Motherwell vs St Johnstone 6/2/18

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

It's Saints at Motherwell, there will be f**k all atmosphere. 

That's my point, the atmosphere would have been small to non-existent as it is but to take the away fans out of the South stand leaving that empty and sticking them away in the corner of the Main Stand is just going to kill what little atmosphere stone dead. The Well Bois are the only source of vocal backing and singing there is at Fir Park but even they are more subdued when there are no away fans in the South Stand.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, MJC said:

That's my point, the atmosphere would have been small to non-existent as it is but to take the away fans out of the South stand leaving that empty and sticking them away in the corner of the Main Stand is just going to kill what little atmosphere stone dead. The Well Bois are the only source of vocal backing and singing there is at Fir Park but even they are more subdued when there are no away fans in the South Stand.

I honestly don’t think it would matter where we sat. We’re probably looking at 300 max travelling through. 

44 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yes, not having a group of twelve year olds screech at folk who can't even hear them sure ruins the atmosphere. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, not having a group of twelve year olds screech at folk who can't even hear them sure ruins the atmosphere. 

It does, trust me. There wouldn't have been much atmosphere tonight anyway but we won't even have that now.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was me who said you were in your 60s you senile old c**t. 

And it was another fanny who posted it earlier ya absolute bellend, I love how I don't even need to try hard to make you look a p****, you manage to do it without any prompting from me.

26 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

And it was another fanny who posted it earlier ya absolute bellend, I love how I don't even need to try hard to make you look a p****, you manage to do it without any prompting from me.

I hope you don't teach your great grandchildren that sort of language. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope you don't teach your great grandchildren that sort of language. 

My great- grand kids will never ever be allowed to be p***** like you, therefore I would not require to use language that befits you.

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Kerr

Foster ---------------------------------------- Tanser

Alston - Davidson - Scougall

MacLean - Kane

Very, very interested to hear how that midfield works. Again it looks pretty attacking, but Davidson was back to his very best against Hearts and pretty much took their whole central midfield on alone (and won) so you'd be hoping he can continue that on. Alston, Scougall and MacLean will all have seen how the competition for their spots will have played and will hopefully realise they need to match it to be first choice.

I realise it's three games in a week, but MacLean back already? Did Tommy really mean it about being too loyal? It's almost as if he's bending the formation to accommodate Anderson.

Alston again. 

I'm getting this all out of my system early – helps ensure Macca scores a hat-trick

6 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I realise it's three games in a week, but MacLean back already? Did Tommy really mean it about being too loyal? It's almost as if he's bending the formation to accommodate Anderson.

Alston again. 

I'm getting this all out of my system early – helps ensure Macca scores a hat-trick

TBF we've only got three strikers. Johnstone has been given a run and hasn't exactly been brilliant, didnt contribute a huge amount outside pure hard work in our games since the break, so probably deserves to be out the team. 

Back three seems to have loosened up our midfield, think the set up is more about that than Anderson. He was confirmed as being third choice with his substitution at the weekend.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF we've only got three strikers. Johnstone has been given a run and hasn't exactly been brilliant, didnt contribute a huge amount outside pure hard work in our games since the break, so probably deserves to be out the team. 

Back three seems to have loosened up our midfield, think the set up is more about that than Anderson. He was confirmed as being third choice with his substitution at the weekend.

Yeah, I know – just a sinking feeling when I looked at the team. The fact that MacLean, Alston and Anderson are first picks are an indication of a weak squad more than anything. And you're right that Johnstone hasn't done much. But Macca has probably done less over the past few months.

Can't complain with Willock on the bench either as I suspect he won't be up to speed yet.

Archived