Dunfermline V League Leaders

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Got to say I thought this Grant lad was being super salty because he had seen his (her?) team lose, but now it just seems this is his default mode.

I'm not salty, St Mirren fans are just a bit needy it seems. Considering your team is running away the title I'm not sure why some posters crave validation from forum posts, just chill out and enjoy the next few months eh? Occasionally your team won't actually play that well and even the leagues second top goalscorer has off days, pointing that out doesn't make anyone salty. 

I did have an absolute mare with the stoppage time but then likewise calling Nat a "big coloured chap" and claiming that McGinn definitely, unequivocally won the ball was miles aff aswell. 

It's been a great thread, solid 8/10, would do again. 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Magic....the ironic 'wheeey' as they thought the ball was drifting harmlessly out of play, the 'Paisley c***s, wankers' in their shitey wee Fife accents and the wee laddie giving the finger in the general direction of the action. 

Plooky wee dicks. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

..but then likewise calling Nat a "big coloured chap"

I've already commented on that. It's language that's not overtly racist but most definitely is something we should be avoiding.

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not salty...

Yeah, you have. That said, it's an open forum, fill your boots.

43 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not salty, St Mirren fans are just a bit needy it seems. Considering your team is running away the title I'm not sure why some posters crave validation from forum posts, just chill out and enjoy the next few months eh? Occasionally your team won't actually play that well and even the leagues second top goalscorer has off days, pointing that out doesn't make anyone salty. 

I did have an absolute mare with the stoppage time but then likewise calling Nat a "big coloured chap" and claiming that McGinn definitely, unequivocally won the ball was miles aff aswell. 

It's been a great thread, solid 8/10, would do again. 

Robin Hood movie was on channel 5 today where Morgan Freeman playing Robin Hoods protector was referd to as the colourd one. Just returned from Cape town where black people refer to Indian Asian people as coloured. Have heard many times people from the kingdm of Fife are a strange lot never quite understood it up until now. Now i have apologised  will learn but have to say I fully understand what is meant by political correct daftees.  But keep this nonsense on the table because you can' handle getting beat by a much better team. 

Don't be daft. Yesterday was only his 5th or 6th start for us. He's strong and good in the air but probe to comedy howlers as Raith and Brechin fans will let you know.
Anyway, just watched the highlights. First goal is nice. Great movement and passing. For our goal you have to ask just what the f**k the keeper was up to. The winner was a big deflection but poor concentration and defending from us to let him get the shot away.
It will take a catastrophically hilarious collapse from St Mirren to not win the league now. Play off spots could go to almost any teams save Brechin, Dumbarton and Falkirk.
The race to the play off spot is extremely close. I thought there were only 2 places up for grabs as Saints and United would be a stick on for the top two. Now I'm not so sure

I felt this match was similar to last weekend's Scottish Cup tie against Morton. There wasn't very much in in but we were punished defensively. 

I thought we'd started the match brightly and settled better but then St Mirren score with almost their first foray forward. 

Don't get me wrong, it was good play and a neat finish by Cammy Smith but it was poorly defended by us. 

We seemed to do OK after that, we battled away and had a few near things without troubling Samson. 

Again, similarly to last week, we came out strong at the start of the second half and got a decent equaliser from Clark. I thought we could've went on after this and been in the ascendancy. 

Unfortunately, a bit of inventiveness gave the Buddies the win. I thought Magennis was good all evening and he fooled everyone to pick out Baird to score the winner. 

Really poor defeneing by us but credit to St Mirren for taking advantage and being clinical. 

Despite putting on Aird and Ryan and pushing M'Voto up front, we just couldn't find that elusive equaliser. In the end, I think the Paisley side just shaded proceedings and probably deserved the win. 

Either way, they've ground out another 3 points and I can't see beyond them for the title now. 

I thought Morgan was quiet on the evening alongside Reilly and Smith who didn't cause us too many problems defensively I thought, however, Magennis was a thorn in the side all night while McGinn ran the show in the middle. Davis was solid all night too and it is credit to Jack Ross for making important subs like Gary MacKenzie to man-mark M'Voto late on to seal the win. 

Not a terrible performance by the Pars but a lack of creativity cost us in the end, I felt. McManus worked hard again and Clark put in a good shift too. Hopefully Shiels is OK for Saturday after his head knock but I think Paton will be out for a bit with his groin. Vital we get 2 or 3 in before the deadline on Wednesday, IMO, to get us over the line and into the playoffs this season. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Ah, someone else grasping at straws join the club brother. 

