Cowdenbeath vs Berwick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malcolm starting left back????

Malone looks terrible - how Muirhead never got a look in beggars belief.

3 or 4 wouldn’t get a game on a Sunday.

Another bad day at office . We made them look good.

McGurn kept us in it with 2 cracking 1st half saves.

Their 2nd was an absolute cracker.

Great result. Just fantastic to see 2 new recruits getting on the scoresheet. Well done Robbie and the management team for great work in the window. Nice to see 2 lads from the development squad getting a run out too. Looking forward to popping down Tuesday night, hopefully do well against The Blue Toun.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:

Great result. Just fantastic to see 2 new recruits getting on the scoresheet. Well done Robbie and the management team for great work in the window. Nice to see 2 lads from the development squad getting a run out too. Looking forward to popping down Tuesday night, hopefully do well against The Blue Toun.

Have to hand it to Thomson. MOM no doubt.

That was a 1/1000 missile of a goal and his cross for their third was begging to be put away.

That is the difference generally.

We dont have anyone who can hit a ball like that since Pat and Harvey plays those balls into the box quite often but nobody can finish them.

5 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Malcolm starting left back????

Malone looks terrible - how Muirhead never got a look in beggars belief.

3 or 4 wouldn’t get a game on a Sunday.

Another bad day at office . We made them look good.

McGurn kept us in it with 2 cracking 1st half saves.

Their 2nd was an absolute cracker.

Absolutely this.

Blair Malcolm has been excellent in midfield since coming in so why move him to left back where Swann has been playing well.

The Malone signing is baffling. Couldn't get a game for Linlithgow, Bollan didn't play him at Forfar and yet he is the man to lead us to survival...

Thomson's goal was a great hit. Berwick did what we should have been doing with the wind behind us and shooting on sight. Sometimes it pays off.

At times it seemed that all the players hadn’t played in Conditions like yesterday. Goal kicks into the wind still had the striker sat on the edge of the circle which was bizarre to witness.

Better team won, better team by far and for the bookies to offer 5/2 on the DT at half time was puzzling and to good to pass up on.

Our two new recruits were superb and we wanted that yesterday which was the main difference.

1 hour ago, tescodave said:

At times it seemed that all the players hadn’t played in Conditions like yesterday. Goal kicks into the wind still had the striker sat on the edge of the circle which was bizarre to witness.

Better team won, better team by far and for the bookies to offer 5/2 on the DT at half time was puzzling and to good to pass up on.

Our two new recruits were superb and we wanted that yesterday which was the main difference.

Yes, Berwick looked like they could score every time they attacked. Our defence was really poor. 

What a day that was. Bizarre to watch a Cowden goal kick barely clearing the 18 yard box. But whilst they wasted their time with the wind on their side, we took full advantage. Thommo's goal was an absolute thunderb*****d. Part of me doesn't even want to see it in highlights again, simply because I remember it as one of the best goals I've seen scored live and I don't think they'll do it justice. What a fucking hit.

Good result for the 'Gers and some outrageous tracks, too. Who needed Willo anyway

6 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

What a day that was. Bizarre to watch a Cowden goal kick barely clearing the 18 yard box. But whilst they wasted their time with the wind on their side, we took full advantage. Thommo's goal was an absolute thunderb*****d. Part of me doesn't even want to see it in highlights again, simply because I remember it as one of the best goals I've seen scored live and I don't think they'll do it justice. What a fucking hit.

Good result for the 'Gers and some outrageous tracks, too. Who needed Willo anyway

You should be all right on that score don't think the game was filled so you can keep your memories:lol:

Your bang on Berwick and Thomson in particular done in the 2nd half what we should have done in the 1st.

In all my years watching Cowden I have yet to see one of our teams actually using the wind to our benefit. We look in control for one half when in actual fact it's the strong wind keeping the other team back. Then the other team destroy us when they have the wind behind them.

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

In all my years watching Cowden I have yet to see one of our teams actually using the wind to our benefit. We look in control for one half when in actual fact it's the strong wind keeping the other team back. Then the other team destroy us when they have the wind behind them.

