Scottish cup weekend predictions

owenzy

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like watching Shortlees don't get me wrong but they do not have 4 boys that would walk into the scotland team. Not a chance. They have a great team bond and ethic, that's what makes them a top team. Individually tho only one "walks" in to that team and

Mayne one more that would have an outside chance

12 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I like watching Shortlees don't get me wrong but they do not have 4 boys that would walk into the scotland team. Not a chance. They have a great team bond and ethic, that's what makes them a top team. Individually tho only one "walks" in to that team and

Guy above said any amateur team not the scotland team

Never said scotland team , i said any Scottish amateur team. And i’ll stand by what i said. Before everybody jumps on the bandwagon am not even a shortlees fan , just saying it the way it is

Sweet Jesus the cringe meter has overloaded shortlees must be one of the most successful amateur teams ever with the array of talent coming of the conveyer belt over the years

It is a bit cringe, some of the things on here, from all the teams not just the Ayrshire boys. This post might be even cringier, but folk will talk about many topics on many social media, sites, where it is healthy to argue and debate. It’s just opinions, mines included, that’s all it is, that’s just the internet and that’s just human nature for you. Personally if I don’t like something, I just go somewhere else and I just don’t read it. Speaking for Shortlees, we had a great result on Saturday and are just glad to be in the hat for the semi, and have no further expectations other than the next round. And for what it’s worth, and I await the expected backlash of people who have never seen him play regularly. I have been involved with all three Shortlees Ams teams over the 40+ year span they played, and Keir Knapp is by a mile, the best player to ever play with any Shortlees team. Also he is the best amateur player I have ever seen, and I’ve seen many thousands over the last four decades at amateur level.  Ok I know that is a very big statement to make, and hey, i might have missed one or two somewhere who were better, but honestly, I have never seen them. He has never said he is the best, it’s my opinion, I’m saying it. Despite the interest from, senior and nearly every top Junior side over the years, he is very happy to stay at Shortlees, where he is the captain, and loves playing for us. Yes he can have the odd bad day, but most of his football days are good, and when he is really on it, he is unplayable at this level. It is also my opinion, he is at a level he should not be playing at. I’m sure there are plenty of defenders who will read this, and who have played against him on his good days, who might somewhat reluctantly agree, or maybe not. It isn’t a crime to think he is a great player, and I’m not embarrassing the club by stating the obvious, that I have a very high  opinion of him. Why shouldn’t I have, we are just so glad to have him, as he would walk in to any ammy team in the country, and I bet every team who has played against him, would all take him. I would also shag him, so fire away. ;) 

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde

It is a bit cringe, some of the things on here, from all the teams not just the Ayrshire boys. This post might be even cringier, but folk will talk about many topics on many social media, sites, where it is healthy to argue and debate. It’s just opinions, mines included, that’s all it is, that’s just the internet and that’s just human nature for you. Personally if I don’t like something, I just go somewhere else and I just don’t read it. Speaking for Shortlees, we had a great result on Saturday and are just glad to be in the hat for the semi, and have no further expectations other than the next round. And for what it’s worth, and I await the expected backlash of people who have never seen him play regularly. I have been involved with all three Shortlees Ams teams over the 40+ year span they played, and Keir Knapp is by a mile, the best player to ever play with any Shortlees team. Also he is the best amateur player I have ever seen, and I’ve seen many thousands over the last four decades at amateur level.  Ok I know that is a very big statement to make, and hey, i might have missed one or two somewhere who were better, but honestly, I have never seen them. He has never said he is the best, it’s my opinion, I’m saying it. Despite the interest from, senior and nearly every top Junior side over the years, he is very happy to stay at Shortlees, where he is the captain, and loves playing for us. Yes he can have the odd bad day, but most of his football days are good, and when he is really on it, he is unplayable at this level. It is also my opinion, he is at a level he should not be playing at. I’m sure there are plenty of defenders who will read this, and who have played against him on his good days, who might somewhat reluctantly agree, or maybe not. It isn’t a crime to think he is a great player, and I’m not embarrassing the club by stating the obvious, that I have a very high  opinion of him. Why shouldn’t I have, we are just so glad to have him, as he would walk in to any ammy team in the country, and I bet every team who has played against him, would all take him. I would also shag him, so fire away. [emoji6] 
There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde

Fergie a close second [emoji106] [emoji1]

45 minutes ago, s212775 said:

Don't have to read it?

One thing is for sure, Shortlees may have not yet proven on the park they are better than Hurlford but they certainly dominate this forum in the same way, or perhaps even more, than Hurlford used too. Every single amateur thread seems to mention them in some way, shape or form. 

Yes they are a good side, yes they probably have the best amateur footballer in Scotland in their team, and have a 1 in 4 chance of winning the Scottish Cup now. However, they have not won the Scottish yet, they lost too a side in the West who, if you believe the hype on this forum, shouldn't have been on same pitch as them. They have yet too beat Hurlford and unless they do, they will once again be 2nd at best in Premier League again. May I also add, it's the weakest Hurlford side in many a year.  I don't get the furore surrounding them on this, however I do wish them all the best in their Scottish Cup endeavours 

15 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

A wouldn't read it if it was in the right topic this is for Scottish cup predictions and scores!!  no who was shortlees best player know wonder folk don't like then when use carry on like that 

Best Supported In ayrshire Amateur football that's a fact probably even Scottish amateur football. Big numbers so lot of people like them Im assuming?

18 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

One thing is for sure, Shortlees may have not yet proven on the park they are better than Hurlford but they certainly dominate this forum in the same way, or perhaps even more, than Hurlford used too. Every single amateur thread seems to mention them in some way, shape or form. 

Yes they are a good side, yes they probably have the best amateur footballer in Scotland in their team, and have a 1 in 4 chance of winning the Scottish Cup now. However, they have not won the Scottish yet, they lost too a side in the West who, if you believe the hype on this forum, shouldn't have been on same pitch as them. They have yet too beat Hurlford and unless they do, they will once again be 2nd at best in Premier League again. May I also add, it's the weakest Hurlford side in many a year.  I don't get the furore surrounding them on this, however I do wish them all the best in their Scottish Cup endeavours 

Maybe as its a Scottish cup forumn and they are still in the mix would suggest why we have fans active, nothing wrong with that.

Hurlford were out long time ago hence no activity from their support. They are the biggest gloaters around you should know that?

Just now, s212775 said:

Maybe as its a Scottish cup forumn and they are still in the mix would suggest why we have fans active, nothing wrong with that.

Hurlford were out long time ago hence no activity from their support. They are the biggest gloaters around you should know that?

And to add UB fully deserved their win, they were hungrier and played to their strengths

33 minutes ago, s212775 said:

Did i say there was anything wrong? I am merely pointing out, as have others, that every Ayrshire amateur thread and most Scottish amateur threads, find their way back to Shortlees. This thread went on to talk about Shortlees players from the past and the likes and as you said, it's about the Scottish Cup?? You will struggle to find a thread, with perhaps exception of LEAFA ones, that they are not mentioned. That's all we are saying. 

Archived