The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

12 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

Where I will acknowledge that you have used the word 'Almost' I still feel I have to point out to you that had Geoff Brown not come in and Saints not made the move to McDiarmid we would 'almost' certainly be deid going on 25 plus years by now! That or floating around the lower leagues with a ramshackle stadium just managing to survive year on year.  So suffice to say when you consider all of the above and add to that our most successful period in history as a club, I'd say great success was exactly what was achieved by moving  to a modern, all-seater stadium.

Aye but if that stadium was in Methven(6 miles outside Perth) would it still be the same? I think not.

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As has been repeated by pro Kingsford people until they are blue in the face - if anyone has viable alternative locations for a new Aberdeen stadium, I’m all ears 

Kingsford is by no means ideal, but f**k me, it’s 6 miles from Union Street

Kings Links, potentially. Pittodrie redevelopment has not been considered in nearly enough depth yet either

1 minute ago, Hibernia said:

Kings Links, potentially. Pittodrie redevelopment has not been considered in nearly enough depth yet either

The Kings Links is a golf course though, there would be costs involved in the purchase of the land etc that AFC just couldn't afford. 

Finance would be a massive issue for Pittodrie redevelopment. 

Matthew 7:24-27

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

God says you're an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

How much of the previous work the club did on looking at the Kings Links have you looked at??

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Aberdeen FC's plans to build a new £50m stadium have been backed by council planners, STV News understands.

Just got the tory/labour/hate football council coalition vote to go then,

I like this quote;

The Dons want to replace Pittodrie with a 20,000-seat ground and training academy on the other side of the city at Kingsford, Westhill.

The 'other side of the city' actually being a place miles outside of the city.

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

As has been repeated by pro Kingsford people until they are blue in the face - if anyone has viable alternative locations for a new Aberdeen stadium, I’m all ears 

Kingsford is by no means ideal, but f**k me, it’s 6 miles from Union Street

I think the vast majority of Dons fans who are pro-Kingsford are simply realists who realise it really is our only option. I'm sure we'd all prefer to stay at Pittodrie, but we can't, and Kingsford is the only other option.

4 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

For the sake of you having to actually read this/any other thread instead of just repeating arguments that have no merit:

1. King's Links is not for sale.

2. Pittodrie cannot be redeveloped without drastically cutting capacity.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I like this quote;

The Dons want to replace Pittodrie with a 20,000-seat ground and training academy on the other side of the city at Kingsford, Westhill.

The 'other side of the city' actually being a place miles outside of the city.

Actually it is fully within the city boundary to the far west, and given Pittodrie is nearly as far east as one can go in Aberdeen, "the other side of the city" is axiomatic.

5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I think the vast majority of Dons fans who are pro-Kingsford are simply realists who realise it really is our only option. I'm sure we'd all prefer to stay at Pittodrie, but we can't, and Kingsford is the only other option.

For the sake of you having to actually read this/any other thread instead of just repeating arguments that have no merit:

1. King's Links is not for sale.

2. Pittodrie cannot be redeveloped without drastically cutting capacity.

It is not your only option, it is a cheap, quick-fix option presented by Milne, who is desperate to turn Pittodrie into flats as soon as he possibly can.

It is shameful that so many Aberdeen fans are willing to lay down and let a huge part of their club's heritage die, I feel for those fighting it. Kingsford is irreversible, it will be a Coventry-style disaster for your club. I should be revelling in that given the fact that Hibs could challenge Aberdeen as a result, but I won't.

I am a resident of this city and I care far too much about the proud history of Scottish football to stand by. I went to Pittodrie on Saturday to watch the St Mirren game, a spur of the moment decision, after I'd woke up at 11am. That just won't be possible at Kingsford

3 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

It is not your only option, it is a cheap, quick-fix option presented by Milne, who is desperate to turn Pittodrie into flats as soon as he possibly can.

It is shameful that so many Aberdeen fans are willing to lay down and let a huge part of their club's heritage die, I feel for those fighting it. Kingsford is irreversible, it will be a Coventry-style disaster for your club. I should be revelling in that given the fact that Hibs could challenge Aberdeen as a result, but I won't.

I am a resident of this city and I care far too much about the proud history of Scottish football to stand by. I went to Pittodrie on Saturday to watch the St Mirren game, a spur of the moment decision, after I'd woke up at 11am. That just won't be possible at Kingsford

I really wish you would stop going on about Coventry. It's not even close to comparable with Aberdeen moving to Kingsford.

6 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

This explains what happened at Coventry quite well. I think you're being pretty disingenuous with your point.

Main focus:

Most notoriously of all, SISU managed to bungle their way out of Coventry playing in their own home. The company that ran the Ricoh Arena was joint-owned between Coventry Council and the Alan Higgs trust, but there was a plan in place for SISU to buy half of it then eventually do a deal for the rest of the shares. But instead SISU apparently tried to play the council and the Higgs trust off against each other, withholding rent and taking the stadium company to court. Even though the club had an offer from a fan to pay the rent at the Ricoh for them, which they turned down. This has led to years of court cases, Wasps rugby team taking control of the stadium, and Coventry briefly moving to Northampton. The court cases are still rumbling on.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I really wish you would stop going on about Coventry. It's not even close to comparable with Aberdeen moving to Kingsford.

It is strikingly similar. This from a very good article that highlights just how awful Milne has been in all this

https://www.nokingsfordstadium.org.uk/2016/08/12/aberdeen-fc-and-the-new-stadium-a-history-of-propaganda-myth-and-failure/

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 15.41.53.png

It is strikingly similar. This from a very good article that highlights just how awful Milne has been in all this

https://www.nokingsfordstadium.org.uk/2016/08/12/aberdeen-fc-and-the-new-stadium-a-history-of-propaganda-myth-and-failure/

When Scotland bid for Euro 2008, a stadium was planned in Dundee. By the very same logic, I am just going to claim that by remaining at the current ground, this caused Dundee to go into administration twice.

5 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

Well no. That just says that Highfield Road and Pittodrie has some very loose connections and then Coventry went into Administration in 2013.

It's gives absolutely no explanation into how Coventry were run as a football club or why Aberdeen would end up in exactly the same situation (probably because they won't) 

Edited by PB1994

14 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

If moving to Kingsford means an Aberdeen fan who lives in Kingswells can wake up at 11am and go to a 12:15 game on a spur of the moment decision while a Hibs fan in the city centre can't, then I say get it built tbh.

Luckily for you though, the vast majority of games are at 3pm so anytime you wake at 11am and decide you want to go along to a game you should be able to get there in time. Just don't though.

26 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

The Kings Links is a golf course though, there would be costs involved in the purchase of the land etc that AFC just couldn't afford. 

Finance would be a massive issue for Pittodrie redevelopment. 

Surprisingly insightful for someone that isn't a shareholder or on the board. ;)

I don't think Kings Links itself is the issue, rather that the driving range is leased and the leaseholder has indicated that they are not willing to void it for AFC's benefit.  There was certainly a report about 10 years ago that stated that Kings Links had a viable business case.