The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Still seems to be much the same though?

To inspect the pipe requires an intelligent Pig sent down the pipe. Can you explain how a helicopter could have spotted the Netherley crack? 

2 hours ago, fatshaft said:

Still seems to be much the same though?

To inspect the pipe requires an intelligent Pig sent down the pipe. Can you explain how a helicopter could have spotted the Netherley crack? 

I’m not a pipeline engineer. I made the point that pipelines do get faults. This all stems from me posting that helicopters fly the pipeline, certainly from Kirkton of Skene northwards.

You stated that they didn’t. I’ll try and get a picture of  one when they start. And before you get deflected again, they aren’t crew change helicopters out for a test flight.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Spelling error

4 hours ago, RiG said:

It's a public consultation, it's literally the whole point of the process to allow interested parties and members of the public to scrutinise the documents and submit comments to the local authority if they wish to do so before the application is determined.

I am aware of the planning process.  My point was that even if not one single person raised any questions over the business benefits being suggested in the AGCC report then it still falls on the council to verify the veracity of any submitted documents and not accept them as unbiased submissions.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I’m not a pipeline engineer. I made the point that pipelines do get faults. This all stems from me posting that helicopters fly the pipeline, certainly from Kirkton of Skene northwards.

You stated that they didn’t. I’ll try and get a picture of  one when they start. And before you get deflected again, they aren’t crew change helicopters out for a test flight.

No, lets be clear here, you scoffed at my pointing out that "pipelines" was again brought up by NKS, this time (although I didn't state it) it was indeed because of the crack at Netherley. Last time it was about terrorists. 

You had stated "Stewarty, of course pipelines never suffer cracking do they? ", well yes, once in a blue moon, but why is that a reason to not build the stadium? Both Shell & BP have given it the green light. You're more upset about something that is highly unlikely to ever happen, than the fact our current ground is costing hundreds of thousands every year to keep even in it's current run down state. 

From there you went off on a tangent about frequent helicopter flights flown to inspect the pipeline. You appear to still be sticking to that line, even though it's utter pish, four times a year Ineos stick a pig up the pipe to inspect it, an overflown helicopter "inspection" would show you diddly squat.

Anyway, to sum up, you've gone from backing up one of the latest ridiculous WANKS arguments against the stadium, to telling everyone that AirWolf is in charge of inspecting the pipeline. It's not relevant to this topic, but thanks for your input. At least we all get a good laugh. 

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

No, lets be clear here, you scoffed at my pointing out that "pipelines" was again brought up by NKS, this time (although I didn't state it) it was indeed because of the crack at Netherley. Last time it was about terrorists. 

You had stated "Stewarty, of course pipelines never suffer cracking do they? ", well yes, once in a blue moon, but why is that a reason to not build the stadium? Both Shell & BP have given it the green light. You're more upset about something that is highly unlikely to ever happen, than the fact our current ground is costing hundreds of thousands every year to keep even in it's current run down state. 

From there you went off on a tangent about frequent helicopter flights flown to inspect the pipeline. You appear to still be sticking to that line, even though it's utter pish, four times a year Ineos stick a pig up the pipe to inspect it, an overflown helicopter "inspection" would show you diddly squat.

Anyway, to sum up, you've gone from backing up one of the latest ridiculous WANKS arguments against the stadium, to telling everyone that AirWolf is in charge of inspecting the pipeline. It's not relevant to this topic, but thanks for your input. At least we all get a good laugh. 

OK Stewarty. I’ll still post an image of the next flight I see.

And just to keep your heart rate down, I’m not at all against a new stadium just where you want it located. Although I still think doing something (not building your flats) with Pittodrie would be my choice.

It’s time for your hot chocolate now, off you toddle.

44 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

oh ffs, who cares if there are helicopter flights? They are not inspecting for damage, which was your point, your secondary point that the WANKS had valid worries about the pipeline is laughable, but I guess you know better than Shell eh? 

Where would you have it and why would your location be better? Many of the objectors have been asked this, not one has an answer, just that Kingsford is the wrong location. So, please do tell? (and not Pittodrie, that's off the table as repeatedly explained)

And finally, only a total retard thinks Wiggy wants Pittodrie for flats, when Loriston was initially going through, who didn't bid? Yup, Wiggy, because he's not permitted to. So wise up eh? 

How about Garlogie, there’s lots of open space there. You could walk to games.

16 hours ago, fatshaft said:

oh ffs, who cares if there are helicopter flights? They are not inspecting for damage, which was your point, your secondary point that the WANKS had valid worries about the pipeline is laughable, but I guess you know better than Shell eh? 

You are aware that T in the Park got moved from Balado because of its close proximity to a pipeline?  A festival which attracted 85000 a day and brought in millions to the local economy binned because a H &S inspector decided the 1 in however many million risk of something happening was too great.

You are aware that T in the Park got moved from Balado because of its close proximity to a pipeline?  A festival which attracted 85000 a day and brought in millions to the local economy binned because a H &S inspector decided the 1 in however many million risk of something happening was too great.
There was way more to Balado getting punted as a venue for TITP than the pipeline, 'twas used as a suitable excuse though.

Are we building the new stadium at Balado now? Is it the new last chance if-we-don't-build-it-there-we're-all-doomed-doomed-I-tells-ya location?

nb for those of a literal disposition the above is sarcasm or possibly satirical and not to be taken seriously

2 minutes ago, Bell™ said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but will these helicopters take away fans to the new ground as well or is it only for season-ticket holders?

I take it you're after the contract.

Was going to write a massive spiel but, arsed getting into long arguments with members of the bullshit online world of fantasists pushing the move. Pittodrie is great. It works for Aberdeen and its fans. 

Nobody in the real world wants to do any of the stuff that going to a game in Westhill would involve.

That's about it.

Oh, and that 'architect's plan of Pittodrie is incredible. New main 398. New Merkland 1904 (220 less than the Accies away end). Take it he doesn't work for Populous. 

Milne needs to depart for us to get any truth. St Mirren's 8k stadium £8m. Three sides 6k at Pittodrie £50m. OK M8

On 12/13/2017 at 21:42, Dunty said:

Its not even close to being a good stadium never mind great.

It's a great old stadium full of traditions. You can sit or stand where you want and get the experience, view, toilet and pie queue that you choose. It's lacking modern dressing rooms, dugouts and media facilities. We could build a new stand at some point in the last or next 20 years to solve that. 

On 12/15/2017 at 13:32, Bell™ said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but will these helicopters take away fans to the new ground as well or is it only for season-ticket holders?

nah, the away fans come in through a pipe

Had a go at working out the contested capacity conundrum using the scaled plans of Pittodrie and Hearts new stand.

The Dick Donald and Merkland stands are fine and the Champions League level maximum recommended size pitch and track of 120x80m added.

K7pYMv1.jpg

16,884 for those 3 stands and if you got 6 rows of seating in a new stand on the other side that would be over 18,000. Lots of space opened up on the south side and the Merkland corner for fans to queue, mill about or evacuate and the necessary space for vehicles. 

Must be a much cheaper option too.