The Relegation Battle

The Relegation Battle  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WellView said:

Accies are in a bad way on and off the park.   Ross County might pull another great escape but I feel the other clubs above them will grind them down.  I can't see any team in the championship that will be able to handle the scandalous play-off schedule then take on a rested and motivated premier league and beat them. 

It would be fairer to just have a play-off between the second bottom team and the team that finishes second in the championship. 

We finished 2nd in the league, we reached the play off final and overcome a 2-0 home loss to win promotion via a penalty shoot out, this gave me one of my best days ever as a fan, and feel the current system although stacked heavily in favour of the team finishing 2nd bottom in the Premiership is the best available.

Worried by the lack of folk mentioning us tbh, no sooner have we started getting players back than we've started piling up injuries again.  Next 3 games of Dundee (H), Accies (A), County (A) are obviously huge, if we can get 6+ points I'll be pretty confident we'll pull away over the remaining 9 games. I'd be confident we'd win the playoff as long as it wasn't Dundee United, not because they're any good, just because of history repeating.

I've always thought that when it is Hamilton's time to go down, they'd be relegated by the start of March with about 12 points, which obviously isn't this season, but from the outside they appear to have lost good players and rolled the dice on English tier 14 players and random foreigners. Could work, could not. 

Before we played St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago I said even if we won, there's no way they'd get dragged in. If they lose another couple in a row it could start to get a bit Hibs 2014 down Perth way.

Dundee I think will be OK, which probably means I have to go Hamilton / County with whichever finishes 11th to win the playoff.

The play off system is a joke. If you fall within the play off place you should go through the same rigours as the team in 2nd position in the Championship.

Hamilton to scrape a play off final win against Dundee Utd. (again)

Ross County to go down and Owen Coyle to finally hit the bottle.

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

The play off system is a joke. If you fall within the play off place you should go through the same rigours as the team in 2nd position in the Championship.

Hamilton to scrape a play off final win against Dundee Utd. (again)

Ross County to go down and Owen Coyle to finally hit the bottle.

The play off structure is in place pre the commencement of the season, what do you know about the system in place, Sellick have never been involved in it so you would have no idea what the play-offs entail, just another OF fan who like their vile clubs feel their viewpoint holds more value than the true football fans of the other 40 member clubs.

Only saw the highlights of your game on Saturday but is there some reason why you think you'll turn things,around?

We were poor very poor Saturday and I'd be surprised if that's not a one off. We were on a not bad run of results either end of the break so not too worried. Think we will have enough about us to grind out results if needed.

23 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Did you suffer from a form of dyslexia prior to making your user name, you clearly overthought it and more appropriately you should have just called yourself bawbag.

You literally have the worst patter out of anyone I've ever seen. You piss yourself at bawbag as an insult ya manchild.

5 hours ago, Nadroj said:

You literally have the worst patter out of anyone I've ever seen. You piss yourself at bawbag as an insult ya manchild.

Where do I as you say piss myself at bawbag, the embellishment of posts I make on here by imbecilic fuds like you are a joy to behold.

Pretty strange that nobody yet has picked us for either spot, despite us looking like an unanimous shout for 12th a couple of months back. Funny what a wee bit of time in football will do.

I do think we’ll probably just scrape through. That said, out of all the teams in the fight, we’d be the most likely to bottle the playoffs. Whether it’s County, Accies, Dundee or Saints, they’d easily win over 2 legs against a Championship side, but we’ve got the potential to utterly shit ourselves in that situation.

Archived