putting the defender under pressure and forcing him into a quick pass or sticking the ball out for a Saints throw in. It seems far to easy to say "Reilly is shit. He done nothing.", but in reality, he's created multiple chances through his running and harassing of defenders, or even just making a run into the wing and creating space for Cammy/Lewis/Kyle to run into.

Not been on since the game and my pre-game confidence was utterly misplaced. Going to believe Morton will hammer us this weekend and hope that the theme of my predictions being hopeless continues.

I didn't think we played well enough on Friday. We were very flat throughout; we lacked energy, a spark and any sort of pace in midfield. We were very pedestrian as, while at times we can move it nicely enough in the middle of the park, there was no sudden change of pace from middle to front. We hardly laid a glove on Saints throughout, but especially in the opening 45, and that was disappointing.

I didn't think either keeper had much to do - quite like the game at theirs in December - but, when Saints got the ball and broke forward, they did it at pace and looked like they could create something. The lad Smith was excellent and, from their point of view, the first goal is very good but from ours, where was the tracking runner? It was a bit too easy in the way we were cut open.

Getting the goal back at the start of the second half should've then given us some sort of impetus but it all fell flat again. I've not seen any footage since (I tend not to when we get beat because, you know, I'm huffy that way) but the second goal was poor as well. Credit to them for a well-worked routine but where on earth the markers were I've no idea.

The only signs that we might get a sniff at goal was something off a knockdown from big Jean (who was good for us again IMO) but that was it. I'd have had Aird on earlier as he at least is direct and has pace, but I felt like we didn't do ourselves justice.

St Mirren are obviously a good side - you don't move double figures points clear if you're not - but they didn't have to be spectacular on Friday. Indeed, if we'd had a bit more about us, we might've got something from it.

We badly need someone legs in midfield to give support to the forwards. I thought McManus, as usual, was our main threat but Clark for me worked really hard as well and took his goal well. But we're not creating enough and until we start doing more in the final third, I'd worry about the likes of ICT, Morton and Queens behind us in trying to get a play-off spot.

Kudos to the good St Mirren support who travelled on Friday night too. 

27 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

Not been on since the game and my pre-game confidence was utterly misplaced. Going to believe Morton will hammer us this weekend and hope that the theme of my predictions being hopeless continues.

I didn't think we played well enough on Friday. We were very flat throughout; we lacked energy, a spark and any sort of pace in midfield. We were very pedestrian as, while at times we can move it nicely enough in the middle of the park, there was no sudden change of pace from middle to front. We hardly laid a glove on Saints throughout, but especially in the opening 45, and that was disappointing.

I didn't think either keeper had much to do - quite like the game at theirs in December - but, when Saints got the ball and broke forward, they did it at pace and looked like they could create something. The lad Smith was excellent and, from their point of view, the first goal is very good but from ours, where was the tracking runner? It was a bit too easy in the way we were cut open.

Getting the goal back at the start of the second half should've then given us some sort of impetus but it all fell flat again. I've not seen any footage since (I tend not to when we get beat because, you know, I'm huffy that way) but the second goal was poor as well. Credit to them for a well-worked routine but where on earth the markers were I've no idea.

The only signs that we might get a sniff at goal was something off a knockdown from big Jean (who was good for us again IMO) but that was it. I'd have had Aird on earlier as he at least is direct and has pace, but I felt like we didn't do ourselves justice.

St Mirren are obviously a good side - you don't move double figures points clear if you're not - but they didn't have to be spectacular on Friday. Indeed, if we'd had a bit more about us, we might've got something from it.

We badly need someone legs in midfield to give support to the forwards. I thought McManus, as usual, was our main threat but Clark for me worked really hard as well and took his goal well. But we're not creating enough and until we start doing more in the final third, I'd worry about the likes of ICT, Morton and Queens behind us in trying to get a play-off spot.

Good honest post.  How long have you got the lad Jean contracted for ? 

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Good honest post.  How long have you got the lad Jean contracted for ? 

We've got him until the summer. He was rocky in the first league game at Livingston - giving away a penalty late on that Murdoch saved - and has had to wait for a chance due to Morris and Ashcroft being first picks.

To be fair to him, since he's been in the team, he's not really put a foot wrong (though you could maybe argue he could've got closer to Jai Quitongo for Morton's winner in the cup) and is very dominant in the air. He looks to defend first and foremost, which is a good thing. Certainly deserves to keep his place on current form and is doing for us what we saw in the first couple of derbies against Raith last season when he was with them.

1 hour ago, Larbert_Par said:

Booooo! Where's the bit about how you should have had loads of penalties and how the ref should have played an extra half hour because of throw ins? Poor show.

10 hours ago, TQM said:

Not read whole thread yet but people that slaughter Gavin Reilly for having a bad game really don't understand or have never played football. Just because he didn't score, doesn't mean he had a bad game. He is an absolute nightmare for a defender to play against. Plenty of his work goes unnoticed by people that don't know the game. He's a pest. Never gives a defender a single moment where he's not aware of his presence. A long ball into the corner that would normally be easy for a defender to stroll back and retrieve the ball and play a simple pass out from the back, Reilly is chasing that ball and putting the defender under pressure and forcing him into a quick pass or sticking the ball out for a Saints throw in. It seems far to easy to say "Reilly is shit. He done nothing.", but in reality, he's created multiple chances through his running and harassing of defenders, or even just making a run into the wing and creating space for Cammy/Lewis/Kyle to run into.

Ah, someone else grasping at straws join the club brother. 

Gavin Reilly played shite on Friday. 

Archived