Best thing that’s happened in your life?

Shooting a 75 at golf when I was playing off 24. Never been near that again. 

I had a similar, was a very occasional golfer & was persuaded to join a couple of mates on the “big” course, par 71 as opposed to the learner course (66) that I normally played. I was plus 24 on the wee course but managed to complete the first 9 on the 71 only 2 over, including 3 birdies (more than I’d had in the previous 3 years), fell to shit on the back nine but still managed a credible +10.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I had a similar, was a very occasional golfer & was persuaded to join a couple of mates on the “big” course, par 71 as opposed to the learner course (66) that I normally played. I was plus 24 on the wee course but managed to complete the first 9 on the 71 only 2 over, including 3 birdies (more than I’d had in the previous 3 years), fell to shit on the back nine but still managed a credible +10.

Closest I've been since is 84.

Just one of those days when everything went right. 

Football was probably the final whistle at Hampden when we beat France. That last 20-odd minutes had been torture and we just went to complete joy. The Griffiths goals against England are up there but the result took the shine off it a little.

Personal life - meeting the OH, he’s great and we have a great time together. I’m not married/have kids so none of that stuff applies.

ETA- My first Open Water Swim In the Firth of Forth, fabulous. It’s right up there.

Football was probably the final whistle at Hampden when we beat France. That last 20-odd minutes had been torture and we just went to complete joy. The Griffiths goals against England are up there but the result took the shine off it a little.

Personal life - meeting the OH, he’s great and we have a great time together. I’m not married/have kids so none of that stuff applies.

ETA- My first Open Water Swim In the Firth of Fourth, fabulous. It’s right up there.

Loony Dook on New Years Day?

ETA- My first Open Water Swim In the Firth of Fourth, fabulous. It’s right up there.

10 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Edit this shite or get back in the fuckin sea. 

Godammit, bloody iPhone. Edited it now.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Nah, I've been going with an Open Water Swimming group based at Portobello, I started last May and its brilliant.

Outside of the wife, kids etc. The other 3 are raith beating celtic in the cup final.
And beating rangers in the ramsdens cup final. The rangers fans on route to the stadium were such smug p***ks about how easy it was going to be made it even more pleasing.
And got to be scotland win v france in 2006. Not just the game and win, was a great day all round.

And got to be scotland win v france in 2006. Not just the game and win, was a great day all round.

Possibly my favourite Scotland game, remember getting a ticket outside the ground and was on a total high just because of that but the scenes at the end were the best I have ever experienced.

Archived