Regan Resigns

Rugster

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would personally like to see the head of the SFA having to be elected, the candidates would run on what they want to change and all season ticket holders in Scotland get a chance to vote for the best candidate. If they are crap, at least they would only have a 5 year term and would be responsible to the fans and not the blazers. 

Celtic have 52,000 Season ticket holders. Thats more than the bottom 37 clubs combined. Add in Rangers 35,000 and they outweigh; Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. So effectively, you’ve just handed over control to them pair.

Brilliant idea that.

14 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

This is the perfect time.

If all those issues got settled then the next person could just blame Regan for it all going tits up.

The new victim wont make much difference, they need someone who is better at PR though.

It was probably discussed at the time, but why the f**k did a 4 year stint as head of a cricket club qualify Regan for this position? I get that a Chief Exec will be someone business-minded and ideally have a background in sport, but some diddy cricket club turning over a couple of milion a year FFS :lol:

45 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It was probably discussed at the time, but why the f**k did a 4 year stint as head of a cricket club qualify Regan for this position? I get that a Chief Exec will be someone business-minded and ideally have a background in sport, but some diddy cricket club turning over a couple of milion a year FFS :lol:

Before YCC he worked for Bass & Coors on OF's Carling shirt deals etc. and had previous connections with Peter Lawwell.

Starting to get the feeling that Regan may have had a run in with some of the board members a while back and he chucked his toys waiting to be sacked / pushed.
Fired strachan on his best run.
Said no to ibrox and parkhead.
Fucked about interviewing MON, then after the meeting MON says no.
Sends the players round the world and end of season.
Tells malky to bolt on the pitch at pittodrie in front of the cameras.
No sponsorship deal on the table.

I wonder what his severance payment would have been.

55 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Before YCC he worked for Bass & Coors on OF's Carling shirt deals etc. and had previous connections with Peter Lawwell.

I didn't know there was such a clear cut connection. I thought he had been selected for his willingness to comply with whatever shite Lawwell came up with.

I think it was more like:

Arranged friendlies.

Lawwell pissed off because of Celtic’s qualifiers

Lawwell attacks Regan in the press

Regan sticks up two fingers by rejecting Parkhead/Ibrox bid

Cheerio.

No coincidence this happened the day after OF stadiums rules out, expect a “revised offer” incoming.

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I didn't know there was such a clear cut connection. I thought he had been selected for his willingness to comply with whatever shite Lawwell came up with.

Regan and Doncaster were hand picked by lawwell/old firm as they were people promoted way past their abilities grateful for the role and pay packet who they knew would be 100% malleable and simply do their bidding.  There's nothing more obvious, everything they've done and everything that has happened since is confirmation.  From day one both have been wildly out of their depth.

44 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Regan and Doncaster were hand picked by lawwell/old firm as they were people promoted way past their abilities grateful for the role and pay packet who they knew would be 100% malleable and simply do their bidding.  There's nothing more obvious, everything they've done and everything that has happened since is confirmation.  From day one both have been wildly out of their depth.

I knew they were chosen for that "quality". There is nothing more obvious, but I didn't know Lawwell and Reagan had a joint history. 

Should have been considered untenable after his “Armageddon” speech and punted. 
No doubt Celtic are planning a minutes applause/silence in recognition of this difficult time.

You mention the Armageddon speech then Celtic despite us voting against Sevco being allowed further up the leagues,a bit thick really.

Archived