The Big 4

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It became a UEFA sanctioned tournament when it became the UEFA Cup. That's why the name changed.

It was always sanctioned by UEFA. The name changed at the same time as the only one club from one City,town rule was abolished. As a matter of interest who did you think sanctioned it?

Wrong thread, I know but it could help Bob get things into perspective.
So, Rangers were basically Elvis,
 in the olden days they were both incredibly successful and adored by a large chunk of the population.
Then success faded , they were playing to smaller crowds and on a downward spiral.
Then the opportunity to resurrect their glory days came along,
Elvis with the 68 comeback special
Rangers with the 88 comeback special, when David Murray took over after failing to secure his “Big Team”
Both Elvis and Rangers enjoyed a spell of recovered success but neither could keep it up.
Elvis turned to drink and drugs, Rangers turned to EBT’s, Financial doping and insurmountable debt.
Both died !
Then there were attempts to resurrect both of them again in a new guise.
The Rangers are basically the football version of Shakin Stevens.  
At least Shaky had a few ok tunes

Guest Moomintroll
It was always sanctioned by UEFA. The name changed at the same time as the only one club from one City,town rule was abolished. As a matter of interest who did you think sanctioned it?
It was sanctioned by Sir Stanley Rous amongst other FIFA officials at the start, UEFA didnt sanction it until the trade fair rule was abolished and it became the UEFA Cup. If anything it was a rival to the European Cup at the beginning albeit a flawed one given the composite nature of the teams.

Guest Moomintroll
Kilmarnock [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Dindeloux [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Worst town in Europe and a wee ginger VL 
Please f**k off out of this thread Pepp.

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

The one city one club rule was absolished as early as 1961/62. Hearts and Hibs both participated that year, as did Barcelona and Espanyol and Inter and AC Milan. It didn't come under the auspices of UEFA until a decade later.

The UEFA website doesn't consider the tournament to have started until 1971/72, and the trophies are not listed as honours for any of the clubs who won it prior to that.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, JJ Fae The YY said:
Kilmarnock emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png
Dindeloux emoji38.pngemoji38.pngemoji38.png

Please f**k off out of this thread Pepp.

Please, I don't have spaghetti hoops on my pjs. I'm sure you're based in another land so I'll choose my words carefully.

You are a grade A nonce of the Eric Cullen variety 

Guest Moomintroll
Please, I don't have spaghetti hoops on my pjs. I'm sure you're based in another land so I'll choose my words carefully.
Yep thats 100% Pepp, if you've never been a nonce how would you know champ.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, JJ Fae The YY said:

Yep thats 100% Pepp, if you've never been a nonce how would you know champ.

#TBIDIOT

Kilmarnock :lol::lol::lol:
Dindeloux :lol::lol::lol:

You’ve made a few references to my hair colour which makes me think you know me.

I hope you do, because the references you’ve made would indicate you are quite jealous of me. I wouldn’t blame you for that.

16 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You’ve made a few references to my hair colour which makes me think you know me.

I hope you do, because the references you’ve made would indicate you are quite jealous of me. I wouldn’t blame you for that.

I have and I do. You fucking orange (haired and tongued) w**k.