Gavin Reilly played shite on Friday. 

What am I meant to be "grasping at straws" about?

47 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Robin Hood movie was on channel 5 today where Morgan Freeman playing Robin Hoods protector was referd to as the colourd one. Just returned from Cape town where black people refer to Indian Asian people as coloured. Have heard many times people from the kingdm of Fife are a strange lot never quite understood it up until now. Now i have apologised  will learn but have to say I fully understand what is meant by political correct daftees.  But keep this nonsense on the table because you can' handle getting beat by a much better team. 

This is beyond parody. 

Your own fans are pointing out how wrong, and potentially offensive your language is, trying to pass it off bizarrely as people from Fife being strange because we've moved on from the 1970s is a lovely little compliment though, thank you. 

I doubt you have any idea what a "politically correct daftees" is considering you already apologised, presumably after looking up the term and realising what a c**t you have made of it. 

Best of all though, trying to justify your offensive language as OK because South Africans, and a movie based in the 12th used the word really helps whatever point it is your trying to make... 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

You do know the phrase, "stop digging"? I get that you have apologised, but continuing to justify the situation you are apologising for suggests you really haven't apologised at all.

Is Grant being salty? Yes, yes he is. Are you straying into the "I can't be racist, I've got black friends" territory? Yes, equally so.

The advice, if I may be so bold to offer it, would be to "stop digging".

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

To be fair, an early 90s representation of the fictional middle ages and claiming that it's OK in fucking South Africa of all places are hardly mitigating defences. 

To echo the above. You accepted what was said was unfortunate and a result of not knowing rather than malicious. All have accepted it was not deliberately racist and you apologised for it. That's fair enough. There's no point, though, in revisiting it to try and put a spin on it that it's other people's problem rather than a genuine and honest bad choice of words. Think it should be left at that, bud. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, an early 90s representation of the fictional middle ages and claiming that it's OK in fucking South Africa of all places are hardly mitigating defences. 

To echo the above. You accepted what was said was unfortunate and a result of not knowing rather than malicious. All have accepted it was not deliberately racist and you apologised for it. That's fair enough. There's no point, though, in revisiting it to try and put a spin on it that it's other people's problem rather than a genuine and honest bad choice of words. Think it should be left at that, bud. 

For the record if you look further back I apologized. Today I spoke to a lot of people on this subject as I was feeling quite bad being called a racist here am I having worked in Nigeria, Gabon , Congo , Angola , South Africa  where I had teams of locals I always teat people colour religion the way I would want to be treated  I am not racist no where near it. Yet I'm hammered for it now I won' call anyone coloured after this thread but deep down you are all  OTT  in my book political correctness nuts. One of my best mates girlfriend living in Glasgow is African origin not white ( that' obvious racist in your book ) called her today she laughed about this story she said calmly Ian some white people try too hard. That' fine by me but when you don' know someone' name and refer them to a colour only to be told your racist is disappointing as I am with you to be honest. Fact is I would love to debate this by being reported for being racist which I'm not. Mr Angry. 

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

For the record if you look further back I apologized. Today I spoke to a lot of people on this subject as I was feeling quite bad being called a racist here am I having worked in Nigeria, Gabon , Congo , Angola , South Africa  where I had teams of locals I always teat people colour religion the way I would want to be treated  I am not racist no where near it. Yet I'm hammered for it now I won' call anyone coloured after this thread but deep down you are all  OTT  in my book political correctness nuts. One of my best mates girlfriend living in Glasgow is African origin not white ( that' obvious racist in your book ) called her today she laughed about this story she said calmly Ian some white people try too hard. That' fine by me but when you don' know someone' name and refer them to a colour only to be told your racist is disappointing as I am with you to be honest. Fact is I would love to debate this by being reported for being racist which I'm not. Mr Angry. 

Yes. I know you did. I pointed this out in the post you quoted that you apologised and I gave you credit for doing so instead of entrenching yourself, which you hadn't at that point. 

No one is calling you racist. Everyone has accepted there was no malice in the comments. 

Everything else, I'm not going to go into. Folk are trying to give you a wee bit of friendly advice like just learn from it (which you have) forget about it and move on - least said soonest mended and all that, but for some reason you're overthinking it and persisting with comments of being reported when no-one has even suggested that they're offended or wanting to report it. 

Archived