Cable Endies v The Binos

Agree most of what's said above  but the very strong wind played a big part in the game with neither team managing to capitalise when kicking with the wind. This is a disadvantage of an  artificial pitch as the ball just gathers pace as soon as it bounces. Both teams played better against the wind - which is why it was 'a game of two halves.'

Binos unlucky to get nothing from the game, cracking goal from Darren Smith, but it's goals that count and hell, we've said the same thing quite a few times.

Credit to the Binos and their fans - a very decent football club.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to the Binos and their fans - a very decent football club.

In all honesty I have that same respect for your club and supporters. Always find Montrose a welcoming place to visit, have huge respect for Stewart Petrie and always find myself speaking to a pleasant supporter(s)at some point in the day. Glad to see you doing so well this season.

That aside, strange question but my 7 year old son asked me to find out. Why does your club shop sell Celtic, Barca tops etc etc?

I could be wrong but I believe that our little club shop in town closed a while ago and stock from 'The Dugout' was all moved into the shop at Links Park. 

They understandably couldn't survive in town just selling Montrose stuff, so sold old replica kits too.

Quality 3 points yesterday after a poor first half,Some strike from the lad to make it 1-0.Kevin moon looks a good bit of business for albion thought he played well.
Second half Montrose played a lot better Cj was good and caused their defence a bit of problems with his pace same with the new lad Rennie thought he did okay aswell.Good to see Terry Masson back in the middle of the park think we have missed him the last couple of weeks.
Huge game now in peterhead next week.

20 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Laugh of the season for me was just before Half Time. A few “men” in suits made their way to the stand, to presumingly head to the hospitality for their Half Time refreshments only for them to stop next to the stand side linesman. Something happened (couldn’t see what because they were blocking my view) only for the biggest, fattest, 60’s throw back looking “man” to start a tyrant of abuse towards the linesman, making an complete t*t of himself. I could of sworn he was having a heart attack.....eeeeeeejit.

Hello, biggest, fattest 60's throwback man here. I'm thinking it was a "tirade" of abuse to the linesman and that we were "presumably" heading for hospitality.

Anyway, if you didn't know what was happening, why comment? Just to let you know, I was questioning, in a forthright manner, why Ewan McNeill required treatment from the physio after crumpling to the ground after getting tackled by no-one, nothing at all to do with the linesman. My manner was obviously triggered by extreme frustration at the abject Montrose performance in the first half. Mr McNeill shouted something back, which you curiously never mentioned. I never heard what he said, but was later informed that he called me a "big fat w*nker", which I thought was highly amusing. Just as I got to the stairs to go back into hospitality, Mr. McNeill was approaching the tunnel. I said to him something along the lines of " Aye, and you'll know about being a w*nker". As he got level with me he looked up and said " Big man, you shout at me and I'll shout back ". We then shook hands and I said fair play to him. The whole thing was defused.

Then up pops Captain Outraged. However, thanks for your concern about having a heart attack.............EEEEEEEEEEEJIT!

40 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Looks like a clear dive from the highlights 

No chance, clearly contact with the Montrose player, gets his legs tangled when he turns inside Montrose player. 

There is contact but not all contact is a penalty - that's clearly a tangle of legs rather than anything deliberate. No pen, right call from the man in black.

Archived