The Binos vThe Blue Brazil

On Wednesday night we face bottom club Cowdenbeath at Forthbank in a rearranged fixture. On paper this is a game we should win but you never know. If we do win that will move us up to 4th spot in the League ahead of Elgin on goal difference, whom we face at home a few days later so its an important couple of days for us. 

Team wise I expect us to be along the same lines as Saturday, unless Dave MacKay can get some new faces in before then. 

Prediction Albion 2 Cowdenbeath 0        

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rhliston said:

On Wednesday night we face bottom club Cowdenbeath at Forthbank in a rearranged fixture. On paper this is a game we should win but you never know. If we do win that will move us up to 4th spot in the League ahead of Elgin on goal difference, whom we face at home a few days later so its an important couple of days for us. 

Team wise I expect us to be along the same lines as Saturday, unless Dave MacKay can get some new faces in before then. 

Prediction Albion 2 Cowdenbeath 0        

Binos 2  Blue Brazil  3 (Red Cards)

A midweek game at Forthbank- Binos trying to keep pace with the league leaders and Cowdenbeath at the moment looking like, well, this

toast.png.b9ec441bb8da493fc6f9a64d26f6711b.png

It all points to only one conclusion- a sclaffed goal in the 94th minute to keep the Blue Brazil hopes alive..

2 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Any chance of floodlight failure ?

Sorry to disappoint you but unlikely unless Stirling Council haven't paid their electricity bill. So I'm afraid you have to turn up and hope for the best like the rest of us. 

36 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

When was the last time we actually beat Cowden at home? Was it the season we won the League?

Interesting question - 27/03/10 apparently.  Michael Mullen the goalscorer late on in the game. In fact the last 3 victories for Stirling over us at Forthbank have all been 1-0 wins.

Amazingly the last 6 matches between the 2 sides have been won by the away side....

Interesting question - 27/03/10 apparently.  Michael Mullen the goalscorer late on in the game. In fact the last 3 victories for Stirling over us at Forthbank have all been 1-0 wins.
Amazingly the last 6 matches between the 2 sides have been won by the away side....

I thought that. f**k me thats a dismal record.

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

As is tradition on a Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath thread.....

You can never tire of watching that, the afternoon is summed up by the Stirling 7 just lying on the ground at the end of the game, what a bloody day that was I can remember saying when Mini scored his 1st that's a great consolation goal:lol: little did we know what was going to happen.

You can also seem Bob Malcolm in the film making his Cowden debut, he got injured the following midweek in a 2-0 home defeat from Dundee and that was the end of his Cowden career.

Archived