Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

10 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Forecast is for snow on and off for the next 5 days or so. I think you're right. 

Is that not the forecast for Aberdeen every day of the year?

#itsgrimupnorth

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A mate of mine is adamant the game will be called off today.
He's prone to speaking shite though.

Would certainly expect there to be a decision today one way or the other.

Saw a couple of photos on social meeja yesterday of the pitch covered in a blanket of snow.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Dundee had that title for a while (it was actually based on weather info from Leuchars).

I can assure you its a lot of shite.

Still a better climate than the weej, mind you. 

No Greer or Mulumbu for tomorrow if the game goes ahead according to SC at his pre match presser this morning......

Steve Clarke is sure the Kilmarnock fans will turn up in numbers for tomorrow's Scottish Cup quarter final at Pittodrie despite the harsh winter weather.

Heavy snow across Scotland has meant much of the nation has ground to a halt this week with work required to the road network as well as at Aberdeen's stadium.

With everything being done to ensure the match is played, Clarke is certain nothing will stop Killie's away following backing the team.

He said: "If the game is on then the supporters will be there. I know they’ll get there.

"The fans are excited, which is good because it means the team has excited them over the previous weeks. It’s massive. It’s a cup quarter final and with two wins you are at Hampden Park for the final.

"Once you get to this stage you can start to smell the final and that’s good for everybody.

"The match looks as though it will go ahead, the only doubt would be any travel problems for the supporters to get to the game. I think the main roads are pretty clear now so hopefully it goes ahead.

"Aberdeen will take care of the pitch and stadium and we look forward to a good cup tie.

"We want to play the game, there’s no substitute for matches. We’ve played a lot of games recently but the players are enjoying it."

Aberdeen have beaten Killie twice this season but Clarke, who will be without Gordon Greer (calf) and Youssouf Mulumbu (groin), says nobody at Pittodrie will take the men from Ayrshire lightly.

He added: "I’m sure Derek and his team won’t underestimate us. He knows that they had to work hard in both games to beat us and there’s a lot more pressure on them than Kilmarnock.

"If our cup run stopped with an away defeat to Aberdeen in the quarter final, we’d be disappointed. If Aberdeen’s cup run stops with a defeat at home to Kilmarnock in the quarter final then they’d be more than disappointed."

As a staunch sooth stander I'm not happy

Me neither. Wonder if it’ll have an effect on the atmosphere[emoji2]?

Fed up reading about us being bottle merchants this week, but what’s really annoying is I’m starting to believe it myself.

Our form so far in the cup has been good, albeit against lower league opposition, but it gives me a bit of confidence going into tomorrow. That’s added to by the fact Shinnie and Christie will be back. I’d probably start with May over Rooney, but in all honesty I’m finding it harder to justify one over the other.

Anyway, I love the cup and I’ll go for a 2-1 victory for the Sheep. I’m not predicting any scorers though, because I’m shite at it.

Safe travels to everyone!

Archived