Best windy day I can remember was up at Arbroath in 1985 around the August or September:lol: we won 5-0  and scored 4 of the goals I think playing into the wind!

After several frustrating results on the bounce, really pleased to read all this about the dream team. 3 regulars missing too!

Especially chuffed for Robbie Horn's missus who will be enjoying her weekend for a change.

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Most games I see neither team play very well with the wind behind them.   Yesterday we were more dominant possession wise  against the wind though Berwick could get behind the ball and hit us on the counter.   

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Best windy day I can remember was up at Arbroath in 1985 around the August or September:lol: we won 5-0  and scored 4 of the goals I think playing into the wind!

I have to admit, we always seem to do better against the wind than with it.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not quite as good as that - we were 2-0 up at half time against the wind - Colin McGlashan with both.  Then in second half McGlashan go hat trick, Kenny Ward scored and Young scored an own goal when Arbroath keeper's punch out of a cross saw the ball just go up in the air when it came down Young tried to punt it clear and again it went up in the air and blew back over everyone's head into the net.  The other good game at Arbroath was the 3-0 win when Mark Yardley was playing.  Don't think Arbroath got past halfway in the second half and that was the one where Barry McMahon was sheltering behind another player at half way for the second half and almost ended up with hypothermia. 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not quite as good as that - we were 2-0 up at half time against the wind - Colin McGlashan with both.  Then in second half McGlashan go hat trick, Kenny Ward scored and Young scored an own goal when Arbroath keeper's punch out of a cross saw the ball just go up in the air when it came down Young tried to punt it clear and again it went up in the air and blew back over everyone's head into the net.  The other good game at Arbroath was the 3-0 win when Mark Yardley was playing.  Don't think Arbroath got past halfway in the second half and that was the one where Barry McMahon was sheltering behind another player at half way for the second half and almost ended up with hypothermia. 

I thought we were further ahead in the 5-0 one. The  3-0 one was even worse weather wise than yesterday I remember the flag pole on the side of the stand snapped:lol: I think most of the players had to cut their bootlaces off after the game as they were that wet

My match report here.

I thought Berwick deserved to win the game. I felt Cowdenbeath were poor throughout and never really looked like scoring. 

I thought Malcolm was Cowdenbeath's best outfield player without being great. You can see he has raw talent and potential though. 

Berwick were good. See held the ball up well and had 2 good chances which McGurn saved prior to his goal. 

The best player on the park by a mile was Thomson though. He was creative, influential and scored a beauty of a goal. 

It looks inevitable Cowden will finish bottom now IMO unless Bollan can find a miracle. The team don't see much better than when I saw them under Brown. But that could well be down to confidence alone. 

Berwick, for the first time I've saw them under Horn, looked decent. Solid defensively - albeit not much to actually defend. Midfield looked OK with O'Kane and Petkov battling away. The front 4 if you like were very good though and if they keep playing like that, they should pick up a lot more points between now and May. 

I'll post post-match interviews over next couple of days. :)

29 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

My match report here.

I thought Berwick deserved to win the game. I felt Cowdenbeath were poor throughout and never really looked like scoring. 

I thought Malcolm was Cowdenbeath's best outfield player without being great. You can see he has raw talent and potential though. 

Berwick were good. See held the ball up well and had 2 good chances which McGurn saved prior to his goal. 

The best player on the park by a mile was Thomson though. He was creative, influential and scored a beauty of a goal. 

It looks inevitable Cowden will finish bottom now IMO unless Bollan can find a miracle. The team don't see much better than when I saw them under Brown. But that could well be down to confidence alone. 

Berwick, for the first time I've saw them under Horn, looked decent. Solid defensively - albeit not much to actually defend. Midfield looked OK with O'Kane and Petkov battling away. The front 4 if you like were very good though and if they keep playing like that, they should pick up a lot more points between now and May. 

I'll post post-match interviews over next couple of days. :)

Most if not all teams think they look good against us, it’s not really something to put in the CV.

Archived