Masterchef

The Naitch

11 hours ago, Desp said:

My prediction is for the pressure to get too much for Alex and it'll be an all-male Final. 

As suspected. Albeit I think Kenny got lucky. 

David to win it. 

Shambles that Kenny got through to the final. Made an arse of the first test and then had the biggest mistake in the second because he tried to much, which he’s already been criticised for in the past.

David has to win it.

Kenny was very fortunate, but not quite sure it was a shambles. Alex's dish in the test had a couple of issues, whilst Kenny's was very well received despite forgetting the cauliflower. In the elimintation, Kenny's dish had the jelly error (why didn't he just junk the jelly?)  but was otherwise excellent, whereas Alex's had a couple of issues incuding overcooked squid. 

I think Kenny's errors were worse in the grand scheme of things but his dishes tasted better and that got him through. Reminds me of the William Sitwell challenge where someone got high praise from a chocolate dessert that looked like a pile of mud - technically a disaster but the taste was there. 

I haven't seen last nights episode, got it recorded to watch tonight. Watched the previous 2 episodes last night with the Mrs, maybe its just me but i won't see David as cocky at all, the mans totally calm under any pressure and seems to be loving the competition and getting better every time, kenny as well. Nawmin is undoubtedly a fantastic cook who makes spectacular THAI dishes..... But that's it. He CANNOT win it on that basis alone, its making a mockery of the competition IMO. Glad to see (from these posts) Alex went.

Agree with everything above. 

I felt David was a bit too cocky at the start, trying to be too 'wacky' with his dishes.  But he's continually learned all the way through, and like you say, he's ice cool under pressure.

Kenny is probably the most technically gifted cook, but he's still making the same mistakes as he did at the start by trying to put too many things on the plate.

You're bang on about Nawamin.  Incredible Thai dishes, but really struggles with non-Thai food.  Can't win it.  If he does, following on the back of fucking Trio of Curries last year, I'm out in future.

If Kenny pulls one out of the bag for the Final, he can still take the trophy, but David must go in as the strong favourite.

Nawamin got me thinking about Larkin Cen, runner up from a few years back. Larkin was exceptional at cooking Asian cuisine, but could also back it up with other types of cooking. Nawamin seems out of his depth when he’s not cooking Thai.

Think it’ll be close between Kenny and David.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Agree with everything above. 

I felt David was a bit too cocky at the start, trying to be too 'wacky' with his dishes.  But he's continually learned all the way through, and like you say, he's ice cool under pressure.

Kenny is probably the most technically gifted cook, but he's still making the same mistakes as he did at the start by trying to put too many things on the plate.

You're bang on about Nawamin.  Incredible Thai dishes, but really struggles with non-Thai food.  Can't win it.  If he does, following on the back of fucking Trio of Curries last year, I'm out in future.

If Kenny pulls one out of the bag for the Final, he can still take the trophy, but David must go in as the strong favourite.

Aye this is bang on. 

I'm having David to win now. If Nawamin wins with another Thai dish I'll be raging.