Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

22 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Impressive numbers - plenty of noise too, albeit every song seemed to be a bigot brothers anthem with the word “Killie” inserted. eg hello hello we are the Killie boys. Gads.

Game itself was poor - strange bizarre tactical switches from the McInnes tombola - why we don’t start with Mackay-Steven in a home Cup tie is beyond me - if he’s on it, he’s a match winner. Instead we have Rooney running up the left, and Brian, sorry Stevie, May running around doing not a lot up front.

Kilmarnock were solid, but not great - McInnes likely thought game management would be enough in the second half until Shay Miller and Kari Hansen intervened.

Quite fancy the replay though......think we’ll be better down there for some reason.

Apart from Hello Hello what other 'bigot brothers' anthems did we sing? Or did you just make that up completely based on Hello Hello even though its well known that we have sang that for years?

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from Hello Hello what other 'bigot brothers' anthems did we sing? Or did you just make that up completely based on Hello Hello even though its well known that we have sang that for years?

Na na na na Killie.....repeat ad nauseum

Celtic no?

Loads of teams sing that as well as the "Hello Hello" song. Not sure why you're so obsessed with the OF though.

I think the people of Ayrshire are obsessed with them considering they base their club’s songbook on their anthems.

I think the people of Ayrshire are obsessed with them considering they base their club’s songbook on their anthems.

You're obviously trolling but I'll bite anyway. How are they OF "anthems"

Never created a clear cut chance? Boyd should have scored right on half time so forgive me for disagreeing on that point.

Also forgive me for disagreeing on Clarke v McInnes because SC taking on Erwin for Brophy was the moment that changed things for our back line. Up to then they were coping well with the game and Jones was anonymous. When Erwin arrived, he started holding the ball up, physically outbattled Arnason and brought Jones into the game from where he started to run at Logan. That got his confidence up and indeed Jones running at a jittery Logan and Arnason brought about the penalty. DM didn't counteract it or even try to change the game until 15 to go. So forgive me for disagreeing there but that move by SC was key in bringing Killie back into it.

Agree that the Pittodrie surface is a farce. What do the ground staff actually do?!

Whilst I’m normally a huge fan of your match reports, I do think you’re a bit harsh on mcinnes.

Coming from a position where i firmly believe that any manager in any industry suffers highs and lows, I would afford Derek a bit of leeway. We were forced into a huge turnover of players last summer and it’s safe to say he hasn’t got it quite right. The squad is unbalanced and we just aren’t quite clicking. But when you have to put a squad together in the space of 4-5 weeks mistakes are bound to be made.

Whilst publicly Derek defends this squad I would imagine privately he knows we’re not good enough currently. Yes he’s had pay rises but tangibly how has his job changed? I’d suggest not very much.

If this season is to just be a dip in mcinnes’ tenure then so be it. Judge him on how we react to it, what we do over the summer and how we build again.

Let’s get behind them.

Come on you fucking reds.

You're obviously trolling but I'll bite anyway. How are they OF "anthems"

Not trolling - too old for that caper.

AFC fans go out of their way not to sing any tune we would typically associate with the former old firm (or in yesterday’s case sometimes we just don’t sing anything).

Other clubs are different clearly - if these tunes were devised by Kilmarnock and plagiarised by the weegie clubs then I stand corrected.

Sevco’s fans clearly don’t mind copying us though, as despite us getting Human League back in the Top 40 for Peter Pawlett Baby a few years back, they’re using it for Cummings these days.

ps. where was Paper Roses?

I actually thought McLean was excellent first half. Totally strolled through the game and was the only player on the park who tried to control and pass the ball. 
While I agree that we've lost our mojo at the moment and are not playing well, I'd also point out that for all your praise of Clarke Killie were utterly brutal for 40 minutes yesterday and against a more confident Dons side would have been out of the cup by half time. 
They got better because they had to get better, but never at one point really created a clear cut chance or put our goal under any threat. Their penalty came from comical defending by Aberdeen and after they equalised I still believed (maybe foolishly) that the only team likely to win the game was Aberdeen. 
I agree that they're organised and stuffy and better than they were 4 months ago. And in general in Scottish football that's enough to get you a mid-table position. But I didn't see anything in the slightest from the much lauded Clarke yesterday that suggests that he 'out-thought' McInnes. They were as poor as we were. 
I may be wrong in this but I honestly believe being away from that horrendous surface at Pittodrie will help us. We generally like playing at Rugby Park and I'm more confident of us getting a result there than I was yesterday. 
Clearly your wearing your red tinted spectacles so these few points should help you see the light....

Dicker was the best player on the pitch. Backed up by the top marks given by those reporting on the match.

Killie never threatened nor created any chances? Rubbish, Boyd's volley blazed over the bar and Broadfoot's header from a corner which Woodman produced a cracking one handed diving save to tip it over the bar, suggests otherwise.

McInnes has proved time & again when the going gets tough he really isn't very adept at changing things in Aberdeen's favour. Clarke however is far more astute given the amount of times his changes have brought Killie back from a losing position.

Using the excuse of the pitch is at best woeful, it's wheeled out to deflect attention away from a team who failed to reach their rightful "second home at Hampden" yesterday.

*Holds the collar of his jacket

"Don't man, they're not worth it!"

This song critique seem to surface after every match now. It’s a pity our supporters bite at the obvious trolling. I suppose it’s really a compliment they can’t poke fun at the team/manager/results much anymore so they try and go for our excellent vocal away support. Sad!

Archived