The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

I don't agree with this move and I still can't see how 20000 fans are going to make their way to kingsford and back again without transport issues. Is the plan really just to put on buses?
What about the hundreds/thousands of fans who walk to the game 5/10 minutes before kick off.
My concern is once the novelty wears off the attendances will go down. Hope they come up with something and I'm proved wrong though as the training facilities are long overdue...

Cautious optimism.

I’m far from convinced but it’s good to see a decision being made. Pittodrie has had its day unfortunately. Not to mention actual training facilities should be a huge boost.

But by f**k Aberdeen don’t get this wrong. The repercussions could be disastrous. Listen to the support, listen to the concerns of those who are against this (aye supporters, nae the NIMBY’s) and address them.

Do not expect folk just to turn up because it’s shiny and new or out of obligation.

Over to you dons...

2 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

I don't agree with this move and I still can't see how 20000 fans are going to make their way to kingsford and back again without transport issues. Is the plan really just to put on buses?
What about the hundreds/thousands of fans who walk to the game 5/10 minutes before kick off.
My concern is once the novelty wears off the attendances will go down. Hope they come up with something and I'm proved wrong though as the training facilities are long overdue...

The club estimated that just shy of 6,000 would be using shuttle buses. Apparently half your support are believed to drive to games so the other 4,000 would likely be getting to the ground by other means (taxi, local bus, cycling etc). Assuming a 20,000 crowd that is.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cautious optimism.

I’m far from convinced but it’s good to see a decision being made. Pittodrie has had its day unfortunately. Not to mention actual training facilities should be a huge boost.

But by f**k Aberdeen don’t get this wrong. The repercussions could be disastrous. Listen to the support, listen to the concerns of those who are against this (aye supporters, nae the NIMBY’s) and address them.

Do not expect folk just to turn up because it’s shiny and new or out of obligation.

Over to you dons...

f**k that.

You voted for a Hard Kingsford and you're getting a Hard Kingsford.

It's the will of the people!

Fair play, I'm not convinced it's a good move and as an away fan who would normally drive up and leave the wife at the shops then go for tea after meeting up at half five it's unlikely that I'll be at the new ground even if the Pars get promoted or are drawn there in the cup. It's a shame to lose a good away day but if it's done right and they can sort out the transport issues then it might well work out ok in the long run.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the appeal goes.  I genuinely struggle to see how they'll get 15000 people to and from the ground without causing too much disruption.  I live just off Lang Stracht and I'm already dreading how busy it'll be on a Saturday.

Exciting times though as I really like the design of the stadium and having training facilities finally is great for the club. 

Stewart Milne  https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/dons-chairman-stewart-milne-welcomes-councils-decision-on-kingsford-stadium-plan/

He said: “After 17 years, we are one step closer to a new home that will allow us to meet our vision and ambition for Aberdeen Football Club, our city and our region.

“Together, we can deliver a first-class facility that will make us all proud, unlocking the potential of the Club, the Trust and the next generation of football stars and making a positive contribution to the local economy.

“We applaud the Councillors for taking this decision in the face of considerable objections. We are fully aware of and sympathetic to those in Westhill and Kingswells who have objected to our plans and I want to reassure them once more that we want to engage with them to deliver community facilities they can all enjoy and benefit from.

“I’d like to sincerely thank all those who have supported our plans and the AURORA campaign: our fans, businesses, community groups, sports organisations and individuals.

“I’d also like to pay tribute to our team of advisers and experts who have worked professionally, effectively and tirelessly for almost two years on this application.

“The next steps are to await final approval from the Scottish Government, agree the section 75, work through the conditions with the Council, and secure the necessary road and building warrant consents. Assuming these move at pace, we should be in a position to begin construction of phase one this summer.”

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Stewart Milne  https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/dons-chairman-stewart-milne-welcomes-councils-decision-on-kingsford-stadium-plan/

He said: “After 17 years, a truly boring meeting and a fucking Boulton meltdown!"

Edited by Dons_1988

To all those rejoicing, I'll say this;

Nearly everyone admits that Stewart Milne is responsible for the lack of redevelopment at Pittodrie over the last three decades. He had numerous chances to purchase land behind the Merkland and South Stands and refused to do so.

Rather than driving this incompetent idiot out of your club for this, you have instead rewarded him with the chance to move your club 7 miles from the city centre, to a place with staggeringly poor transport links, in the name of supposed growth and modernity. 

It's a sad day for Aberdeen Football Club, as has tried to be explained repeatedly, this is irreversible, if you get to Kingsford in a few seasons time and realise (much like West Ham have with the Olympic Stadium) that it is no good for football, there's no going back. Pittodrie will be flats. And a huge part of your club's heritage and identity will have died, only to be replaced by this white elephant of a stadium

Just now, Hibernia said:

Nearly everyone admits that Stewart Milne is responsible for the lack of redevelopment at Pittodrie over the last three decades. He had numerous chances to purchase land behind the Merkland and South Stands and refused to do so.

Rather than driving this incompetent idiot out of your club for this, you have instead rewarded him with the chance to move your club 7 miles from the city centre, to a place with staggeringly poor transport links, in the name of supposed growth and modernity. 

It's a sad day for Aberdeen Football Club, as has tried to be explained repeatedly, this is irreversible, if you get to Kingsford in a few seasons time and realise (much like West Ham have with the Olympic Stadium) that it is no good for football, there's no going back. Pittodrie will be flats. And a huge part of your club's heritage and identity will have died, only to be replaced by this white elephant of a stadium

Whilst you might not be wrong, it's absolutely nothing like West Ham.

That was a stadium built for Olympics that should never, ever have been turned into a football stadium.

2 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

petrie.jpg

horrifiedface-500x375.jpg

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whilst you might not be wrong, it's absolutely nothing like West Ham.

That was a stadium built for Olympics that should never, ever have been turned into a football stadium.

I'm only using West Ham as a "be careful for what you wish for" example.

I accept Kingsford will be an ok football stadium, although it's already seeming to have to compromise on the gradients of stands etc.

It wouldn't shock me if Milne ending up settling on the cheapest option. It would be the final nail in the world's most incompetent coffin that is his chairmanship of Aberdeen FC