Best thing that’s happened in your life?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On 07/02/2018 at 16:56, Brother Blades said:

It might be meeting your current squeeze, winning the old 2nd division, indeed, winning the lottery, birth of your latest / first child, so many options.

For me, it was my oldest son being born & seeing the Happy Monday’s live,in the space of 30 hours.

Looking back it was a shit thing to do, but I’ve no regrets.

Get chatting.

I met Ronnie Corbett, Sam Torrance and Yvonne Murray on the same day when I was on my honeymoon!!

My eldest child could be accurately described as a medical miracle.

Pinning the best thing to one incident would be impossible. The miraculous operation they performed after a crazy rush down to London from the GPs office in Broxburn. The countless hours in hospitals afterwards. To him being born and needing no medical assistance except a heated mattress for a couple of hours. The most stressful and rewarding 9 months of my life.

He is now a cheeky wee shite, as he quite rightly should be at 5.

On 12/02/2018 at 17:56, buchan30 said:

And got to be scotland win v france in 2006. Not just the game and win, was a great day all round.

I fondly remember that day too.  I spent it in the pub in Aberdeen but with the group of close friends that I don't think has ever been in the same city at the same time since.   Those were the days of disposable cash and no serious commitments (i.e. kids) and the day was just a riot from start to finish (pub lunch through to kebab shop at 3am), hence the day is associated with the halcyon days of my social circle rather than simply being a great football result. 

I somehow ended up on top of a fairly large juke box when Caldwell scored and it still perplexes me to this day exactly how that was remotely possible.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I fondly remember that day too.  I spent it in the pub in Aberdeen but with the group of close friends that I don't think has ever been in the same city at the same time since.   Those were the days of disposable cash and no serious commitments (i.e. kids) and the day was just a riot from start to finish (pub lunch through to kebab shop at 3am), hence the day is associated with the halcyon days of my social circle rather than simply being a great football result. 

I somehow ended up on top of a fairly large juke box when Caldwell scored and it still perplexes me to this day exactly how that was remotely possible.

I was in a nightclub in Hong Kong watching the game with one of my colleagues - a French guy.  Which was nice.

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I was in a nightclub in Hong Kong watching the game with one of my colleagues - a French guy.  Which was nice.

did you rip his garlic clove necklace off and smack him aboot the knapper with it?

Don't remember the Caldwell goal game but the Faddy goal in Paris was a laugh. A pal and me had the 125/1 bet of Faddy/Scotland 1-0 on. I got dropped home by a police van in the middle of the night after a wee nap on someone's wall on the way home. 

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Don't remember the Caldwell goal game but the Faddy goal in Paris was a laugh. A pal and me had the 125/1 bet of Faddy/Scotland 1-0 on. I got dropped home by a police van in the middle of the night after a wee nap on someone's wall on the way home. 

Wins a 125/1 bet and still looks for a free lift home. Scum, sub-human scum.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wins a 125/1 bet and still looks for a free lift home. Scum, sub-human scum.

The policeman made the mistake of dialling "home" from my mobile before I could warn him not to disturb my missus at 2am. He was soon instructed that she would not be coming out to collect me nor arranging a taxi for me and that if he was that concerned about me then they'd have to bring me home. 

My 7 European Cups in 12 years as Hearts manager in Championship Manager 00/01 version.......

........closely followed by the birth of my daughter and meeting my wife ;) 

Weird one this but my dad walking out when I was 13 changed my life in so many ways.

I only stayed at his on weekends and have two wee sisters via his second wife but he told me he was going away for a few months and didn’t tell anyone bar me this was on the Sunday before I went home and then next Friday his second wife comes home from work and he is gone.

My mum decided to take me down to Blackpool to get my mind off things and when I got to the hotel I wanted to play pool but someone was already on the only table in the hotel. I put my £0.50 on the table and waited on this boy and dad finishing their game, my mum came down from the room and got talking to them and they were from Falkirk and were down for the week like us so spent lots of time with the other boy who was 12 and when we got back to Cumbernauld my mum and my now step dad got to dating and a year later we moved into his flat in Falkirk and my life changed forever.

went to college met new pals etc, after a few years my pal introduced me to a girl but she wasn’t for me but she said my friend may be for you and nearly 7 years later we’ve moved in together, moved around a lot, had a gorgeous daughter, got engaged and now married.

Cheers da ya Kent.

Archived