Partick Thistle v Rangers 6/2/18

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

In at least one humiliating defeat for life’s losers, a couple of wee *** neds  were walking behind me on Maryhill Road - one of them runs up and nicks my scarf, and as I chase him he stupidly runs onto the road.

BOOM - the stupid wee *** is scudded by a passing car. He makes his way to the pavement bowled over in pain (though seemingly intact); I pick up my scarf and laugh hysterically.

A very unique breed of idiots.

That's better than even Magees phone catching fable.....

53 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

That diddy that called Cummings bog standard should stop watching football. He was immense tonight. Not spectacular, but he's clearly been told to play a certain way. It's the mark of a quality footballer to follow instructions, even if those instructions are dubious. It is worrying that we've barely created a clear chance for him in over 200 minutes of football.

Cummings will be starring  for Scotland in a future world cup while that rat griffiths will be on twitter talking about Rangers in 5 years. Do not ever compare them again.

But more importantly did Murty give Archibald a cuddle after the game? 

Usual shitebaggery in the end from us. Thought we were great in the first half, particularly the first 15 minutes. Edwards was ragdolling Martin who was struggling to cope with his energy. Sammon was also excellent, with a few lovely touches, and seemed right up for it.

Poor first goal to concede from our point of view, but was well worked. Storey was never going to offer Penrice a lot of protection, and as we’ve seen before, he has a tendency to get pulled out of position. The Rangers seemed to try to capitalise on that and that’s where the goal comes from. I was convinced that Edwards was onside, until I didn’t see any Thistle players protest it at all, but seeing it again, I thought he was on. Crazy decision. Sammon’s shot goes in instead of hitting the post and it’s a completely different game, since we go in at the break in the ascendancy.

It’s as if that sent our heads down and from the moment the second half started, we just did not look interested at all. Spittal was the worst player on the park and it was no surprise Archie took him off. It’s just that Erskine was equally as pish when he replaced him.

Cargill was probably my MOTM again and looks solid as f**k. Managed to sort a couple of Danny Devine f**k-ups as well. Thought Jason Holt had a good game for the The Rangers, but Cummings was hilariously shite. His wee swagger is cute as well.

Didn’t even want to win this game anyway. Glad Archie is focussing more on our inevitable cup run, which will continue on Saturday...

Even with your still i am not convinced either way and have always said if it is as close as that the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacker. That said Wes makes little effort as the whistle has obviously gone.

There was no foul on the Thistle Keeper when he fumbled the ball at Cummings feet and left Murphy with an open goal. Referees always err on the side of caution when it comes to Keepers though and they usually get the  decision.

There was no foul on the Thistle Keeper when he fumbled the ball at Cummings feet and left Murphy with an open goal. Referees always err on the side of caution when it comes to Keepers though and they usually get the  decision.

That was about as clear a foul as you’ll see. Cummings was never getting to that ball, and left a foot in to catch Cerny.

31 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

That was about as clear a foul as you’ll see. Cummings was never getting to that ball, and left a foot in to catch Cerny.

No he absolutely didn't and the replays clearly show this.  Cerny comes charging out and contact is inevitable , not all contact is a foul, and Cerny fumbled the ball then feigned injury. Keeper , regardless of who they are , always get these decisions. 

Archived