Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Clarke is tactically superior to McInnes. Killie will win the replay.
It's really not going well for us at the moment. There's a fair amount of change needed, and did he really take Christie off and put nwakali on near the end...[emoji46]

Poor game overall, draw was a fair result. Too many in midfield was poor for us along with strange decision to play Rooney in midfield.

Considine gets a hard time from our supporters but I don’t understand why Logan doesn’t get a hard time either as he has been dreadful this season - he cost us the win today.

That was pretty brutal stuff. Some decent enough if unsensational play from Aberdeen in the first half, but dire all round in the second. Draw probably the fairest outcome. 

To be honest, we aren't very enjoyable to watch at the moment. Yes, the utter state of the Pittodrie pitch doesn't help matters, but we looked bereft of ideas and inspiration after Kilmarnock's equaliser. We have an excellent record at Rugby Park under McInnes, but you would have thought that today represented our best chance of winning the tie, both because we were at home and Mulumbu wasn't available for Kilmarnock. 

On the subject of individual players, I have a few concerns. Logan is having a poor season, and he was partially at fault for another opposition goal today - he has been just as bad as Considine since August, but at least he has good #bantz on Twitter. I like Arnason, but his best days are well gone now. I don't want to waste time complaining about O'Connor, he's just shite. McGinn didn't make much of an impact on the game. Christie has been blowing hot and cold for a while now. McLean didn't do much. Shinnie was our best player and we would have probably lost the game without him, but we missed his tenacity in the middle of the park. McKenna was decent. 

Alas, I just can't see this Aberdeen team keeping pace with Rangers, who have recruited well and improved since the break. Also, on today's evidence, even if we do win the replay, we won't have what it takes to beat Celtic and/or Rangers to win the Scottish Cup. All I can hope is that I am proved wrong between now and the end of the season. 

Steve Clarke is tactically superior to McInnes. Killie will win the replay.
It's really not going well for us at the moment. There's a fair amount of change needed, and did he really take Christie off and put nwakali on near the end...[emoji46]

Couldn’t agree more.

Just imagine having him at Pittodrie when DM goes to WBA.

Glad Killie have put an attacking side out as an open game at Pittodrie generally suits Aberdeen. The Hibs game in December comes to mind. 
The fact that Broad Kirkfoot is playing makes me feel better.

Big Kirk has been a standout in defence since SC arrived. He's quickly won over a lot of the Rugby Park faithful & is a bit of a cult hero now tbh.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Will Aberdeen ever win the Scottish Cup? This poster does not think so.

Sad.

Since we have already won it 7 times a bit of a daft post,if I were you I would be more worried if my team would still be in existence next season.

Guest Bob Mahelp

No real surprise that it finished 1-1. 

Aberdeen probably just the better team over 90 minutes but bereft of confidence with a misfunctioning forward line.  Killie stuffy and organised but with no real sharpness or drive to punish Aberdeen's weaknesses. 

McInnes took 70 minutes to realise that May and Rooney up front hadn't worked from the first 30 seconds. Piss poor. We needed a second goal after half time, but it was fairly obvious that from the point Killie realised that it was actually a cup tie (around the 40th minute) sooner or later they'd equalise. 

The pitch at Pittodrie is a disgrace. It's impossible to play football on, and as shite as Killie's carpet is, it'll still be easier for Aberdeen to play fitba on than Pittodrie. 

In all honesty, I'm not disappointed with a draw as I think Killie's best chance was today. Happy enough with a replay, that I believe we'll win. 

Archived