Roma, Mamma mia!

Nastro

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roma started well and created a few chances. Dzekos assist for the goal was brilliant.

Maybe they thought 1-0 would be enough to go back to rome with. They let shaktar back into it and from then on in it looked like there would only be one winner. Absolute peach of a free kick to win it, but roma are still in it.

Going to be an interesting 2nd leg

13 hours ago, Menzel said:

Mods, please.

Joke.

Considering the language used on here, you can hardly complain about a wee ‘play on words’.

:unsure:

14 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Roma are a minter in Europe.

Jim McLean famously put a curse on them in the 80s. Karma does not have an expiry date. 

Sleep well.

Last time I went over to see Lazio, got speaking to a fella who had a Saltire on display (have seen quite a few Lion Rampant's as well) and asked him why he had it, after a lengthy discussion about Braveheart he mentioned the whole Dundee United Semi Final tie. 

Must admit never realised the scale of the whole incident until reading up on it recently. Absolutely mad. 

Were any on P&B at the second leg? 

Erm, Shakhtar are a very good team and the Ukranian league is a pretty strong league (ranked 8th in Europe) so Roma losing there isn't a particularly shocking result.  Also worth noting that Shakhtar's UEFA coefficient is 87.526 while Roma's is 53.666. 

26 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Erm, Shakhtar are a very good team and the Ukranian league is a pretty strong league (ranked 8th in Europe) so Roma losing there isn't a particularly shocking result.  Also worth noting that Shakhtar's UEFA coefficient is 87.526 while Roma's is 53.666. 

I was just coming into this thread to say just that. The OP makes it sound like Roma lost to a team of diddies. Shakhtar (though not one of the "big guns") would give anyone in the CL a game.

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was just coming into this thread to say just that. The OP makes it sound like Roma lost to a team of diddies. Shakhtar (though not one of the "big guns") would give anyone in the CL a game.

Even 20 years ago the champions of Ukraine (Dynamo Kyiv) got farther in the Champions league than the runners up of Serie A (Parma)

13 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Even 20 years ago the champions of Ukraine (Dynamo Kyiv) got farther in the Champions league than the runners up of Serie A (Parma)

Didn't one of the "big guns" lose to Shakhtar a few years ago?  For some reason I think it might have been Bayern Munich, but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Last time I went over to see Lazio, got speaking to a fella who had a Saltire on display (have seen quite a few Lion Rampant's as well) and asked him why he had it, after a lengthy discussion about Braveheart he mentioned the whole Dundee United Semi Final tie. 

Must admit never realised the scale of the whole incident until reading up on it recently. Absolutely mad. 

Were any on P&B at the second leg? 

Just read up on that too. Absolutely sickening. 

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Didn't one of the "big guns" lose to Shakhtar a few years ago?  For some reason I think it might have been Bayern Munich, but I could be wrong.

They beat Schalke in the Europa League in 2015-16 on their way to the semi-final but haven't knocked out any of the mega teams recently.  They did however beat Chelsea in the group stages

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Parma :lol:

Remember when they were a thing?

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

They are once again a thing!  Having been liquidated twice, Parma III is currently in Serie B and in the promotion picture! 

"The Parma" would be "Il Parma" in Italian, which looks almost identical to "Parma II". Shame they did it twice. "Il Il Parma" doesn't work quite as well.

Archived