The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You'd rather be 10th than 9th?

Sound.

In terms of current form then Accies are not in a good place - yes you have two games in hand but they are against the Champions and the form team of the Premiership - Killie.

It could be that come the split you'll still be on the same points as us and ahead only fractionally on goal difference - that's if you don't get a hiding from Celtic.

Today aside - we at least are showing signs of being up for a fight - keeping Gowser fit is going to be crucial IMHO.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

In terms of current form then Accies are not in a good place - yes you have two games in hand but they are against the Champions and the form team of the Premiership - Killie.

It could be that come the split you'll still be on the same points as us and ahead only fractionally on goal difference - that's if you don't get a hiding from Celtic.

They'll still be above you though. Dundee fans have a real blindspot about how shite they actually are

They'll still be above you though. Dundee fans have a real blindspot about how shite they actually are
I've no illusions about where we are.

I just think that we are in a slightly better place mentally than Hamilton are - we certainly are in a better place than Thistle - and County, for all this talk of a good week, are still 4 points off us.

You'd rather be 10th than 9th?
Sound.

To be in Hamilton’s position I need to support Hamilton, and who would want to be there?

The only guy I know from Hamilton emigrated to the other side of the world to get away from the shitehole.

Anyway it looks like Hamilton will have no more points than they do now and their goal difference will just get more fucked, before the split.

I've no illusions about where we are.

I just think that we are in a slightly better place mentally than Hamilton are - we certainly are in a better place than Thistle - and County, for all this talk of a good week, are still 4 points off us.

County have just cuffed a team around them 4-0 and almost beat Hibs. You drew 0-0 with Celtic and got rattled by Rangers. Mentally County are in the best place. 

County have just cuffed a team around them 4-0 and almost beat Hibs. You drew 0-0 with Celtic and got rattled by Rangers. Mentally County are in the best place. 
Read my post.

Where did I say we were mentally in a better place than County?

I think you'll find that it was Hamilton and Thistle I said that about.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Hmm. St Johnstone are sooooo far ahead of both Hamilton and Dundee too.

We have zero chance of being relegated, so we're not really relevant to this "whos position would you rather be in" discussion since you'd kill yourself to be in ours/

We have zero chance of being relegated, so we're not really relevant to this "whos position would you rather be in" discussion since you'd kill yourself to be in ours/

Your position might be relevant in terms if who gets relegated though.

Will Saints (and Well for that matter) be up for what will be relatively meaningless games for them?

Last season we effectively were on holiday after securing safety (from a worse position than now) for the last two games.

Considering how shite we've been since December, it's remarkable we're in 9th. A win and a draw should do it (which I wouldn't bank on), mainly down to how bad everyone else as been. 

Your position might be relevant in terms if who gets relegated though.

Will Saints (and Well for that matter) be up for what will be relatively meaningless games for them?

Last season we effectively were on holiday after securing safety (from a worse position than now) for the last two games.

Our managers talked about culling half the squad this Summer, I doubt they'll be switched off early

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And so did ours last season.

The useless c***s still switched off.

Least it doesn't matter to us if they do, if it screws over one of you lot, so be it

Just to confirm what everyone here already knows, the gap in quality between the Premiership and the Championship is as large as ever.  And whoever finishes 11th will torch the Championship side over 2 legs.

I actually forgot how poor the Championship was but f**k me, the jobber count is enviable.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just to confirm what everyone here already knows, the gap in quality between the Premiership and the Championship is as large as ever.  And whoever finishes 11th will torch the Championship side over 2 legs.

I actually forgot how poor the Championship was but f**k me, the jobber count is enviable.

TBF theres something about Livingston that intrigues me. Teams who rely on their attack generally get pumped in the Play-Offs, a strong defensive team will stand a chance.

Archived