Dundee v Motherwell - 24/02/18

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Regardless of whether it is or isn’t offside Dundee didn’t do enough to win the game.  Referees can easily make mistakes when making split second decisions.  McCann had all week to decide on his team and he didn’t get that right.

Aye. It's a marginal call. Not quite the miles off decision I saw a few Dees bleating about on Twitter. If the linesman had been squinting he could easily have called it off but it hardly seems a great injustice IMO. As I say, I've an obvious bias but from the TV pictures he looks in line.

Kamara still has time to turn and matches Main's run but rather than block the cross he just kind of wafts his foot at the ball and I'm not entirely sure why Caulker seems to check out of trying to put a boot on the ball and clear it.

From our point of view it's actually a really well worked move. It's the sort of goal we've been scoring recently, Ciftci holds the ball up for McHugh to knock the ball into the channel. Tanner's got a tap in.

Extremely disappointing but not surprising. Our inability to put the ball in the net is going to be the nail in the coffin, like others have said we could have played all day and not scored. Motherwell, lacked any quality, we're trying to put the ball in the corner after 75 minutes and were consistent with the persistent fouling but they took their chance and therefor deserve the 3 points. With the run of fixtures coming up I felt we needed at least a point here, we just have to hope that the others around us continue to be as hopeless as us. Watching Moussa is unbearable although I dont think AJ influenced the game whatsoever and despite trying extremely hard, Murray was completely ineffective. A couple of cold ones to ease the pain.

Thank You. 

Well that was a brutal watch. The ref was absolutely howling.  One shot in 90 mins fucking hell. Still, we won and Kipre pulled off the worst dive I've ever seen live and got a free kick for it. Even he was laughing about it.

Suffice to say McCann's piss is well and truly boiled.

Dundee manager Neil McCann: "A bit of a sense of injustice. We absolutely dominated the match. They have one attack possibly worth noting and they score from it but I'm more angry because I had spoken to the officials about (Curtis) Main.

"I'm speaking from a forwards point of view but when there are defenders going to challenge and the striker is not interested in the ball, he takes one look at the ball and then bangs into defenders, that's a free-kick. I'm angry about losing a poor goal again but I'm more angry with a stonewall penalty not being given. I feel very aggrieved right now.

"I've spoken to all the officials. I spoke to the assistant referee who suggested to (referee) Alan Muir that yes it did strike an arm but his arms were in against his body. His arms are not against his body. There is no reason for (Cedric) Kipre's hands to be out where they were.

"He stopped the ball going over his head and it should have been a penalty."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43094035

:lol: 

To sum up, we scored the easiest goal a 'Well player will ever score, we got pinned back for the last 20 minutes and the ref gave an awful lot of fouls

Wouldn't have been the fact that you committed a lot of fouls would it? As soon as your players were booked they were hooked to allow you to commit more fouls[emoji23]

The saddest thing about today? Tim Keyes flew over from the United States to specifically watch that. What a wasted trip. Forget the result - That wasn't a game to fly 4,700 miles for. :lol:

Archived