The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Thistle are the lowest scoring team in the league.

Genuinely assumed that was us. Sammon, Storey and Doolan really should get goals though, assume that falls back on poor management. They'll be a stick on for 11th then. 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Thistle are the lowest scoring team in the league.

Accies are safe. Dundee probably won't finish lower than 11th (even though, at best, they'll take 1 point from the next 9).

Both County and Thistle are going to lose 2 of their next 3 games. The game in Dingwall pre-split is pretty big. 

I think County's failure to win yesterday all but ensures automatic relegation. It's clear that Ketts/Fergie don't quite know the best XI yet (and that's fair enough, they've only had 2 games) but it does sound like they've instilled a small degree of fight into the squad. 

11th stays up, comfortably.

Also, Miles Storey has scored two goals all season and hasn't scored since October.

I would not fancy us in a playoff against anyone that could conceivably be in there. 

Bottom 6 prediction
1. St Johnstone
2. Motherwell
3. Hamilton Academical
4. Dundee (unfortunately)
————————————————
5. Ross County (q)
————————————————
6. Partick Thistle ®

-Play Offs-
Quarter Final
Morton 1-0 Dundee United
Dundee United 3-1 Morton
Dundee United win (3-2)

Semi Final
Dundee United 0-0 Livingston
Livingston 1-0 Dundee United AET
Livingston win (1-0)

Final
Livingston 0-2 Ross County
Ross County 3-0 Livingston
Ross County win (5-0)

Gulf between Premiership and Championship is very big atm imo.

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Bottom 6 prediction
1. St Johnstone
2. Motherwell
3. Hamilton Academical
4. Dundee (unfortunately)
————————————————
5. Ross County (q)
————————————————
6. Partick Thistle

Championees!!

We're not familiar with this kind of stuff, how does it work? Would we get a trophy or anything?

If we could have all our post split games away from home (bar Thistle) we might be okay - it's our home firm that is a killer. Still think we have enough - a couple of wins (like last season) would be enough - beating Thistle is a must but no doubt County will do us again.

22 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

This and an open top bus parade.

IMG_1184.jpg

A trophy befitting the winning of the bottom six championship. 

Not massively bothered who goes down, but Thistle would probably be best in terms of having a squad worth cherry picking a few players from. With st Mirren coming up it would also keep the quota of weegie clubs in the top league to a more acceptable level.

Your ability to score might be the difference. Sammon, Doolan and Storey are all capable of goals, defence is obviously your issue. 
Dundee don't look capable of scoring. Leitch-Smith only scores against us, Moussa hasn't scored all season and Murray needs four chances to score one, and nobody in Dundees team creates chances. Their only hope is Wighton has somehow turned from a fragile wee laddie who looked nowhere near good enough, into a world beater who can win games on his own, after a career ending injury. 

Both Moussa and AJLS have scored more than Storey...

17 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Both Moussa and AJLS have scored more than Storey...

Yeah, total mistake on my part tbh, I think Sammon scoring so much has altered my view of Thistle tbh

Obviously it's hard to predict when one side could pick up and go into it with real momentum, but I would be surprised if Dundee Utd, Morton, QoS or Dunfermline beat the Premiership team if they get there. My gut feeling is none of them are consistent enough to go through three two-legged ties without a fatal slip up somewhere. Of course if Dundee United manage to rally and finish second it could be a different story.

Livingston however are entirely capable the kind of well-organised, hard working shitfest of a performance which could see them not conceding over 180/210 minutes against sides who have very little quality up front. If they were to keep their bottle then seeing them deal with a carthorse like Sammon or Dundee's aimless meandering wouldn't be a surprise.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Going to be a change for Saints being bottom 6, but at least it gives us a chance to enjoy other clubs miseries.

Hibsing it on the horizon IMO

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously it's hard to predict when one side could pick up and go into it with real momentum, but I would be surprised if Dundee Utd, Morton, QoS or Dunfermline beat the Premiership team if they get there. My gut feeling is none of them are consistent enough to go through three two-legged ties without a fatal slip up somewhere. Of course if Dundee United manage to rally and finish second it could be a different story.

Livingston however are entirely capable the kind of well-organised, hard working shitfest of a performance which could see them not conceding over 180/210 minutes against sides who have very little quality up front. If they were to keep their bottle then seeing them deal with a carthorse like Sammon or Dundee's aimless meandering wouldn't be a surprise.

imgur_reaction.gif.971ae28dde51a0c99d78fa2e3dfeb8ce.gif

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

I've fucked that. When I now say that I meant Storey it looks like I'm backtracking :lol:

:lol:

Storey is more a one-trick pony than a carthorse. That aside I agree with your original post. With Fraser back for the DABs they'd be the most likely of the Championship teams to break the hegemony, imo.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

You were but I took you off ignore because you amused me so much emoji4.pngemoji4.pngemoji4.png

I find ignore is by far the better option for this fruitloop. I genuinely believe he requires psychiatric assessment. Thank you.

Archived