Partick Thistle v Rangers 6/2/18

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be delighted with a win but expecting a display which says the latest generation of Thistle players and management continue the long Jags  tradition of football's drunk uncle at a wedding making an exhibition of himself. :whistle

Tough game for us here against a solid, mid-table side.

Not convinced I'd be starting Erskine if fit and available, think his previous red card last time would be nagging away at the back of his mind and he'd try a bit too hard to make up for it resulting in him constantly giving the ball away with needlessly complicated tricks n' flicks.

Big Bad Booty Daddy Connor Sammon played well in his cameo appearance in the league game and was lively in the cup game against them, Doolan has a good goal record at Firhill against them, and Storey iirc was given MOTM in one of those games. Curious to see if we try to get all three in the starting line up but would probably mean Sammon wide left, maybe with a view to trying to stop Tavernier (who has set up a few goals against us from crosses I'm certain) getting as much space. I'm not really convinced Sammon does all that much defensively in all honesty (outwith set pieces where he is handy, admittedly) - he tracks back a lot, sure, I wouldn't dispute that, but he never really seems to get a foot in when he does, or get his body in the right position to shield it and win a defensive free kick? I always see Sammon as being better at chasing down balls into the channel and generally being a nuisance for defenders rather than defending in his own half, but perhaps I'm imagining it. *shrug*

As S T A U N CH as he is, Lawless has performed very well this season when I've seen him, so I'd be happy to have him starting. Booth has struggled against Tavernier before so I'm interested to see who we choose at left back.

Would love to see Osman single handedly dominate whatever bland, vanilla-midget midfield Rangers* put out.

6 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Tough game for us here against a solid, mid-table side.

Not convinced I'd be starting Erskine if fit and available, think his previous red card last time would be nagging away at the back of his mind and he'd try a bit too hard to make up for it resulting in him constantly giving the ball away with needlessly complicated tricks n' flicks.

Big Bad Booty Daddy Connor Sammon played well in his cameo appearance in the league game and was lively in the cup game against them, Doolan has a good goal record at Firhill against them, and Storey iirc was given MOTM in one of those games. Curious to see if we try to get all three in the starting line up but would probably mean Sammon wide left, maybe with a view to trying to stop Tavernier (who has set up a few goals against us from crosses I'm certain) getting as much space. I'm not really convinced Sammon does all that much defensively in all honesty (outwith set pieces where he is handy, admittedly) - he tracks back a lot, sure, I wouldn't dispute that, but he never really seems to get a foot in when he does, or get his body in the right position to shield it and win a defensive free kick? I always see Sammon as being better at chasing down balls into the channel and generally being a nuisance for defenders rather than defending in his own half, but perhaps I'm imagining it. *shrug*

As S T A U N CH as he is, Lawless has performed very well this season when I've seen him, so I'd be happy to have him starting. Booth has struggled against Tavernier before so I'm interested to see who we choose at left back.

Would love to see Osman single handedly dominate whatever bland, vanilla-midget midfield Rangers* put out.

Lack of wrestling lingo, disappointed

I think this will be a tough game as thistle have got their act together recently it seems. My main concern is our powder puff midfield, and i can also see Sammon rag dolling our CB's. I'm going to go for a hard fought 1-2 win for Sevco aka Barcelona. 

Sammon and Doolan or Storey up top would be nice. Woods in midfield again and Osman, Keown and Cargill kicking f**k out of the **** would be lovely. 

2-1 Thistle (Sammon & Doolan) (Tam with a good 10 mins of time wasting, in both halfs) 

I've put on the mugs double, jags to beat both arse cheeks £5 on for pretty pay out of £375. I would take more satisfaction out of the two wins than the money but what a celebration i could have on Saturday afternoon/evening/night ????

A must win or Murty will surely get the boot. Fortunately, the timeless Miller is fit and available for selection. Expect a narrow victory and our glaring problems to be swept under the carpet for another week. Pitch invasion dependent on how staunch our scorer is.

Injury free but hardly fit. Still knowing our luck he’ll come on for last 20 and score a double.

I’m past being optimistic when we play the dark side. I think we’re looking at another shit the bed display.

I’m border line conspiracy theory it’s been that long since we got a victory.

Would love to see another Sevco defeat, adding to the pressure on the Under 20’s coach and inducing further head - splitting rage in the horde.
However, pragmatism tells me that Scotland’s newest top flight team will bring some “Battull Feevurr” and this shall assist in their winning a valuable point in a gritty 1 - 1 draw.
[emoji149][emoji149]

Archived